Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'll be heading to DC for their Breast Cancer 3-Day walk (doing 4 this year on Bicycle/Route Safety Crew!)

Our closing ceremonies are at the Lincoln Memorial on October 10. While I would LOVE to meet everyone (I'll be the one on the very pink bike with a very pink helmet/tiara and I'm sure I'll be wearing a tutu!) you might not want to plan to be biking amongst 3,000 weary walking women!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    The 2 we've done have been daytime events.
    And they usually coincided with a TE forum member visiting our fair city from out of town....so we can show them around. Cuz then we get to be tourists in our own neighborhood!
    Anyone visiting D.C. this fall?? Sorry, MMQFC...we didn't get together for a ride.
    No worries...as we stopped at a number of monuments when we rode into DC on 9/13; photo opps at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Mem, Capitol, White House...all enroute to our finish line nearby...was lovely!

I took the more traditional route - aka, walking - for some additional sightseeing last week, along with enjoying our meet, greet and eat!
    Thanks again!
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    http://www.nps.gov/mall/planyourvisi...-questions.htm Seems they do these tours every Saturday and Sunday so that's convenient, but each tour apparently focuses on a different theme. (Note: I was typing this as NY was editing her post...)

Do we want to try to pick a day with a theme that's interesting, just pick a day and have it be a surprise, or not worry about learning anything new and just go on our own route as our own group?
    Well I thought they were only on Sundays, so thanks for checking!

If they're like the family rides that they do once a month (which I highly recommend, btw), then you ride to a spot, stop and talk about something historical, ride to the next spot, stop and talk, ride, stop, ride, stop, etc. So definitely not a sustained cardio effort.

I don't know how you've done your rides in the past, i.e., if you like to ride around the sites with few or no stops or if you stop frequently to check things out.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Sat 9/26 (would take some quick planning)- KD
    Sun 9/27-

Sat 10/3- KD, 7
    Sun 10/4- DB, 7

Sat 10/10- KD, DB
    Sun 10/11- KD, DB

Sat 10/17- DB, 7
    Sun 10/18- DB, 7

Sat 10/24-
    Sun 10/25- KD

Sat 10/31-
    Sun 11/1
    Oct 4 is the Tour du Port. Who else is doing that ride?

I was considering doing the Civista Potomac Heritage Tour in La Plata on Oct 11. Other than that I have no plans.

I'm definitely doing Tour du Port, and Catriona will be also unless she bags it for a kite buggy event
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    I'll be heading to DC for their Breast Cancer 3-Day walk (doing 4 this year on Bicycle/Route Safety Crew!)

Our closing ceremonies are at the Lincoln Memorial on October 10. While I would LOVE to meet everyone (I'll be the one on the very pink bike with a very pink helmet/tiara and I'm sure I'll be wearing a tutu!) you might not want to plan to be biking amongst 3,000 weary walking women!
    Unfortunately, October 10th is the Seagull Century on the eastern shore of MD. Perhaps others can make it to do a meet and greet, but I'll be away - making a weekend of it, as it's also Columbus Day weekend. But I do hope you post pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    I'm definitely doing Tour du Port, and Catriona will be also unless she bags it for a kite buggy event
    So far I am not bagging it for a kite buggy event. I might run up to the buggy event the day before.

If we finish at a reasonable time after tour du port, we could pop into the reservoir (triadelphia?) for a paddle afterwards. Something slow. Rob (the guy on my facebook page that's going with us, is making a wood kayak in a CLC class I think this month, so I'm sure he'll wanna come with) or pop into baltimore harbor (never paddled there - is the water calm enough for you? There's enough lights down there that it could be a fun & pretty paddle if it was getting late.)

This weekend I'm heading over to assateague, so not a good one to pedal.
    I wouldn't mind a moonlit, evening tour of DC... Just 'cause there's so much less traffic & people.
    Last edited by Cataboo; 09-21-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Doesn't look like it's emerging as a good day, but October 25 is the Marine Corps Marathon so we'd want to avoid that day also.

Sat 9/26 (would take some quick planning)- KD
    Sun 9/27-

Sat 10/3- KD, 7
    Sun 10/4- DB, 7

Sat 10/10- KD, DB, NY?
    Sun 10/11- KD, DB

Sat 10/17- DB, 7, NY
    Sun 10/18- DB, 7, NY

Sat 10/24-
    Sun 10/25- KD *Marine Corps Marathon*

Sat 10/31-
    Sun 11/1

I would say we should definitely not plan anything in DC or Arlington on the same day as the MCM.

This is indeed a tricky time of year to plan things.

Catriona, I answered your TdP question over in that thread so that this one wouldn't end up drifted all over the place: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...007#post463007
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Sat 10/10- KD, DB, Z
    Sun 10/11- KD, DB, Z

Sat 10/17- DB, 7, Z
    Sun 10/18- DB, 7, Z

Sat 10/24- Z
    Sun 10/25- KD, Z

Sat 10/31-Z
    Sun 11/1- Z

Availability subject to change
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    So far I am not bagging it for a kite buggy event. I might run up to the buggy event the day before.

If we finish at a reasonable time after tour du port, we could pop into the reservoir (triadelphia?) for a paddle afterwards. Something slow. Rob (the guy on my facebook page that's going with us, is making a wood kayak in a CLC class I think this month, so I'm sure he'll wanna come with) or pop into baltimore harbor (never paddled there - is the water calm enough for you? There's enough lights down there that it could be a fun & pretty paddle if it was getting late.)

This weekend I'm heading over to assateague, so not a good one to pedal.
    I wouldn't mind a moonlit, evening tour of DC... Just 'cause there's so much less traffic & people.
    I'm in favor of the moonlit tour of DC. Took one in early August and loved it, especially the ride around Haines Point ... no one was there except us cyclists and the view was spectacular.

I could groove on a night ride. The streets are practically empty at night.
    I will make up interesting stories about the monuments if you like.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I could groove on a night ride. The streets are practically empty at night.
    I will make up interesting stories about the monuments if you like.
    I like ... Zen.

Sat 10/10- KD, DB, Z, PG
    Sun 10/11- KD, DB, Z, PG

Sat 10/17- DB, 7, Z (isn't this bikeDC day?)
    Sun 10/18- DB, 7, Z, PG

Sat 10/24- Z, PG
    Sun 10/25- KD, Z, PG

Sat 10/31-Z
    Sun 11/1- Z

My niece has talked about doing bikeDC, but if we did this ride in the evening, I could bikeDC then bike DC I suppose. :-)
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!