Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Fox River Trail, St Charles IL

To disable ads, please log-in.

My hubby and I will be staying at Pheasant Run Resort this weekend for a business conference and want to do some biking in our free time. Wondering what the Fox River Trail is like? If it's easy to get to from the resort? And the most scenic route - it looks like it goes north and south out of St. Charles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Fox River Trail is a great limestone trail, very heavily used around the towns of St. Charles, Geneva and Batavia on the weekends (watch out for strolling families!). I've ridden it from St. Charles to the south but not north of St. Charles. It changes into another trail name as you go north and you can actually ride all the way to the Wisconsin border if you want - this stretch is supposed to be less crowded. Once you get away from the populated areas you can build up your speed a bit. I don't know where Pheasant Run is, so I can't tell you how far it is but you can MapQuest it if you know the street address. It's very scenic with the river on your side as you ride. A map is available at http://www.co.kane.il.us/Forest/frtrail.htm. You could also consider the Great Western Trail leaving from Leroy Oaks Park in St. Charles and travelling west. It's a rails-to-trails limestone path and also very pretty. Welcome to Chicagoland!