Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking for riding buddies in CT!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey ladies! Anyone in CT? Maybe in the UConn area?

RI here. But sometimes ride over there!
    Have you checked out the local riding club?
    I can do five more miles.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Why don't you introduce yourself and let us know that you're not some bike stalker, 'kay?

I have checked out local cycling clubs, but I'm a noob to riding (just since June) and I'm kind of intimidated. I did one beginner's ride and it was fun, but haven't returned because of the day/time of the ride.

P.S. not a 'bike stalker,' just a grad student at UConn looking for some other people to ride with.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    That's cool, just checking. We can't be too careful on the internet, you know.

These guys are out your way

http://www.neracearth.com/

Post Missed height of season for 'girls only rides' but....

I'm part of a group of gals that lead a few weekly ladies only rides. The official rides are really done for the season, due to shortened days.

*A few gals hook up on their own throughout off season and most ride all year.

Not sure what the offerings will be next year; but to give you a feel for the past 2-3 yrs:

• Skills & Social Group (pace 14-16) recovery, technique, social (Wethersfield)
    • Endurance Group (pace 16-18) rolling hills, distance, some hill work (S/E Windsor)
    • Working group: (pace: 18-20+ ) Fast, hills, race strategy (Glastonbury)

*No one ever gets dropped and its a great supportive group.

We're also in the midst of working out details for a monthly ride, location will vary month to month; hope to have it wrapped up within the next few weeks.
    This will be mainly a B group (pace of 16-18)

Off-season workshops are also offered (either free or nominal fee): Last year workshops, Tool I and Tool II (Bike Maintenence), Nutrition on the Bike were just a few.

Drop a PM if interested in getting on distribution.
    Last edited by crumpincommuter; 09-30-2009 at 10:55 AM.
    "Competition is often won or lost on the 6 inch playing field between the ears."

Thumbs up Girls Only Rides Central CT

Stay tuned for basic flyer to be posted in the next few weeks.

Until weekly rides resume in Spring> Monthly rides will be lead from varying locations throughout CT (October through next November).
    "Competition is often won or lost on the 6 inch playing field between the ears."

I'll be looking. While there are a few clubs here on the shore, they're male-dominated, and really there haven't been many rides. I think there are weekly rides, but I'm too afraid of being dropped. I'd definitely be more comfortable riding with women.

CT Women's Ride Poster

Here's the poster for the established rides. (Apologies for not publishing in time for Oct)

There has been some interest in adding a slightly slower paced ride, which we'll likely add as we begin to return to slightly warmer weather, early spring...

Stay tuned for possible offerings for Tool Schools (Bike Mechanics 101, stuff to get you out of a jam on the road).. We're still putting feelers out to local bike shops who might want to host...

and Kate.... I owe you a reply.... will forward under private email...
    Attached Files Attached Files