Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 144 of 252 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today:

B: steel cut oats with almonds and blueberries, 3 egg whites, skim milk, coffee

12.5 mile ride to gym (ate a banana when I got there)
    1 hour advanced Bosu class with kettlebells (had a Power bar afterwards)
    15 mile hot ride home - starving and as no food was ready had another small Power bar

I seem to get much more hungry when riding in hot weather than when it is a bit cooler - also notice my heart rate tends to trend higher when it is hot.

L: very late - roasted chicken breast, salad with amaranth leaves, carrots, cherry tomatoes, onion, balsamic vinegar, a bit of sharp cheddar cheese. Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream for dessert

D: more roasted chicken breast, strawberries with non-fat yogurt, 1 beer

Still 300 calories short for the day, but that is enough food for one day....at least I am getting much closer to my net calorie targets on heavy exercise days than I once did.
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.

B: bowl of special k; coffee
    Starving today!
    L: big plate of spagetti and tomato sauce
    Snack: coke float with vanilla ice cream
    1 beer
    D: chili relleno, beef taco, rice and whole beans, 1 margarita

slice of Ezekial bread before boot camp
    B: egg whites and lox, an orange, coffee
    L: home made chicken salad, made with plain Greek yogurt, cranberries, walnuts, an apple, slice of Ezekial raisin bread
    S: small piece of Machengo cheese and pita rounds
    D: salmon cooked in parchment with veggies, whole wheat orzo, veggie salad, glass of rose wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Yesterday: rest day

B: Steel cut oats, 1 whole egg + 1 egg white, skim milk, coffee

L: 4 oz roasted skinless chicken breast and an incredible pasta salad (lots of spinach, olives, a small amount of pasta, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, I think the dressing was a Greek feta vinaigrette) I bought the salad as I had left part of my lunch home, but it will be easily duplicated

S: 1/4 cup ice cream.....

D: 4 oz roasted skinless chicken breast and Kashi winter wheat cereal with skim milk - not at the same time though. I SO didn't want to cook or do much in the kitchen so settled for whatever required no work at all I spent all evening resting/elevating my knee and reading.
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-26-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Cereal, 1% milk, coffee
    L: broccoli and chicken with a tiny bit of white rice
    D: 1 grilled chicken leg and 1/4 of a chicken breast, 1 piece corn on the cob, green beans, sliced tomatoes, 1 beer

Those of you who are consistent about posting here regularly, can I ask a question? Do you eat your meals/food and then write it down (or remember it) to post here, or do you plan it out in advance so posting here is just transferring it from some other medium?

I obviously haven't been good about reporting, so I was wondering what you all did...

Here is today -
    B: smoothie - 1/2 banana, 1/2 c strawberries, 1/2 c blueberries, 1/2 c spinach, 1/4 c coconut milk, 1 scoop of egg white protein powder
    S: Lara bar and coffee w half n half
    L: huge bowl of mixed frozen veggies, 4 oz of chicken, 1 T olive oil, greek seasoning, juice from 1 lemon wedge, 1 c cherries
    S: apple and 1 oz uncured salami
    D: cabbage and sausage stir fry

Tomorrow I am starting a Whole30, so things will clean up a bit (no more lara bars, salami or half n half for the next 30 days!).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Those of you who are consistent about posting here regularly, can I ask a question? Do you eat your meals/food and then write it down (or remember it) to post here, or do you plan it out in advance so posting here is just transferring it from some other medium?
    I actually post yesterday's food when I post - usually post in the morning first thing when I get up and check all my emails, etc.

I either post my meals right after I finish dinner (like now), or the next morning. Sometimes, I have trouble remembering the previous day's breakfast, if it's the next day.

B: whole wheat cheese crisp with chicken breast, a sprinkle of low fat cheddar, green chili salsa, tomatoes, blueberries, coffee
    L: finished the left over chicken salad from yesterday, with a handful of nuts, cranberries, chocolate
    S: slice of Ezekial bread
    D: portabella mushroom sandwich , with red pepper rings, mayo/yogurt, on Ezekial bread, cole slaw, roasted red pepper/tomato soup
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Like Crankin, I generally post right after dinner. Outside of the weekends my diet doesn't vary all that much so it is pretty easy to remember, I also track it in Lose It to keep track of my numbers. Posting it here keeps me honest.

Today:

B: steel cut oats with blueberries, whole egg + egg white, skim milk, coffee
    S: banana
    L: Remainder of the spinach/feta pasta salad and added some sweet basil turkey chicken sausage. Blueberries + 0 fat Fage Greek yogurt for dessert.
    S: Power bar

1 hour group training class
    30 minute Bosu class

D: Skim milk, 4 oz roasted skinless chicken salad with the last of the amaranth leaves, mushrooms, sweet peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, homemade vinaigrette and a bit of grated sharp cheddar. Dessert was a few strawberries with 2 tablespoons Blue Bunny mint chocolate chip ice cream At this rate the 1/2 gallon is going to last until September

Crankin, it is interesting reading your breakfast choices, I need to start mixing things up a bit before I get tired of my steel cut oats.
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-26-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. About 9 years ago I bought a low glycemic type eating plan/cookbook, which had a 3 phase eating plan to help lose weight and keep it off. I did lose 5 lbs., and also found lots of good different things to eat for breakfast. Some of the recipes are a little out of date now, like with artificial sweeteners, but I like the combinations of foods in there.
    I've always eaten "real" food for breakfast. Except now, it's not left over pizza or Chinese food, cold, right out of the fridge.
    Last edited by Crankin; 06-26-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 2 eggs, 1 piece wg toast, oj, coffee
    handful of goldfish
    L: chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and hot sauce, 1 pickle
    D: vege stir fry with rice noodles (onions, mushrooms, kale, napa cabbage, red bell pepper, pea pods)

Today:

B: steel cut oats with blueberries, whole egg + egg white, skim milk, coffee
    S: banana
    L: roasted skinless chicken breast salad with one slice sprouted wheat bread
    S: Trader Joe's Multi-Grain Slim bread, 1 ounce "Incredible Surprise" Cheddar/Parmesan cheese
    D: Purslane and Red lettuce with 4 ounces roasted skinless chicken breast salad, raisins, strawberries, homemade apple/honey vinaigrette, skim milk

Last rest day for the knee

B: I made the quinoa, sweet potato, and egg dish and had some blueberries and coffee with it.
    S: before my ride to do errands I had half a Luna Bar (12.5 mile ride)
    L: tuna sandwich on a spelt flour roll, which I bought this morning, an orange
    D: salmon burger patty with a salad with avocado, tomato, lettuce, sweet potato, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

We rode another century today

Breakfast: hashed potatoes with all kinds of veggies, scrambled eggs, buttered biscuit, OJ
    Morning snacks: clif margarita shot blocks, small can of OJ
    Lunch: Luna peanut honey pretzel bar, the best $1 hot dog I have ever eaten, 3 string cheeses, 1 banana, celery and peanut butter
    Afternoon snacks: clif shot blocks, peanut honey pretzel bar
    Post-ride: Recoverite, some pretzels
    Dinner: spaghetti with meat sauce, delicious bread and butter, fruit salad, and apple-walnut pie from Avon Cafe!
    Late night snack: more fresh baked bread.

We're riding over the continental divide tomorrow... weeee!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

I decided that I'm going to post the previous day's food.

Yesterday:
    B - cold chicken, 1/2 apple, almond butter
    S - black coffee, 1 oz nuts
    L - steak fajita salad with quac and salsa
    S - 1 T coconut butter
    D - huge fricken steak with a pile of asparagus at a restaurant (that only serves local grass fed beef and it was outstandingly delicious!)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom