Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 178 of 252 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    B: scrambled eggs with parsley (surprised to find out that parsley is tasty along with being nutritious), bacon, coffee and cream
    Parsley makes a fabulous pesto too! Good on pretty much anything (eggs, fish, and lots of stuff you don't eat like bread and pasta).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Parsley makes a fabulous pesto too! Good on pretty much anything (eggs, fish, and lots of stuff you don't eat like bread and pasta).
    I make it a point to try at least one new veggie a week, and I like this so much that my sausage frittata currently baking has lots of parsley in it rather than baby spinach. It is good to mix things up I tend to limit myself to my favorite 2-3 veggies and am trying to force myself out of that habit.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    B- cornflakes with strawberries and skim milk, tea with milk
    Snack - pain au chocolate pastry and coffee with milk...I rushed out of the bakery because it was starting to snow again.
    Snack - 2 crackers with red pepper hummus
    Dinner- My Chinese New year's at home: stir fried squash with peppers, sliced beef, onions, garlic and ginger root. Noodles on side. Dessert: 1 crepe with homemade compote of rhubarb, blueberries with a dab of Greek yogurt over the top, fresh raspberries. Also serves as my early Valentine's dessert from him
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Feeling the need for comfort food.
    B: egg whites, kale, 2 slices uncured bacon, an orange
    S: handful of walnuts
    L: 2 chicken/pepper sausages, stir fried with tomatoes and kale, cup of butternut squash soup
    S: I gave in. I ate a piece of Ezekial raisin bread and had some Machengo cheese
    D:chicken breast, sauteed with red pepper, onions, curry powder and raisins, roasted broccoli, glass of red wine, 2 squares dark chocolate
    S: an orange
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: 2 eggs, hashbrowns, 1 piece bacon, 1/2 english muffin with butter, coffee
    L: 1 chicken thigh and roasted potatoes
    D: pasta with veges (red and yellow peppers, onion, asparagus, chicken italian sausage and parmesan) and olive oil, 1 glass red wine

B: 1 bowl of cereal, 2% milk, 1 banana
    Snack 2 peanut butter crackers
    L: grilled cheese sammy on wheat
    D: meatloaf, roasted potatoes, corn, broccoli, 1 beer

B: rice chex, 2% milk, strawberries, coffee
    Snack: 1 banana
    Lunch: 1 piece of fried breast chicken, coleslaw
    Dinner: baked chicken thigh with red chili sauce, rice, leftover pinto beans, guacamole, tortilla, 1 glass red wine
    2 chocolate chip cookies

Traveling again.

Yesterday
    B: sausage sauteed with 'healthy 8' veggie mix from Trader Joe's
    L: a veggie cup from a shop at the airport (carrots, broccoli, grape tomatoes and a hard boiled egg) and a cup of coffee
    S: nuts on the airplane (my own - not the ones they hand out) and water
    D: spinach salad from room service topped with my own tuna (at 10:30 pm...ouch!)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Travel day #2.

B: steak and egg breakfast bowl from Panera (did any of you paleo gals know that Panera has a 'hidden menu' with a bunch of paleo friendly options??)
    L: broiled fresh caught grouper on a salad that had figs and pumpkin seeds in it (delicious!)
    S: Lara bar
    D: carnitas salad from Chipotle topped with lots of guacamole
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I haven't been posting here since I've been sick, as I've totally fallen off of the clean eating wagon. Well, I've had a whole wheat bagel, whole wheat cous cous, a few slices of Ezekial bread. I know this is not really bad, but I'd been eating pretty clean. Well, now I'm going away for a long weekend of x country skiing, which always includes lots of eating. I will try to be good, but don't think I can be totally Paleo.
    I did make the Shepard's Pie recipe from the Eat Well cookbook. It was kind of a fail. Not sure what happened, but I think I need less broth and more meat. The mashed cauliflower on the top was a big hit though, and very easy to make. That will become a staple.
    Will start posting my food again next Monday.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I just learned that GLC, which is great news!

B: parsley/sausage fritata, coffee with cream
    1 hour group training session that featured deadlifts, hang-cleans & front-squats galore
    L: green beans, carrots, roasted chicken
    D: kale and arm roast (braised)

The grouper sounds good, I need to force myself to eat more fish...

B: eggs n turkey bacon, coffee
    L: low fat chilli with avocado
    D: skinned chicken legs, cottage cheese, mango chobani
    S: soy nuts, yogurt smoothie

So pooped. Going to bed. Good luck everyone on your weight loss and training goals :-)

Thanks for the tip, GLC! Please keep the travel menu ideas coming....I have several travels coming up and it's always a challenge to eat well when I'm on the road.

B: cereal, strawberries, 2% milk, coffee, 1 piece wg toast with butter
    1 donut (had to try our new dunkin donuts) with a cup of coffee
    L: 1 piece chicken thigh leftover with chili sauce, 1 piece wg bread with butter
    D: salmon, asparagus, pasta, 1 glass white wine

Today:

B: scrambled eggs with baby spinach over small amount of sweet potato hash, 2 thin slices of fresh side pork - I call it bacon (cooked with salt and pepper - yummm , coffee (no cream!)
    90 minute HARD workout!
    post workout snack: boiled egg whites, 1/2 banana
    L: chili over baby spinach, the other half of that banana
    D: Probably sirloin steak if I can make up my mind how I want to cook it, green beans, salad. Perhaps a small baked sweet potato, perhaps not.

Still kind of hungry after lunch, I might have to have a snack of a few hazelnuts or macadamia nuts with some strawberries...hmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-17-2013 at 09:47 AM.