Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 235 of 252 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

B: last of the current baked egg fritata/casserole/whatever it is, coffee, bacon
    L: shrimp, a bit of roasted mustard glazed chicken, and some broccoli salad
    500-swing kettlebell workout
    D: (early) last of the chocolate sweet potato chili (more in freezer) over spaghetti squash.
    S: as early as I ate dinner, will probably have a small snack of the pulled pork that is currently brazing over some baby greens. Or some roasted kale (that stuff is like crack!)

Currently LOVING hot peppermint tea with 100% cacoa powder mixed in - as there is no sugar at all and full of antioxidents it is a guilt free treat! No other chocolate for a time, need to resist this growing sweet tooth.
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-23-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Where do you get that tea?
    B: Irish oatmeal (haven't had that in over a year), with half a cup of almond milk, half a banana, walnuts, cinnamon. 2 turkey breakfast sausages, coffee
    L: curried apple chicken salad in 2 butter lettuce leaves
    15.4 mile hilly ride
    D: fresh tuna, sauteed with red and black pepper, sauce of red peppers, mango, red onion, lime juice, a little brown sugar and arrowroot, cauliflower rice. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Where do you get that tea?
    I make it Whole Foods sells Navitas 100% Cacoa Powder and Nibs, I get both. It is actually cheaper at the local Whole Foods than from Amazon - the nibs are a bit more expensive, I get the 8 ounce size. I've experimented with how much to add to my hot peppermint tea, and sometimes I toss in a few Cacoa Nibs as well, they are a little chewy I mainly use the powder for tea and coffee, but I've a few recipes that I use it in as well. The 8 ounces, even though I use it daily, lasts me roughly 6-7 weeks. Perhaps a bit longer if I don't make the chocolate chili very often as I use more than the recipe calls for.

The tea is very satisfying, but if you try it don't be shy about how much you put in. I use far more in my tea than I do coffee - about twice as much. If you do decide to try the nibs, look at the label carefully as they do sell a sweetened version. To me that defeats one of the purposes for using it! I've never seen a sweetened version of the powder however, which is good. I've heard of some grinding the nibs in a hand-coffee grinder and treating it as coffee - but of course that is the nibs (they look like shavings of the bean), not the powder.
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-23-2014 at 03:28 PM.

You know, I have never been in a local Whole Foods; in fact, the only one I've been to was in Boulder, in 2002, when we took DS #2 to look at CU. There is one in the next town, so I guess I'll head over.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    You know, I have never been in a local Whole Foods; in fact, the only one I've been to was in Boulder, in 2002, when we took DS #2 to look at CU. There is one in the next town, so I guess I'll head over.
    Whole Foods charges just under $10 for 8 ounces of the powder, and I think I paid $11 for the nibs (though you probably just want to start with the powder). You might be able to find a lower price that would justify the shipping online - I live about a 15 minute drive so I just get in the car.

On the subject of nibs. These are roasted pieces of the cacoa bean, and I am here to tell you that a few in hot tea or coffee makes them soft and yummy-chewy. I am going to grind them for some "choffy", basically treat them like coffee. We will see how it works I suspect the nibs will work even better in my chili and a dry rub that I already use the powder for!
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-23-2014 at 05:06 PM.

B: rice chex, strawberries, milk, coffee, 1 piece wg toast with butter
    L: 1 piece wg bread with peanut butter and cherry jam
    S: tortilla chips with salsa
    D: roasted chicken, leftover brown rice pilaf, peas, roasted butternut squash w/ sprinkling of parmesan, 1/2 biscuit, 1 glass chardonnay
    2 orange slices (candy)

half a banana before boot camp
    B: tuna in olice oil over sliced tomato, melted low fat cheddar, small amount of whole wheat flakes with almond milk, blueberries, coffee
    L: left over chicken, broccoli, quinoa, an apple
    S: Lara Bar
    DL chick peas in curried tomato sauce with spinach, one 6 inch whole wheat pita, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

rest day
    B: egg white omelet with avocado, sprinkle of cheddar, left over mango salsa with red pepper, an orange
    L: 2 chicken salad/walnut/dried cranberry butter lettuce "wraps", an apple
    S: hard boiled egg
    D: whole wheat shell pasta with kale and white beans, garlic. an orange, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: blueberry smoothie, made from Greek non fat plain yogurt; DH made it Sunday and this was left over, about 6 oz. slice of spelt raisin bread wth 1 tbsp. almond butter, coffee
    went to a challenging step/sculpt class for an hour
    S: half a banana
    L: tuna salad with lettuce, roasted red pepper, tomato, 4 olives, 1/4 avocado, fig vinegar. an apple with almond butter
    S: 2 whole wheat pita crackers, one piece of Iberico cheese
    D: zucchini/farro "burger" (no bun), roasted Brussel sprouts, sauteed grape tomatoes, sliced mango and a glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

half a banana before boot camp
    B: small chicken leg, 1/4 cup whole wheat farro, an orange, one cup of coffee
    L: met my friend for lunch at the hospital cafeteria (my office is attached to the hospital, but not part of it and she works there), had a tuna salad. Nothing special! I had an apple and almond butter when I got home after that.
    S: slice of Iberico cheese
    D: eggplant/tomato stew over whole wheat cous cous, 2 squares dark chocolate. I am hungry!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

When I woke up, I was wavering about riding to work. I finally decided not to, got dressed, and was dawdling before eating. Then, my DH called and said the rain was not coming in until later and it was actually getting sunny out. So... I quickly got into my bike clothes, packed my pannier, got my bike ready, while I was drinking coffee. Oh no, I had to eat!
    B: one slice of raisin spelt bread with almond butter
    S: at about 11, I ate the banana I brought with me and half a Lara Bar
    rode home at about 12:15 and had breakfast for lunch
    L: egg white, red pepper, sprinkle of goat cheese omelette, 1/4 avocado, an orange, more coffee
    S: apple
    D: went out to dinner. salad with 2 small romaine heads and beets/vinaigrette, roasted salmon with tapenade, I ate about 3/4, spinach, roasted fingerling potatoes, of which I had 2 or 3. glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Been fighting the plague and not wanting to eat at all...

Today
    Brekkie: eggs scrambled with baby greens, coffee
    L: chicken/chili over baby greens, spaghetti squash
    Solo workout featuring kettlebells - did better than I expected, though it was really just for movement and technique.
    S: protein shake
    D: more eggs over roasted butternut squash. Roasted kale (AKA crack), and a couple squares of dark chocolate for dessert
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-29-2014 at 03:18 PM.

B: 2 waffles with walnuts, dried cranberries, 1.5 turkey sausages, strawberries, blueberries, coffee
    30 mile ride, moderately hilly. Ate a Lara Bar during the ride, one bottle of water
    L: farro burger patty, 1/4 avocado, small sweet potato, an apple, more water
    S: nibbled on red pepper slices and carrots while I was cooking dinner
    D: I made vegetarian lentil soup with dumplings. The recipe was in the newspaper... really good, but next time I am going to use the low salt veggie broth instead of the bullion cubes and probably forgo the dumplings. I feel all puffy from the salt this morning and my weight is up.
    glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Weight was down this morning by 3 pounds, I KNOW I've not been eating enough from being sick but goodness, probably just less water retention since I've not been on my usual workout schedule this week. This is not the way I want to hit my weight goal! Rest day today, though part of me really wants to go out and do some trail running. Sunny day, supposed to reach the high 50's today...but still have a pretty deep cough so...nope. I want to be 100%, or as close to it as I can manage, for my group training Tuesday, and kettlebell training on Wed. I worked out yesterday with kettlebells at home and am resisting that idea now.

B: 2 eggs over a few ounces of roasted butternut squash
    L: crab salad (crab, veggies, an egg and homemade mayo)...there wasn't that much of it but I couldn't eat it all

I need some calories though, will probably have a banana and a couple squares of chocolate in a bit, or else some banana and coconut manna

D: don't know yet, will probably roast some chicken and kale with the remainder of some spaghetti squash, small salad with home-made dressing.

B: eggs, lox, and onions, blueberries and strawberries, slice of spelt toast, coffee
    L: 2 butter lettuce cups with home made chicken salad/walnuts, an apple
    D: scrod in a curry sauce with veggies, over sweet potato. sliced mango. Friends came over and she brought some endive with sweet potato and bacon for apps. glass of red wine.
    Today was an active rest day, with a 2 mile walk. I was pretty sore from riding yesterday
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura