Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 252 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Unhappy Food list

To disable ads, please log-in.

Breakfast: Oatmeal (made with water) with peanut butter, cinnamon, and butter spray.
    Lunch: Bowl of cheerios with low calorie soy milk, yogurt, and a few malted milk balls.
    Supper: Salad, fresh fruit, small serving leftover meatloaf, a couple bites of expensive cheese, piece of cornbread.
    Snack: Cocoa, ice cream bar, and a few more malted milk balls.

About 1200 calories.

Went for a 2 hour 31 mile kinda hilly ride.

PS - My metabolism is no friend of mine.

Barb

Having had dinner, I can now add to my earlier testimony:

A copious amount of capellini pasta with clam "sauce" (the clam's juice from the can and white wine, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs) with some strips of red, yellow and orange peppers and some slices of the single viable zucchini we've had this year. I think I had about 6 Kalamata olives, maybe more, and a slice of white crusted bread.

Half a glass of skim milk and and a lot of water.

I expect my sweet husband to bring me a square of chocolate sometime before I go to bed.

trying to behave

Breakfast: Oatmeal with apple & sultanas
    Snack: Orange & protein shake
    Lunch: Low carb shepherd's pie (cauliflower instead of potato topping) & steamed veges
    Snack: Red grapes
    Dinner: Corned meat & steamed veges

Rode for 1 hour before breakfast - a bit of pace which translates to plodding & a couple of hills. Weight training tonight.

This is as interesting as I thought it would be! Everyone here eats so nicely-- hurray for us

I did a 45 minute swim this morning, but nothing to eat yet. I'll report at the end of the day
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

This one's easy, I eat the same thing every day. Except for every now and then when my appetite catches up with increased activity or stress, then I'll eat anything not nailed down. I try to eat often and not too much at a time.

Breakfast: seal oil (omega 3) supplement, calcium supplement, orange juice. Black coffee. 2 slices of bread ("full grain"? sorta healthy), one with cheese and ham or similar protein, one with banana.

(40 min bike ride to work.)

Snack at work: green tea w/ a little sugar and lemon. 2 rye crackers.

Lunch: large salad, heavy on beans and chickpeas, oil dressing. White tea, 1 sq very dark chocolate.

Pre bike ride: 2 slices of bread with peanut butter. Black coffee.

(50-60 min bike ride.)

Handful of unsalted raw almonds or walnuts while contemplating dinner. Maybe a banana or something if dinner is going to be late.

Dinner: most typical is boiled rice and something wok-ish, chicken or pork fried with a lot of vegetables plus some kind of wok sauce (store-bought).

Evening: herb tea, a cracker or cookie or two sometimes. If I have dark chocolate at home another sq of this will frequently disappear roundabout now.

I've pretty much stopped buying snacks on impulse while on the road or while shopping, since I incorporated a few snacks into my regular diet. I'll buy an icecream or latte every now and then, but mostly to be social, not as much because I really crave it.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I was wondering IF only gals that ate "healthy" were posting....
    really makes me think I over eat, but when I do eat healthy at about 1400 calories I am HUNGRY. GUT, wrenching hungry!
    So here is what I ate yesterday and I skipped my workout!

B: 1 1/2 cups crunchy rasin bran w/ 8 oz 1% organic milk (probably the onlyt good thing I ate!)
    L: provided by hosp at a lunch meeting--RB on wheat bread, baked lays and BIG choco chip cookie...that I ate at my NEXT meeting (so I guess that was my snack)
    S: 2 mini reeses...OMG I can never give those up
    D: we went out...Carabas--slice (2 halfs) of sour dough bread w/ olive oil dipping sauce (yum). Ceasar salad WITH the dressing on and croutons. 1/2 of the chicken pizza--not too cheesey, chicken and pin nutes on it thin crust.
    Oh and 2 glasses of wine. (What can I say).

I probably eat like that at least one or twice a week. So probably explains why I have 8 pounds to lose and can't lose it. I love food. I love eating out. I get bored w/ same ole food easliy.

So there is the honest picture of my eating habits!
    katluvr

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    This is as interesting as I thought it would be! Everyone here eats so nicely-- hurray for us
    That's only because you asked yesterday. Now, if you would have asked on Saturday after I did my AR . . . There would have been about 3 pieces of cheese pizza, cheesy avacado dip with pita chips, a few beers, cookies, I think there was a salad in there and a York Peppermint Patty. And that was just dinner.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Well, that's eating nicely too

mmmm cheesy avocado dip
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    Funny, I was just thinking the opposite!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I eat A LOT more than 1,400 calories/day. But I have a fast metabolism, no weight to lose, and cycle at least 25 k/day, most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    I eat A LOT more than 1,400 calories/day. But I have a fast metabolism, no weight to lose, and cycle at least 25 k/day, most days.
    Wish I had your problem! I think I killed my metabolism from years of inactivity and HORRIBLE eating habits. It's really hard for me to lose weight now. I have to eat a specific combination of proteins/carbs/fats while maintaining 1400-1600 calories a day. If I work out for more than 60 minutes, I can add nutrition during that workout--but anything more and it's going right to my butt (which is usually what happens).
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

What a rarity! I only know a few other women like that, I would say I envy them but I like my body fine so I'm just happy for them instead.

What did I eat today...so far a bowl of great grains with soy milk, and at break I had a cup of black coffee. Lunch is at Chipotle today so it'll be a burrito bowl with guac...YUM!!

How about this...I've got one bad day and one good day to share...

Yesterday:
    B: cinnamon chip scone and coffee with skim milk from Panera
    S: cherry vanilla bagel from Panera
    L: left over chicken Kung Pao from chinese place on Sunday (had 1/3 of the meal) and a 1/2 can of diet Coke
    S: 1/4 c of granola that I brought to put on my yogurt (didn't eat the yogurt because I didn't have time to go to the break room!).
    D: sushi (assorted rolls and nigiri)
    desert: 1 cup light ice cream with about 2 Tbs of mini choc chips on it

Today's plan:
    B: 1 egg, 1 slice of canadian bacon & 1 whole grain english muffin
    S: coffee with goats milk, grape tomatoes
    L: 3 oz tuna, 2 cups frozen veggies (broccoli & beans, mostly), 1 orange
    S: 1/2 cup goats milk yogurt w/ 1 tbs of apple butter (all homemade)
    D: chicken breast with homemade pesto (grilled), steamed broccoli, sauteed zucchini and baked acorn squash

Yesterday - all of it was purchased
    Today - almost all of it was home made or home grown

How's that for contrast?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

GLC1968---you make me feel much better!
    katluvr

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Normally my minimal intake is probably 2,000 calories/day --with or without any cycling. I dunno. I've never tracked calorie intake. I will have to downgrade the intake as the years go by.

I used to have a fast metabolism.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.