Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 252 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    In college, a friend of mine got by on what she referred to as the "-ine" (een) food groups ... as in "Caffeine. Saltines. Nicotine".
    Monday nights in college I had band rehearsal at 6 pm (yes, I was in the marching band.) Dinner was usually a hot pretzel and a can of coke while standing in the hallway outside rehearsal room.

Ah, the good old days...

Today for lunch I went with the mushroom stroganoff from Noodles & Co. Also this morning I found a small bag of unsalted cashews that I had bought a couple of weeks ago during a long drive, so I had some of them for my pre-gym snack. Now for dinner I will have half a large baked potato topped with 2% milk cheddar cheese plus a glass of OJ.

Tomorrow for lunch I think I might go to Quiznos for an 8" tuna melt on wheat. With lots of pickles.

Today was a terrible food day. I've felt off all day, and what I ate probably didn't help:

B: bowl of cereal with 1% milk.
    L: PB&J
    S: another pumpkin spice frappucino. I at least get the small ones...
    D: I had a late running group meeting (damn research) and BF's sick, so him cooking is probably a terrible idea. I had a bowl of cereal and one of applesauce. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Today was a terrible food day. I've felt off all day, and what I ate probably didn't help:

B: bowl of cereal with 1% milk.
    L: PB&J
    S: another pumpkin spice frappucino. I at least get the small ones...
    D: I had a late running group meeting (damn research) and BF's sick, so him cooking is probably a terrible idea. I had a bowl of cereal and one of applesauce. :/
    That's not necessarily bad, depending on the kind of cereal.

B- Fage yogurt - 6 oz..... 1/2 of a blueberry muffin (thereby negating yogurt)
    with plain latte

L- 3 oz fresh mozzarella with 2 slices of proscuitto and fresh basil leaves

D- IN-n-Out burger!!!!!

I thought twice about posting, but the first step towards recovery is always hard

breakfast this morning was a serving of steel cut oatmeal, cooked in a cup of skim milk, with a sprinkle of brown sugar and some cut up strawberries. I also had 2 slices of low salt ham and a cup of coffee, half a cup of V8.
    My weight has stabilized after about 3 weeks of losing weight, without trying. This seems to be part of my fibro. flare ups. It was hard to eat more without eating badly, if you know what I mean. I didn't want to pig out and start eating a lot of junk and sugar, just to keep my weight up, because, believe me, I normally just look at something and gain. So, I had a few days of guiltlessly eating lots of good carbs and Indian food!
    OK, gotta go read my group therapy text. Only 230 pages to go.

I'd been craving meat and had a steak on Sunday. As of last night I still had B.O. I guess the ground beef in the freezer will have to wait a couple of months.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I'd been craving meat and had a steak on Sunday. As of last night I still had B.O.
    B.eef O.dor ?
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    B.eef O.dor ?

Pre-run fuel - banana
    During run (1hr, 50 min - 10.3 miles)- 3 Gu Roctane
    Breakfast - homemade whole wheat Belgian waffle with raisins, topped with 1Tbsp GLC1968's amazing pear butter. 1/2 cup cantaloupe. 1/2 grapefruit. 6oz orange juice. (yeah, I'm starving after a long run. )
    Snack - yogurt. coffee with chocolate soy milk.
    Lunch - 2 slices Oroweat light whole wheat bread with 3oz turkey breast, lettuce & mushrooms. 1 cup roasted red pepper soup. salad greens.
    dinner - my friend Jill is making fish tacos. I'm sure I will overindulge.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Breakfast - 1 banana, some pineapple and raspberries
    Mid morning snack - small 1 egg, ham and cheese burrito
    Lunch - small plate of spagetti and tomato sauce
    Dinner - will be grilled chicken thighs, veges from the garden, perhaps a piece of nice freshly baked whole grain bread and a glass or two of wine (it is friday!)

spoke

I would like to enter the contest for the WORST diet of the day:

Breakfast:
    Coffee with chocolate soymilk
    Two strawberry Pop Tarts
    Two DanActive "Probiotic Dairy Drinks"

Bike Ride (48 miles, pretty flat, avg. 17.5 mph, temp 95 hot degrees):
    2 bottles Gatorade
    Pack of HoneyStingers
    1 Powerbar Gel

Lunch:
    Large Carl's Jr. Strawberry Milkshake with Whipped Cream

Dinner:
    3 slices Safeway Select lots-of-meat-on-it pizza (thin crust...which of course makes it so much more nutritious)
    1 fresh pear
    Lots of cherry tomatoes
    Glass of skim milk

I may need some dessert later. You know, just to add some additional sugar and fat.

Good grief, I can't believe I've just admitted to this. My diet is not the greatest in general, but today was ATROCIOUS. But in my own defense, after a longish ride in the heat, my appetite gets really screwed up. Only certain things sound good. This doesn't explain the breakfast though

Today:

Breakfast: Coffee frappucino, skipped the whipped cream.

Lunch: Goldfish crackers.

Snack: handful of unsweetened banana chips and a bag of BBQ potato chips.

Dinner: Miso soup, tuna spicy rolls, and salmon sashimi.

I need to go shopping.

B: two slices organic whole grain bread with 1 T natural PB and 2 T of Susan's plum jam (damn...it's gone!!).
    S: coffee with goats milk
    L: left over grilled chicken w/ pesto, 1/4 c brown rice, 1 c leftover sauteed zucchini
    S: PB choc chip cookie
    D: 2 slices veggie pizza and 1/2 a diet coke

Not a good day, but not my worst ever. I feel like I'm forgetting something...I swear that I ate more than this today!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Yesterday:

B: Applesauce with cinnamon (I eat like a 5 year old sometimes...), and one of those bottled frappucino things (vanilla)
    S: a couple of doughnut holes from the event I volunteered at.
    L: Free pizza and a salad from the above event.
    S: goldfish and chai with milk and sugar
    D: Chicken coated in a mixture of salt, ground pepper, rosemary and thyme, cooked with onion, garlic, celery and carrot in a bit of butter and cooking sherry. Can of Blue Sky cream soda to drink.

Today:
    B: white chocolate mocha from the campus Starbucks. I'm out of cereal and applesauce
    L: PB&J and Dayquil
    D: no idea, with a side of I'm lazy. We may be going to Applebee's to celebrate a friend's birthday, though.

Edit: We did end up going out. I got a burger and ate about half of it and most of the fries, a salad (ate all of it) and a very small bit of cheesecake for dessert.
    Last edited by Owlie; 09-20-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Yesterday (fully supported ride, so I was eating what they had out) -

Started out with my usual breakfast, millet-rice-oatbran cereal with rice milk, walnuts and dried cranberries.

Two bottles of HEED (one scoop each)

Banana with a lot of PB
    Some kind of granola bar

Sandwich: two slices wheat bread, two slices turkey-type pressed food product (yeah I know ), one leaf romaine lettuce, mustard, pickle slices, big handful of potato chips

Diluted Gatorade (thought I had HEED powder with me, turns out I was carrying an empty cylinder around )

Banana with not quite so much PB
    More diluted Gatorade and plain water

Recovery snack: Key lime Larabar

Dinner: black-eyed pea chili with ground beef (DH cooked). And beer. M**t three times in one week and twice in one day It's going to be a looooong time before I have any more.
    [ETA: probably not that long if we wind up at family's for Thanksgiving]
    [edit again: realistically probably going to be having m**t NEXT weekend - another fully supported two-day ride, and my body really needs protein on a long ride. They normally put cheese out, but I don't do well with dairy and exercise - and it's too much to hope that they'll have my usual standby when I'm fueling myself, tuna salad. ]

Late night snack: dry cereal
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 09-20-2009 at 02:30 PM.