Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 252 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

B: whole wheat bagel, 2 slices low salt ham and sprinkle of low fat cheddar, with yogurt/butter, toasted. a few grapes. oj, coffee
    (I need to buy more fruit. not local anymore, though)
    snack: medium coffee and a low fat string cheese
    L: salad with lettuce and about half a cup of chicken salad, grape tomatoes, a green apple, water
    snack: handful of almonds and dried cranberries at 3 and a Luna Bar at 5:30 when I was in class
    D: 2 very small/thin boneless pork chops, with a sauce of shallots, butter, basalmic vinegar. salad with lettuce, avocado, mushrooms, sprinkle of dressing, and 2 baby sized sweet potatoes. water
    2 squares of dark chocolate

I am still hungry...

Two days ago I had pancakes with maple syrup and bacon for breakfast and then nothing else until dinner where I had 1/3 of a place of Pad See Ew. Talk about an unhealthy day!

Today was/is better:
    B: whole grain english muffin, 1 egg w/ green peppers & onions, 1 slice of canadian bacon and a small glass of apple cider.
    S: coffee w/ goat's milk
    L: low cal fruit smoothie with a tiny scoop of protein powder (eaten on the run...not good but better than fast food!)
    S: homemade zucchini nut muffin & an apple
    D: (haven't eaten this yet) grilled chicken, apple/acorn squash dish, salad and grilled zucchini (all from the yard except the chicken).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    ETA: am I the only one who doesn't post to this thread on days when I eat a bunch of cr*p?
    No.

I'll fess up on yesterday.

B: oatmeal with raisins, sunflower seeds & coconut on top (my new favorite way to eat oatmeal!). 1/4 of a cantaloupe.
    Snack: 2/3 of an everything bagel with peanut butter & jelly. (I simply can not resist peanut butter, even when I'm not hungry. )
    Lunch: This is why the day *really* went awry. Jeff & I went to Papa Haydn's, a great restaurant in town, after a morning meeting. After working our way through 2 breadbaskets of the yummiest french bread with this fabulous pepper butter, I then ate a sandwich comprised of focaccia, smoked turkey, applewood bacon, avocado, gorgonzola, lettuce, tomato & mustard. With a side of cucumber salad. And a pop. At least the pop was a diet. (Like that helps...)

I was soooooo full that I couldn't even think about food until late in the evening, when I had a small green salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Then, Jeff whipped out the chocolate/peanut butter dessert he took home from Papa Haydn's and I somehow managed to limit myself to just 3 bites. Then I had some grapes. I don't know why. I wasn't hungry.

So, Oak, there you have it. A food disaster post.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    apple/acorn squash dish
    Did you make the apple/acorn dish from allrecipes? I brought the leftovers for lunch today.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

No, unfortunately. I didn't bring my laptop home and it didn't occur to me that I could just look it up on facebook again from Rick's computer! Duh! I'll make it tomorrow, I think.

I still have piles of veggies I need to eat that don't keep as well as the acorn squash keeps...so I made a HUGE saute of assorted stuff (last of the green beans, almost the last of the zucchini, onions, tomatoes, broccoli and store bought cauliflower) - YUM!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

muesli and milk for breakfast

a banana

whole wheat bread with goat cheese and home made soup.

an apple

Stuffed tomatoes with quinoa, feta, herbs... and a salad.

Toast with peanut butter and coffee.

Slice of swiss, 4 whole grain crackers.

Red pepper quesadilla and salsa.

Snack will be a banana.

Dinner is gnocchi over a bed of spinach.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I wanna eat cr*p, but I have none in the house! Working from home eliminates the temptation to go out for lunch. And I'm one of those people who doesn't go grocery shopping until my cupboard is bare, which it is right now.

This morning I treated myself to a latte, even though it isn't Sunday (my usual coffee day). I also had a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and a slice of tomato.

A late lunch (it's 2pm and I'm just eating lunch) is MORE black beans and brown rice. I've been eating this for days. I made a big pot of spicy black beans in my slow cooker. I prefer white rice, and I usually mix the two, but I need to go to the grocery store!!

Tonight I'm having chicken biryani with more brown rice, and a green salad. I'll also get some ice cream at the store, since I haven't had ice cream in at least a month, maybe more. It's time! I'm thinking Dove vanilla with that dark chocolate shell swirled through. mmmm.

So Far today:

Breakfast: English muffin with peanut butter; cup of coffee
    a couple hours of tennis
    Lunch: Bowl of my homemade ham and split pea soup

But, I'm really hungry today; so I'm not sure how good I'm going to be the rest of the day?

I'm cooking up a big piece of london broil to make into burritos tonight. Hope I can make it with just a small snack till dinner; I have 2 more hours of tennis to play this evening.

Oh and I'm having this one to unwind after a looooooooooooong day. (it's 9 pm here).

Enjoy, Papaver!! La Chouffe looks...uh...tres grande!!

Quote Originally Posted by pfunk12 View Post
    Enjoy, Papaver!! La Chouffe looks...uh...tres grande!!
    I took the smaller version. but thanx!

B: whole wheat bagel, with soynut butter, cup of low fat cottage cheese, with sliced almonds and dried cranberries, coffee, little bit of OJ
    L: Half a chicken sandwich on whole wheat, honey dijon mustard, coleslaw, and mango squash soup
    snack: half a Luna bar before a very short 11 mile ride and half afterwards, bottle of H20 with Nuun
    dinner,a t restaurant: club soda with lime, salad with lettuce, tomato, croutons, raisins, carrots, a little baslamic vinegrette
    blackened tilapia, salsa, sweet potato, and a mix of summer squash/zucchini
    herbal tea

snack: 2 squares of dark chocolate

time for bed...

B- 2 eggs and a whole wheat English muffin.

rode 15 miles to work

B2- another English muffin with cream cheese

L- Frozen broccoli and cheddar pot pie (on days I drive, I stock the freezer with stuff like this for lunch on the days I ride).

snack-a banana

rode 15 miles from work

D-Home made cabbage soup, a slice of rye bread with butter, half a potato pancake with sour cream, an orange, and chocolate pudding for dessert.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Ice cream for supper!