Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 231 of 252 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Saturday:

B: eggs scrambled with veggies, 1/2 apple, coffee
    1 hour solo workout - not as intense as usual, focused on mobility, a light power session, and finished up with an AT threshold segment. Followed by protein shake
    L: Salad with pulled pork & veggies
    S: stuffed egg
    D: Pulled pork, small sweet potato, roasted green beans, bit of raw milk Gouda cheese.

Today:

B: Pumpkin Pancakes (from Practical Paleo), 2 slices fresh side, 1 egg
    L: Pulled pork, small sweet potato, roasted green beans (left-overs from dinner)
    D: My version of Chocolate Chili (from Well Fed 1), this had a mix of grassfed beef and pastured ground pork, added more spices, over roasted spaghetti squash and the last of the roasted green beans. I am addicted to roasted veggies... oh yes, I also had one beer.

I like both Well Fed cookbooks, but there is a big difference between them. The second one has more recipes, they are organized differently, and she has made some changes in some of the different types of recipes. For example, her sausage mixes from WF2 use cream of tartar and baking soda, while the mixes from the first one doesn't. In this case I merge them I've favorites in both. I do like the Taj Mahal, but I think I like the West African Chicken Stew best of all from the second one, at least right now. Glad you got the cauli-rice down, it is useful, though I think I prefer mashed cauliflower right now.

I'm addicted to mashed parsnips! They are naturally sweet tasting.
    The West African stew will be on the menu after we come back from vacation
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: 1 piece wg toast with cherry jam, coffee, 1 bowl oatmeal with raspberries and strawberries.
    L: 1 piece bread, ham, cheese lettuce sammy with bowl of chicken rice soup
    D: 1 bowl of asian inspired soup, rice noodles, chard, broth, green onions, chicken sausage, 2 small toasts with parmesan, 1 glass red wine
    Last edited by spokewench; 02-10-2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: mistake

Today:

B: last of the pumpkin "pancakes' from yesterday, eggs scrambled with greens, coffee
    L: More chocolate chili over roasted spaghetti squash
    S: couple ounces cold chicken thigh, roasted green beans
    D: a few ounces of wild smoked salmon sauteed with an egg, leeks, sweet baby pepper, greens and also some roasted cauliflower/broccoli/carrots. I was still pretty hungry so grabbed a small baked sweet potato that was in the fridge.

I always seem hungrier on rest days... I am actually still hungry but that is enough food for one day! The kitchen is closed until brekkie...
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-10-2014 at 02:23 PM.

almonds and dried apricots (handful) before boot camp
    B: tea, 2 eggs, scrambled with lox, half a sweet potato, an orange
    L: salad with lettuce, chicken, grape tomatoes, avocado, fig vinegar, half a sweet potato
    S: nuts/dried cranberries, chocolate, later a Lara Bar
    D: 2 very thin pork chops with a green chili/cumin sauce, side of guacamole. The recipe was from Well Fed 2, but I don't remember the name of it. 2 squares dark chocolate
    I am severely stressed from work, the start up with new people, drowning in paperwork.. sleep is off and my sinuses are still not great. Plus, I nearly lost my voice yesterday from talking so much. Leaving tomorrow for vacation... my weight's back up and I won't try to watch while I am x country skiing.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Rest day
    B: 2 small chicken legs, half a cup of cauliflower rice, blueberries. cup of roasted red pepper and tomato soup, green tea
    L: salad with lettuce, tuna, half an avocado, the rest ofthe cauliflower rice, an apple
    S: 2 slices lox, handful of nuts
    D: half a glass of red wine, 2 salmon patties from Well Fed 2, another fantastic recipe. roasted broccoli, an orange, one square dark chocolate

Off to Stowe, VT for 5 days. I will not be posting my meals!
    Last edited by Crankin; 02-12-2014 at 04:26 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Rest day after setting another strength related personal record yesterday

B: roasted chicken thigh, sauteed spinach, coffee
    L: I was at a day-long meeting and took my lunch with me. It was a large salad with different types of greens, different types of fermented veggies, other veggies and a boiled egg. What was missing was protein, I needed a lot more than that single boiled egg. Was starving for most of the afternoon.
    S: because I was starving when I walked in the door I had some almond butter and raisins. I know, I know, this is like crack for me. I need to not buy either for awhile as I am just too addicted to this. I don't use either for much anything else.
    D: Almost the last of the Chocolate Chili from Well Fed (I actually stuck to the recipe for this one, increased some of the spices), over spinach. Glass of wine and an apple.

Still a bit hungry but the kitchen is closed for the day. I've learned if I don't eat enough throughout the day that I will just stay hungry that night - what I had for dinner was substantial.
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-14-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Today:

B: eggs scrambled with veggies, coffee
    solo strength-cardio workout followed with protein shake
    L: (at winter's farmers market) frittata with lots of veggies, over more veggies/fermented veggies. 1/8th cup dark chocolate/macadamia nut ice cream
    D: Trader Joe's Wild Smoked Sockyeye salmon and a pile of steamed carrots/broccoli/cauliflower, 1 glass of wine

OK, I am back after an eating hearty (and totally non Paleo) vacation. I don't feel guilty, but I'm not weighing myself for awhile
    B: sliced chicken, half a sweet potato, an orange
    L: salad Nicoise, with tuna, olives, green beans, one egg,tomato vinaigrette
    S: an apple and almond butter
    D: I made the west African stew! The sunflower butter I bought is not entirely clean (some sugar) and isn't as good as the brand I buy in the health food store. But, I was lazy. Served it over spinach. 2 squares dark chocolate
    No exercise today or yesterday. Back to boot camp tomorrow
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Did you like the West African Stew Crankin? I love it. I tried to make my own sunbutter and found my food processor isn't powerful enough. I might try to make it with almond butter, we will see. I DID use the results of my failed sunbutter experiment in the last West African Stew and it was fine. It was like a fine moist flour - at least almost. It was better than using the sunbutter with sugar from Trader Joe's. A lot cheaper as well. So far I've not found an unsweetened sunbutter and I won't order it online. Just too expensive when I've another alternative.

B: wild smoked salmon veggie egg scramble
    1 hour easier workout, mainly went to get some tips from an internationally ranked kettlebell master, followed by protein shake
    L: roasted chicken thigh over sauteed chard and other mixed greens
    D: Meatza! (from Well Fed 1, one of the variations), steamed veggies
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-18-2014 at 02:20 AM.

I liked the stew, even though I thought it had a slightly odd taste. I seasoned it more, and that went away. DH liked it, too.
    I can buy suflower butter without sugar at the natural foods store, which is very close to me, but in the other direction from my grocery store and TJs. Very expensive, but worth it for the few things I need to get there. I buy my almond butter there, too.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: half a banana before boot camp, then a protein shake (6 oz) with almond milk, pea protein, the other half of the banana, and blueberries, scrambled egg whites and smoked salmon
    L: left over tuna nicoise salad, half an apple, half a sweet potato
    S: nuts, chocolate, cranberries
    D: finished the West African stew, over zucchini noodles
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yesterday:

B: another smoked wild salmon veggie scramble, 1 slice uncured bacon, coffee
    1 hour group training that featured deadlifting (max weight), followed by protein shake
    L: more Meatza and lots of steamed veggies
    S: small cup of beef stew (was STARVING)
    D: yet more Meatza and big pile of roasted kale and shaved brussel sprouts

Today (rest day)

B: eggs scrambled with mixed greens, 1 slice uncured bacon
    L: Almost the last of the Meatza, and more steamed veggies
    S: (planned) 2 ounces roast chicken, and small amount of roasted butternut squash
    D: Planning on finishing up the small remaining piece of Meatza, a very small leftover roasted chicken thigh, steamed veggies and sauteed kale.

B: 2 eggs, scrambled with kale, an orange, 2 turkey sausages
    a half hour of snow shoveling, then 2 hours of x country skiing, ate a couple of dried apricots while skiing
    L: spinach salad with walnuts, dried cranberries, grilled chicken, balsamic vinaigrette
    another hour of shoveling
    D: 2 salmon patties which I had frozen, mashed parsnips, salad, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

half a banana before boot camp
    B: protein shake, egg whites with smoked salmon and 1/4 avocado, coffee
    L: lamb burger patty on a tomato, mixed salad
    about a half hour of shoveling
    S: an apple with almond butter
    D: I unfroze one of the Well Fed dishes I made 2 wks ago. I can't remember the name, but it was Indian food/chicken. Had some zucchini "noodles" with it. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura