Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 116 of 252 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Uh, you exercise 5X as much as some of us...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    I scan this thread often, and I always feel like I eat *a lot* compared to some of you.
    Don't worry, I'll give you a run for your money this summer on my x-country bike ride!

Today:
    1 hour fast walking
    B: 3 eggs w/ parmesan, chopped strawberries
    MS: larabar
    L: large salad with roasted butternut squash and grilled chicken
    AS: an ounce or so of cheeeeeese
    D: turkey meatballs and sauce (skipped the pasta). grapefruit half for dessert
    Last edited by Reesha; 03-22-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Uh, you exercise 5X as much as some of us...
    Ditto! I only play tennis - it doesn't burn half as many calories as cycling for hours did. I probably eat the most calories of all the folks that post here a lot. But, I do watch now since I don't exercise as much

5 almonds before strength and core class
    B: 4 slices of low salt ham rolled with cream cheese, bowl of Irish oatmeal
    L: can of tuna in olive oil, red peppers, an apple
    S: pack of nuts and cranberries
    D: salmon burger, cole slaw, asparagus roasted on the grill, 2 squares dark chocolate, glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: rice chex, strawberries, milk, coffee
    Snacks: 1 Banana and 1 chobani peach yogurt
    Lunch: 2 chicken thighs and some greek garbanzo bean salad
    Dinner: chicken sandwich with feta, pesto, tomatoes, 1/2 glass red wine

[QUOTE=Susan Otcenas;629695]I scan this thread often, and I always feel like I eat *a lot* compared to some of you. Here's yesterday:QUOTE]

That is why I don't post here...I eat more, eat out more and I drink more! No wonder I am stuck at this weight!

K
    katluvr

Hey, I eat out a lot and don't lie about my red wine obsession!
    5 almonds before run-walk (30 minutes)
    B: egg white omelette with turkey breast, avocado, goat cheese, an orange, coffee
    L: half a low salt ham sandwich, with mustard, cole slaw
    S: small skim milk iced mocha latte
    D:glass of red wine, piece of cheese, 2 thin pork chops with a spicy chili-hoisin-soy sauce and mushrooms, home made cabbage slaw with ginger sesame dressing
    2 squares chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I scan this thread often, and I always feel like I eat *a lot* compared to some of you.
    Me too. I never post in this thread because I eat about three times more than the people who post here.

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    Me too. I never post in this thread because I eat about three times more than the people who post here.
    I either forget to eat and then eat something terrible to make up for it, or I eat like a pig from the start. And at least for the last couple months, most days I'm not exercising apart from walking to and from my car. So...you're probably okay.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I scan this thread often, and I always feel like I eat *a lot* compared to some of you. Here's yesterday...Huh. I ate 7 times yesterday! I guess that's typical for me though, when I have a double workout, like yesterday. If I have just one workout, I eat 6 times.

On the bright side, this WAS within my calorie budget for the day!
    You have to fuel your body for your activity level, and as Crankin said, you exercise at a much more intensive level than most of us here do. Ya need food for that

This thread really helps me, especially when we've women posting with a wide variety of activity levels. I've gotten food ideas from here. I post because it helps provide me a bit of accountability and while I don't post daily (I track everything I eat with Lose It on my phone), it does help.

Lose It! is a fine phone application, the phone application keeps track of my nutritional proportions along with caloric intake and allows custom foods/recipes. The associated website provides me with reports of different kinds and even shows me what my favorite foods are - in case there was any doubt. I've used this since I started all of this 2.5 years ago and it is very helpful.

Yesterday:

Heavy weights workout yesterday with a caloric goal of 2,000 calories (real, not net). Didn't quite make it but I got closer than I have since I started working to increase my intake while working with the tweaked nutritional splits the nutritionist advised:

B: 2 egg whites, 1 cup steel cut oats with fresh blueberries + a bit of PB, skim milk and coffee

S: PowerPro bar

120 minute weights workout (this includes warming up and extensive stretching afterwards so the actual workout was closer to 90 minutes

L: Luna Chocolate protein bar (had to run errands and no chance for a real lunch)

S: ANOTHER Luna bar regular, not protien (still on errands and got HUNGRY)

D: Fresh seared Tuna steak, Bok Choy, 1/2 cup brown rice, homemade veggie soup, small lettuce salad with a bit of raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Skim milk.

S: friend came over and brought a lovely largish homemade chocolate chip/coconut cookie. I actually wanted a beer but didn't want both. It was worth it, delicious!

Goal of 2,000 calories for a workout day, actually consumed 1800, I am getting there. My weight this morning is back down to what it was before I started tweaking my diet. I think I would have made my goal if I had eaten real food for lunch. Perhaps...my normal lunch has the same calories as that Luna protein bar.

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post

That is why I don't post here...I eat more, eat out more and I drink more! No wonder I am stuck at this weight!

K
    Oh but I always think it's interesting! Everyone here has different metabolic requirements based on age, size, and activity level. Also various unique health problems. I started the thread just because I'm curious how others eat within the cycling community. I figured I'm getting just a tiny cross section though. By the same token, I tend not to post here when I'm not trying to accomplish something in training or with fat loss. It just helps to write this stuff down somewhere for me.

Yesterday was weird because my body just wasn't that hungry.
    3 eggs with parmesan for a late breakfast
    half a bag of buttered movie theater popcorn
    16 mile bike ride
    1 oz cheese
    beef shawarma on basmati rice with pickled beets

I guess I just wasn't that hungry. Today my brother and sister and their SOs are coming down to my mom's for dinner so I am putting on my chef hat.
    I'm making pork butt braised with apples and herbs (optional bbq sauce and rolls), warm german potato salad, carrot and purple cabbage slaw, deviled eggs for starters (mmm).

I'm trying to find a sexy new deviled egg recipe. Maybe something with craime fraiche and herbs? If anyone has any ideas I am all ears!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    I'm trying to find a sexy new deviled egg recipe. Maybe something with craime fraiche and herbs? If anyone has any ideas I am all ears!
    I made an interesting variation a couple of years back that used canned crab, it was pretty good! The problem, however, is if someone bites into it expecting more traditional stuffed eggs they get quite the surprise! Your idea sounds good and probably safer

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    Oh but I always think it's interesting! Everyone here has different metabolic requirements based on age, size, and activity level. Also various unique health problems. I started the thread just because I'm curious how others eat within the cycling community. I figured I'm getting just a tiny cross section though. By the same token, I tend not to post here when I'm not trying to accomplish something in training or with fat loss. It just helps to write this stuff down somewhere for me.

Yesterday was weird because my body just wasn't that hungry.
    3 eggs with parmesan for a late breakfast
    half a bag of buttered movie theater popcorn
    16 mile bike ride
    1 oz cheese
    beef shawarma on basmati rice with pickled beets

I guess I just wasn't that hungry. Today my brother and sister and their SOs are coming down to my mom's for dinner so I am putting on my chef hat.
    I'm making pork butt braised with apples and herbs (optional bbq sauce and rolls), warm german potato salad, carrot and purple cabbage slaw, deviled eggs for starters (mmm).

I can't help with the deviled eggs, but shawarma...drool. Anyway.

Yesterday:
    Cereal with 1% milk
    Small white chocolate mocha
    the equivalent of 2.5 glasses of wine, small amounts of salad, jambalaya, California roll, vegetarian paella (good, actually, but I think it needed that flavor from that comes from browned meat bits), chocolate truffles and peanut brittle. Yes, I was a little tipsy by the end.
    12 oz frozen yogurt (non-fat strawberry/low-fat cheesecake swirl, with strawberries on top, then a layer of low-fat coconut with shredded coconut on top. I have a coconut problem.)

Today:
    Big bowl of cereal with 1%
    Tea (with 1% milk and sugar), 2 chocolate cookies.
    Chickpea and cauliflower "curry" (really, they're just in a spicy tomato sauce...), brown rice, salad (1/2 arugula, 1/2 spring mix, with sliced radishes and Caesar dressing--it was what I had in the fridge.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Rest day today, so a target of 1600-1800 calories. I made it, barely, but I did make it

B: 1 egg white + 1 whole egg, 1 cup steel cut oats with fresh blueberries + 6 almonds, skim milk and coffee. 1 small chunk of low-fat Celtic white cheddar

S: small banana with 1 tsp PB

L: Leftover seared tuna steak sandwich with sprouted wheat bread, a little more white cheddar, steamed bok choy

S: 8 almonds + a few raisins

D: roasted skinless chicken breast, brown rice, steamed/sauteed kale, bok choy, and onion. 1 Bad Elmer's Porter

S: small apple with 1 tsp PB