Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 236 of 252 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

half a banana before boot camp
    B: egg whites, spinach, lox, an orange, coffee
    L: tuna salad with apples, in butter lettuce wrap, blueberries
    S: slice of raisin spelt bread with almond butter
    D: spinach, black beans, quinoa, poblano/chipolte salad. 2 squares dark chocolate
    S: an orange
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: chicken leg, 1/4 cup whole wheat farro, 1/4 avocado, blueberries, coffee
    L: left over black bean/quinoa/poblano salad from last night, with some left over salmon and a hard boiled egg. an apple
    S: Lara bar before I commuted home
    D: eggplant/tomato stew with quinoa that I luckily had in the freezer, with a salad with dried cranberries, walnuts, goat cheese, fig vinaigrette
    2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Weight down yet again this morning, at this rate I MIGHT hit 120 this week. I still think it is just due to water loss and being off my usual fitness schedule. I am getting back to that, slowly but surely as I recovery from this allergy/asthmatic bronchitis/plague thing I've fought for the last solid week. Whatever my weight is currently doing, it will bounce back to the usual range once I am recovered. I am making an effort to eat a bit more just in case my caloric intake is lower than I think it is:

Yesterday:

B: 5 ounces of my current ground pork/veggie/egg casserole
    Group training session that featured a functional movement screen and correctives - much lower intensity level than usual
    L: Big a*s salad with lots of veggies, pecans, raisins, chicken and home-made dressing
    D: bone broth with lots of veggies, chard, more chicken and roasted butternut squash on the side with a bit of butter + a few pecans. Small amount of 85% dark chocolate

Today:

B: See yesterday, but a bit more of it
    L: Big a*s salad with lots of veggies, pecans, chicken and home-made dressing
    I do have a kettlebell training group at lunch, so I brought some extra egg casserole for a snack. Protein shake would be fine, but trying to get my calories up a bit...
    D:???? Roast chicken and veggies if I don't feel like cooking, we will see

I AM starting to finally feel better though

It sounds like you've had quite a time. I totally get the bronchial/asthma thing!
    B: 2 egg omelette with spinach and grated cheddar, 1/4 avocado, an orange, coffee
    L: chicken salad with walnuts and dried cranberries
    rode to meet friends for coffee, 7.2 miles, had some decaf, then rode 14 miles home, the long way
    S: slice of raisin spelt bread with sun nut butter
    D: 2 chicken thighs, sauted and then baked with fennel and green onions. Whole wheat cous cous. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

The thighs baked with fennel sounds interesting Crankin - but I always seem to just narrowly avoid an ER visit every time I try to start cutting fennel. Fennel and Jicama

Dinner turned out to be another healing bone-broth "soup" (for lack of a better name) that was filled with chopped sweet potato, roasted chicken, an egg, chard and spices. Followed with a bit of 85% dark chocolate Still had to do the protein shake though to bump my numbers up a bit. Made another batch of mustard-glazed baked chicken thighs for the next few days, and set some things into the fridge to thaw for chili.

KB training session was far more a butt-kicker than my group yesterday was. Very different instructor, but he has started to lay it on me - and my body took it better than I had hoped. I seem to be on the mend. Now I just need to lose the last of this cough...

I use my biggest knife to cut the fennel bulb.
    half a banana before boot camp
    B: small bowl of whole wheat organic flakes and almond milk with blueberries and a slice of Machengo cheese... I was rushed to get to the school I go to on Thursdays
    L: I met my old boss for lunch. Had a very small and nouveau type salad Nicoise, but I did sample one piece of pita and some sort of won ton thing with hummus and a few olives, more coffee
    S: 6 inch whole wheat pita with hummus. I had to go to the office at 5 and stay until almost 7, and that lunch was not doing it!
    D: salmon salad with arugula, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 2 egg omelette with cheddar and avocado, strawberries, coffee
    rode to work
    S: half a banana at 10, half a Lara Bar before riding home. I didn't get out of there until 12:30, I was starving
    L: tuna with arugula, red pepper, vinaigrette
    D: went out to a great restaurant before theatre night. I shared an organic beet salad with DH, which was awesome. Had scallops with parsnip puree and some other veggies. glass of red wine.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Still having problems with a lack of appetite, but I am starting to recover from the creeping plague. As it turns out the medication our employee clinic gave me was guaranteed to really exasperate my asthma, things got pretty dire. I am on the mend now though I won't return to that clinic again. If they don't know how to treat respiratory problems for someone with asthma then I won't put myself at risk.

Today:

Brekkie: eggs scrambled with spinach, bacon, coffee
    Solo KB workout, pretty intense and it felt pretty darn good (even with the coughing). Felt good to be able to move again without it feeling like it is going to kill me
    L: forgot about it
    So - very early dinner: planning on some chili and a salad, along with a small serving of organic Dark Chocolate Coconut Bliss (basically just creamy frozen coconut milk, cacoa and a bit of vanilla and agave)
    If I have an evening snack it will be some bone broth with veggies.
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-05-2014 at 12:19 PM.

B: whole wheat tortilla cheese crisp with low fat cheddar, 1/4 avocado, salsa, an orange, coffee
    L: I was presenting at my club's bike workshop; I had a whole wheat home made chicken salad wrap and some grapes
    S: 2 slices smoked salmon
    D: I had scallops again! Scallops, sautéed on a bed of kale, white beans, and whole wheat quinoa. glass of red wine, 2 squares dark chocolate
    rest day, allergies are rearing their ugly head.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: omelete with turkey sausage inside... DH put way too much of the sausage in there. bowl of blueberries, strawberries, orange slices
    L: chicken salad with walnuts and dried cranberries in 2 butter lettuc leaves, an apple
    22 mile ride, ate a lara Bar at mile 16, so I could finish strong (I did)
    S: slice of Machengo cheese
    D: chicken posole soup, sliced avocado and oranges, 2 squares dark chocolate, 1/2 glass red wine
    S: 1/2 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt with blueberries
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: when I came downstairs, DH had made me blueberry waffles, a treat for the weekday. I added 2 turkey sausages, and an orange, coffee
    S: I ate half a banana at around 11. I was starving already.
    L: I decided not to add the weight of full tupperware to my pannier today, so I went to the hospital cafeteria to get something. I tried the salad bar, instead of the prepared salad I've had before. Meh, not enough protein. That, with my apple was not enough.
    S: had the second half of the banana at 2 and a Lara Bar at 4. By 6, when I was getting ready to leave and ride home, I snagged 2 animal crackers from the kitchen.
    D: ate the left over chicken and fennel, with pureed parsnips. 2 squares dark chocolate.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I had 6 oz. of almond milk and half a banana before boot camp
    B: egg whites, kale, lox, an orange, coffee
    L: left over white beans, spinach, whole wheat quinoa, with some lettuce and chicken thrown in, an apple
    S: slice of spelt bread and almond butter
    D: steak and goat cheese salad with oranges, red onion, mushrooms, avocado, vinaigrette. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Wed.
    B: egg whites, kale, lox, an orange
    L: left over chicken posole soup, an apple
    15.2 mile ride, kind of fast
    S: slice of spelt bread and almond butter
    D: 2 turkey sausages, artichoke hearts, red peppers, basil in tomato sauce with roasted broccoli. so much broccoli, my stomach was hurting. 2 squares dark chocolate

Today:
    4 oz almond milk, half a banana before boot camp
    B: I got ready for work at the gym, ate a hard boiled egg, coffee in the car, slice of spelt bread and sun nut butter while I was working
    L: met my cousin for lunch, at around 1... had a veggie omelette with 2 small pieces of raisin toast. I did eat about 1/4 of the potatoes. coffee
    D: portobello, pimento, black bean whole wheat quesadilla with salsa, cilantro. sliced papaya and avocado. glass of red wine. 2 squares of dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 1 piece wg toast with butter, coffee, 1 banana
    L: 1 bowl of beef vege soup (homemade)
    S: 2 oatmeal raisin cookies
    D: salmon and salad with vinaigrette dressing, 1 piece wg bread with butter, 1/2 glass of wine

rest day
    B: tuna in olive oil on sliced tomatoes and kale, with a little melted cheddar, an orange, 2 cups coffee
    I went to work and had a frustrating morning, with cancellations, but I got some paperwork done. Then a friend texted me and asked me to meet her for lunch
    L: veggie salad with chicken salad. really good and just like I make at home
    S: an apple and a chicken drumstick at 5, we went out at 7
    D: shared roasted Brussel sprouts in maple vinaigrette with DH and then had a sort of nouveau salad Nicoise. 1.5 beers.
    Ugh, can't have more than one beer!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura