Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 226 of 252 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Not feeling so well today. My stomach was off Sat. and Sunday, but after breakfast today, it was really off and I had to take meds so I could leave for work. Rest day today, I am exhausted from 3 days in a row of winter sports. I feel like the intense exercise is setting off my symptoms from a few years ago, but also, today is the day I had to start telling my clients I am leaving, which=stress.
    B: 4 ham roll ups with light veggie cream cheese and walnuts, an orange, coffee. Then, I felt sick, so I had a half a piece of dry matzah before leaving. It's the only thing that helps when I feel this way.
    L: I ate some plain chicken breast shredded over left over salad DH made for dinner at friends Sat. I ate the chicken, just a little of the veggies. Half an apple
    S: Lara Bar
    D: I couldn't face the dinner I had planned, so I had wagon wheel pasta (yes, real, white pasta) with olive oil and cheese, and one left over lamb burger patty.Lots of seltzer water. Feel much better!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Today (blizzard enforced rest day)

B: eggs scrambled with spinach, bacon, coffee, 1/2 apple
    L: NomNom Paleo's "Spicy Tuna Cakes" with a small salad. I don't especially care for tuna, but these were great! I didn't use the muffin tin as the recipe recommends, just dropped them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Worked out well! This is one of her more simple recipes - who would have thought that mashed sweet potatoes and canned tuna would go so well together!
    S: 1/2 apple
    D: Probably a couple more spicy tuna cakes with roasted kale and carrots, either that or a cold salad with smoked salmon and eggs, but I suspect I will want something hot.
    At some point this afternoon a glass of wine will be involved.

I exercised yesterday, so will settle for some mobility/stretching/hamstring work tonight. I will be snowed in tomorrow as well and am putting together a workout I can do at home tomorrow.
    Catrin - It Starts With Food has a recipe for something simliar using canned salmon and sweet potatoes. Delicious! I'll have to try it with tuna...never thought of that!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Catrin - It Starts With Food has a recipe for something simliar using canned salmon and sweet potatoes. Delicious! I'll have to try it with tuna...never thought of that!
    NomNom's spicy tuna cake recipe is here - scroll down. Her recipes are always image heavy, and her cookbook is the same way. I DO have "It Starts With Food", it's been so long since I last looked at it that I had actually forgotten there were recipes...

NomNom has a spicy shrimp recipe as well that I want to try, if I don't make it tomorrow then will do so this coming weekend. Yesterday I braised a large pastured pork shoulder roast, but I do like to have a choice of protein so I don't have to eat the same thing for every meal.

Today:
    B: 2 egg pulled pork/spinach scramble with fermented veggies and coffee
    40ish minute home workout - very thankful for my Jungle Gym and kettlebell in this weather!
    L: 2 spiced tuna cakes, roasted kale. The kale was a bit...over-roasted but I ate it anyway. More like kale charcoal...
    D: pulled pastured pork, small baked sweet potato, 2 dark chocolate squares
    Last edited by Catrin; 01-06-2014 at 04:41 PM.

B: shredded wheat, milk, coffee
    Snack: Granola bar
    L: leftover beef stew
    D: tomato meat sauce, pasta, sprinkle parmesan, salad with spinach, cuc, yellow bellpepper, vinaigrette, 1 glass red wine
    2 orange slices (the candy ones)

B: 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices uncured bacon, 1/4 avocado, strawberries, coffee
    L: salad with spinach, lettuce, tuna, grape tomatoes, fig vinegar, an apple
    D: I made the Nom Nom Paleo chicken with tomato chili salsa. Basically you cook some broccoli florets, dump some left over shredded chicken over it, add guacamole, salsa, and halved grape tomatoes. It was good and filling. glass of red wine
    Another rest day, but my stomach is better. Now, for my allergic eyes to get better. Will exercise no matter what tomorrow.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Today
    Hopefully my last snow day. I decided to allow my shoulder a bit of a protracted rest and took a rest day.Back to usual exercise schedule Thursday.

B: 1 spicy tuna cake, pastured bacon and 1/2 orange

L: Cinnamon beef stew over spinach, half of a small baked sweet potato

D: 2 egg omelet with pulled pork, spinach, the rest of the baked sweet potato and fermented veggies. 2 glasses red wine

Apparently I can't go an entire day without eggs
    Last edited by Catrin; 01-07-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Today
    Hopefully my last snow day. I decided to allow my shoulder a bit of a protracted rest and took a rest day.Back to usual exercise schedule Thursday.

B: 1 spicy tuna cake, pastured bacon and 1/2 orange

L: Cinnamon beef stew over spinach, half of a small baked sweet potato

D: 2 egg omelet with pulled pork, spinach, the rest of the baked sweet potato and fermented veggies. 2 glasses red wine

Apparently I can't go an entire day without eggs
    What sort of fermented veggies do you eat? Do you make them yourself? I want to try kimchee, but I'm afraid I won't like it. (And BF would hate it, I'm sure.)
    Also, what is this spicy tuna cake of which you speak?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    What sort of fermented veggies do you eat? Do you make them yourself? I want to try kimchee, but I'm afraid I won't like it. (And BF would hate it, I'm sure.)
    Also, what is this spicy tuna cake of which you speak?
    Owlie, I posted a link to the spicy tuna cake recipe in post #3390 (5 posts up). It is quite good and also inexpensive. Many of NomNom's recipes do take a fair amount of effort, but they are all great. This one is more simple than many.

I get my fermented veggies from Fermenti Artisan. Sadly they have no website and they do not have an internet side to their business. They've a wide range of fermented veggies, my favorite is the Curtido, which is a variety of veggies with a bit of a spicy kick to it. I think this is a kraut recipe from El Salvador, but it is awesome. They also have a non-spicy version that they call "Garden Kraut". They also offer Kimchee, pickled beets, etc., etc., etc. As their name implies, fermented veggies is all they do! They also are the only place where I will actually buy my lunch if I've forgotten mine, they have great salads with well-sourced ingredients, including the protein.

B: dark, wg seeded toast, butter, coffee
    L: leftover beef stew
    D: brown rice and beans, salsa, sprinkle of cheddar cheese, 1 glass of red wine
    1 piece dark chocolate almond bark

B: egg whites, 2 slices of low salt ham, an orange, coffee
    did an hour and ten minutes of ladder drills on the trainer, plus stretching.
    S: nuts, dried cranberries
    L: 2 left over chicken legs, a cup of black beans and salsa, an apple
    D: I made the Blue Ribbon Country chicken from Well Fed. I had DH do the prep, so I could just finish it and bake when I got home. Very good. 2 squares of dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 1 piece wg bread with cherry jam, coffee
    1/2 grapefruit
    L: leftover chicken, potatoes, peas
    D: homemade chicken, vege soup, 1 glass white wine, piece of toast with fontina cheese

slice of spelt raisin toast with almond butter before boot camp
    B: a cup of chicken breast with low fat melted cheddar and green chil salsa. an orange, coffee
    L: bought some tandori tofu and brown rice yesterday at the natural foods store. yum. an apple.
    S: Lara Bar
    D: salad, sauted salmon with ginger/coconut amino sauce, roasted brussel sprouts, mashed butternut squash, glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: oatmeal, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, milk, coffee
    L: leftover chicken vege soup
    D: went to a thai restaurant had about 1/2 plate of chicken with flat noodles, 1 beer
    dessert: small helping of vanilla pudding at home

piece of wg toast with cherry jam, coffee
    S: 1 banana
    L: bowl of homemade chicken vege soup
    D: 1 piece of fontina cheese toast, 1 glass of wine
    1 small helping of vanilla pudding
    still hungry so I had a bowl of rice chex with milk

B: 2 eggs, over easy, Canadian bacon, an orange, coffee
    one hour of climbing drills on the trainer
    S: nuts, cranberries, chocolate bits
    L: cup of roasted corn soup, tuna salad in 3 romaine leaves
    D: theatre night! Went to a pub, split a pear/goat cheese saladwith DH, had a portobella and tufu burger, and a cup of white bean soup. One beer and half a slice of one of the most decadent chocolate cakes I've had.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura