Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 61 of 252 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

To disable ads, please log-in.

I ate 2 pints of ice cream today.

Seriously hormonal eating.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I'm not laughing at you, Tri Girl, I'm laughing WITH you. That is awesomely crazy

Yesterday I had some incredible moroccan tilapia with raisin + almond couscous. For dessert? Apple tart with bacon-cheddar crust. Dood.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Too much.

B: whole wheat bagel with low fat provolone and 2 slices of Canadian bacon, blueberries, an orange, coffee

3/4 Luna bar and a bottle of water, plus about 1/4 of a bottle of Nuun during/after 22.5 mile ride

left over chicken and soba, edame

dinner out with son and DH: turkey tips, rice, cole slaw, one beer
    doesn't sound like too much - sounds like just right!

B: Rice chex, raspberries, blackberries, 1% milk, coffee
    S: 1 nectarine
    L: bowl of chicken vege soup
    S: 1 raspberry yogurt
    D: spagetti with turkey meatball tomato sauce, and 1 piece garlic bread made with Wg bread, olive oil, garlic, and a little sprinkled parmesan

yesterday.. I'm on serious work related stress overload

slice of whole wheat w/soy nut butter before 20 mile 6 AM ride
    egg white omelette with lox and cream cheese in it, an orange, coffee after ride

chicken and low fat provolone on a deli flat, mustard

iced coffee, nuts and cranberries

salmon with an Asian sauce, brown rice, sauteed pepper and onion
    2 piece dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

yesterday (Wed,)
    bowl of Greek yogurt and blueberries, almonds, with 2 slices of turkey bacon, coffee

string cheese, apple

can of tuna on a bed of lettuce

packet of nuts and cranberries

black beans with bell peppers, onion, mango, in a spicy sauce, over brown rice, glass of red wine, 2 pieces dark chocolate

Going on a 4 day trip to the Berkshires, which involves lots of hilly riding and eating. I think I'll skip posting my meals!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

b: 1 piece of wg toast with butter, rice chex 1% milk, coffee
    L: bowl of chicken vege soup, watermelon
    S: cherries
    D: 1 hamburger made with blue cheese, parmesan and sun dried tomatoes, (no bun); salad with italian dressing
    1 frozen drumstick icecream treat

Crankin, do you ride everyday?? Seems like you do. Are you partially retired? Doesn't your body get tired from riding everyday? I couldn't figure out why I was so tired all the time or why I had no energy at work; I work the dinner shift at a restaurant and run around all night. Then I stopped riding for a week and I was bouncing off the walls with energy. Maybe I need a day job where I can sit? Then I could ride everyday? I just want to ride and ride forever and ever! Have a great Vacation. I'll be on Ragbrai in 2 weeks eating tons of PIE!!!
    "I say, if your knees aren't grass-stained by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life." - Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes)

www.whereinOakland.blogspot.com
    www.kristengentilucci.com

My beautiful blue 1991 Bianchi baby with orange tires
    Mr. Dale of Cannon USA caad 9

B: cheerios, 1% milk, Strawberries, coffee
    S: cherries and 1 banana
    L: spinach salad, no dressing, with chicken breast
    D: 2 fish tacos, rice, beans, 1 margarita

breakfast, lunch and dinner time - Fried Chicken with Mushroom Potato Soup on the side

Quote Originally Posted by aquamoose32 View Post
    Crankin, do you ride everyday?? Seems like you do. Are you partially retired? Doesn't your body get tired from riding everyday? I couldn't figure out why I was so tired all the time or why I had no energy at work; I work the dinner shift at a restaurant and run around all night. Then I stopped riding for a week and I was bouncing off the walls with energy. Maybe I need a day job where I can sit? Then I could ride everyday? I just want to ride and ride forever and ever! Have a great Vacation. I'll be on Ragbrai in 2 weeks eating tons of PIE!!!
    In looking at your posts in this thread, I have to say I've been struck by how little you often eat and, in particular, how little protein you eat. Have you considered the possibility that your diet might explain your fatigue? I know that's a pretty loaded subject, and it certainly was for me at one time. I'd just encourage you to fuel your body sufficiently and worry less about the scale. Oh, and drink a lot of water.
    Last edited by indysteel; 07-09-2011 at 04:02 AM.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

1 Peach
    1 Banana
    1 bowl of chicken vegetable soup
    strawberries
    1 large piece of milk chocolate
    spagetti pasta with sauteed onions, zucchini, rainbow chard, tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley and shredded parmesan, 1 glass of beer
    1 frozen drumstick ice cream treat

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Hmm...it's free pancake breakfasts all over the city these next few days --in celebration of the Calgary Stampede. So...

B
    cornflakes with fresh strawberries and skim milk
    tea with skim milk

Lunch/Snack/I dunno at a free breakfast sight with others wearing cowboy hats:
    2 small nice pancakes with small amount of maple syrup
    3 small sausages
    brown beans on side
    coffee with milk

2 mini gourmet cream puffs, 1 with beer flavoured cream (it was nice) and one with pistachio flavoured cream

Dinner will be:
    Stir fried bok choy with red peppers, onions, garlic and noodles
    Several cups of tea through the day

Several plums and some blueberries
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by aquamoose32 View Post
    Aquamoose, I don't want to seem like we're jumping on you, but I can tell you that I'd probably starve (or be very cranky) on what you eat.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I have to say for certain, any restaurant job where one is standing on their feet for an evening or day shift, does require burning off enough calories.

Watching servers run around in a moderately busy restaurant, I know that I couldn't have a job like that for a decade without burning out abit. Maybe that explains why my father could eat a large plate of rice with other stuff for dinner..for several decades of his life. He was full-time restaurant cook for over 5 decades of his life. And never overweight, actually abit underweight.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 07-09-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.