Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 251 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

b'fast A bowl of miso soup with tofu and scallions with left over rice.

Few pieces of "green & black" chocolate with almonds.

A small cup of frozen yogurt, strawberry flavor and double dutch chocolate.
    Finished off the OJ in a carton of what little was in there.

nibbled on few thin slices of kalamata olive bread with smoked gouda. Each slice was like a silver dollar medallion size.

nibbling on smoked albacore tuna. It was a huge club a while ago...

half a peach and half a asian pear

hmm just been grazing. Working on a computer creating a web page for our cat rescue group. Just have to add hooks into MySQL and add a few forms here and there.

time to raid the fridge again. Stress eating...
    Last edited by administrator; 09-29-2009 at 10:45 AM.

My weight was down again yesterday and I seriously took it as permission to eat a lot. Good thing, because yesterday was Rosh Hashanah, which started by DH making raisin challah french toast, of which I ate 3 pieces, with 2 pieces of turkey bacon, oj (4oz) and coffee. Then the fun began. After services, we went to a friend's for lunch. I had: 4 slices of turkey breast, rolled up with 2 pieces of provolone cheese (not low fat). 2 potato knishes (little ones), a small slice of challah with a little bit of chopped liver on it, fruit salad, a small piece of noodle pudding with no cheese in it, and a rugelah with 2 cups of coffee.
    And I was hungry when I got home, so at around 7:30, DH made proscuitto and mozzarella paninis.
    Today we went for a hard 30 mile ride in CT. Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs, a whole wheat bagel with low fat cream cheese and lox, and tea. I ate a Luna bar as rode for the first 15 miles and drank a bottle of Accelerade. Lunch was a soy nut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat, followed by 6 apricots. I drank another half of a bottle of Accelerade and some plain water for the second half of the ride. After the ride we stopped at a cafe where I had a raspberry and chocolate chip scone and a mint iced tea.
    Dinner was way too much Chinese food: 3 little scallion pancakes (fried), 2 Peking beef rolled up pancakes, a little curry cicken, and brown rice.

I am stuffed.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Due to visiting a good friend in a rural area while in Ontario, I haven't been cycling for past 3 days. Great meals though...

Yesterday at 8:30 am cooked/served by friend:
    b- 3 small slices of peameal bacon, orange juice, 2 c. of tea with skim milk, scrambled eggs and leftover peach cobbler from yesterday.

snack on train of fruit bar and coffee

lunch/supper/I don't know- @ 3:00pm prepared by my mother after I buzzed back into Toronto before flying home to Vancouver:

white rice with homemade fresh tomato sauce and slices of chicken breast (I don't get picky ..when I hardly see mother ..for her to buy brown rice for me...it'll just sit around wasted at their home unused later.)

airport: blueberry muffin, coffee with milk

aircraft ride: juice, coffee

Messed up my meal/food intake due to 3-hr. time zone changes, hence have not eaten for past 16 hrs.

My bike ride today...is filling our empty refrigerator!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

B: Sausage, egg, and veggie skillet (leftover from camping)
    S: almonds
    L: Lots of cooked veggies (lightly seasoned), string cheese

(plan for the rest of the day)
    S: Apple slices and PB
    D: Protein Shake (made with banana and soy milk)
    S: 2 cups popcorn, 1 piece dark chocolate
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

ehm... what is string cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by papaver View Post
    ehm... what is string cheese?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_cheese
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

never heard of it. I like mozarella though...

B: Kashi 7 grain flakes with a sliced banana on top and soy milk, with a cup of tea

L: Tabouli salad, fresh veggies

S: 3 Matt's chocolate chip cookies. D'OH!

D: Green beans and red potatoes with mixed greens on the side. And an apple donut from the orchard store for desert.
    Last edited by Pax; 09-21-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papaver View Post
    never heard of it. I like mozarella though...
    I'm on a shabby diet right now.
    This morning... two slices of white bread with Jacques Matinettes

http://lieludalis.wordpress.com/2008...for-breakfast/

Some fresh grapes as a snack

Noon: 2 slices of brown bread with ham

Evening: Grilled veal, fresh beans, peas and carrots and potatoes.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    shabby diet, me too today
    english muffin (whole wheat) with fruit spread
    tea with milk and stevia
    cheerios with banana and milk and stevia

ramen noodles (I know, I know, it's horrible!!)
    some chocolate chips

3 big glasses of water so far.

I'll be better for dinner, promise!

Tulip - You're the first person I've "met" who uses stevia! I want to try it out but can't figure out what to buy...any tips??

I haven't run in a week and only cycled once. (planned break from training) I feel gross. Perhaps it has to do with eating 2 hot dogs, 1 cheesburger and fries, 2 Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars (dark chocolate), 1 creme brulee, 1 margarita and 2 glasses of wine, and oh, beer after my century. Mind you this has been eaten over a week, but my stomach is protesting big time..too bad stomach and mouth cannot agree! And the cheesburger and fries were from McDonald's (gasp) - then I saw this video about a woman carrying around a cheesburger and fries from McDonald's for many years (no mold, barely any decomposition)- I'll have to find it and post it....

Think I'll make rice and beans for dinner...

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Saturday:

B: Eggs scrambled with peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, zucchini, scallions & cheddar. Cantaloupe.
    S: Vegan scone & soy latte from Peet's coffee
    L & D (3pm, so it served as both): assorted sashimi, rice, agedashi tofu, saba shioyaki (grilled salted mackeral), miso soup.
    Waaaaay too much food at this meal, considering the only thing that got exercised was my credit card while shopping for a new dress for a special occasion.

Sunday:
    B: 10 grain hot cereal. Cantaloupe.
    S: 1/2 fruit/nut bar
    Ride food (35 mile bike ride): Clif Bar
    Lunch: An enormous meat, cheese & veggie calzone. It was enough for 2 people, but I ate it all nonetheless. I felt a little sick after. You ever have one of those meals when you *know* you should stop, but you just can't help yourself? That was this meal.
    D: A whole lotta grapes picked fresh from the vine. I ate them as I picked them.
    Before bed snack - Blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Boy oh boy, was this the capper to a total food day disaster, or what?! The blackberries were *also* fresh picked, and Jeff simply had to make cobbler. I have no willpower around Jeff's homemade cobblers!!

Today:
    Pre-run fuel: yogurt
    Run fuel (12 miles, 2hr 10min) - 3 Gu Roctane
    B: Apple Cinnamon hot cereal. Grapes. Pear.
    S: Plain nonfat yogurt with 1 tsp jam. Coffee with chocolate soy milk.
    L: Flatout wrap with 2 oz. turkey
    Planned afternoon snack: Pear
    Planned dinner: Tofu with sauteed Swiss Chard. Steamed broccoli & cauliflower. Green salad.

After the weekend of overeating I just had, today is shaping up much better!

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post

After the weekend of overeating I just had, today is shaping up much better!
    I'm such a bad influence!

OK, for me today:
    B: french toast (whole grain organic bread, 1.5 fresh eggs, a little goats milk, sugar free syrup)
    S: coffee w/ goats milk & handful (15) of pretzel nuggets
    L: left over veggie pizza and a small bowl of blackberries
    S: grapes, most likely
    D: grilled salmon, roasted beets, baked acorn squash & steamed broccoli
    S: probably a zucchini muffin (assuming I get around to baking them like I hope)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I'm such a bad influence!
    No you're not. Without your influence, I wouldn't have that pretty new dress! Besides, I'm a firm believer we have to take responsiblity for our own eating habits. I know I control my own destiny. The only person making me overeat was me.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    roasted beets
    Ooh, now *there's* a good idea! Fresh from your garden to my plate. Seems to be a recurring theme of the past couple of weeks!

BTW - I have 6 or 8 more jars of that plum jam in my freezer. I read you're out. Remind me to bring you another jar next week.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592