Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 252 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday I had...
    breakfast: oatmeal with dried peaches and less than a teaspoon of honey

snack: about 1/2 a Luna bar

lunch: green salad with some chicken and marinated artichoke hearts, apple
    (10.5 mile ride before dinner)

dinner: leftover vegetable beef soup with pasta stars, 2 corn tortillas with low fat cheese, salsa and an ounce of chicken.

snack: skinny cow ice cream sandwich and a handful of pretzels, banana chips and cat
    That comes out to about 18 points on weightwatchers.... or around 900-1000 calories. I'm hungry and on a plateau again :-(

Quote Originally Posted by katluvr View Post
    GLC1968---you make me feel much better!
    Oh good!

I didn't want anyone to think that we are all healthy eaters all the time, right?!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    This is abit wrong for me today so far. Really, I ate as if it has been for a 75 kms. bike ride...instead of a 28 kms. windy but sunny bike ride today.

B- cereal with skim milk. Ciabatta bun with goat cheese. Tea with skim milk
    L- Biked over to the market. peameal bacon sandwich with headache-inducing horseradish mustard. Dearie me, I had forgotten this mind-blowing condiment. Haven't had this formerly favourite sandwich in past 2 yrs. More meat than I can recall. Oh well, at least it's lean. Coffee with milk.

Back at hostess' home for a fresh prune plum and tea with skim milk. Told my sis we could split-share the skinny puff pastry twist with raspberry filling from the market later on. Poor kid (she's struggling with a sudden back ache and her 18 month active daughter). I'm glad I bought the fresh peaches for her family.

S- don't know. But a restaurant meal with a friend at a restaurant where culinary students run the show and serve their concoctions. Will be walking and taking subway instead of cycling. Walking will be about half hr. in total. Very pleasant.

This is not a model diet. Just a visitor's diet. Most likely will near the 3,000 calorie mark by end of today.

I probably won't be seeing my family and friends for the next few years. So gotta make choices and slip in cycling when I can here and there.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 09-16-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post

Yesterday - all of it was purchased
    Today - almost all of it was home made or home grown

How's that for contrast?
    Yesterday I went to the Co-Op with the intent of buying a pre-made (somewhat) healthy dinner. Once I got there I stopped and thought "a nice made from scratch dinner won't be that hard", so I picked up salad fixings/portobellos/and cheese instead. Ended up having a lovely salad with grilled portobellos on top, it was soooo much better than even decent pre-packaged food.

I think I probably eat around 1800-2400 calories a day, except of course, if I am going out to eat..
    Yesterday I had:
    B: half a cup V8, egg whites (2) and grated cheese, and about a cup of whole grain organic cereal w/skim milk, tea
    snack: low fat string cheese
    L: low salt ham (2 slices) and low fat provolone cheese sandwich on a whole wheat roll with Dijon mustard, a teeny scoop of pasta/veggie salad (I was at a picnic at my internship, where the clients made lunch, which I mostly did not eat), and an apple
    snack: at 4 Pm before my class, I had a handful of walnuts and dried cranberries. At 5:15 during the break, I ate a Luna bar because dinner would be late)
    D: turkey burger,mixed with panko bread crumbs, on a ww roll, tomato, avocado slices, and low fat provolone, onions. about a half cup of cole slaw, my usual 2 small pieces of dark chocolate from Trader Joe's.
    I drink water all day long and with my meals.

Today, so far, I've had:
    B: about a cup of low fat cottage cheese, mixed with fresh strawberries, almonds, and dried cranberries, a slice of whole wheat toast, with about a teaspoon of soy nut butter on it, V8, tea
    snack: a Luna Bar (chocolate) before going on a 22 mile ride, low fat string cheese
    L: salad with romaine lettuce from nearby farm and grape tomatoes from same farm, topped with tuna packed in olive oil, a sprinkle of romano cheese, and red peppers, with wine vinegar on it, plus about a cup and a quarter of acorn squash soup, water

tonight's dinner will be portobella/cheese enchiladas in whole wheat tortillas and black beans

Today:

B
    fried egg sandwich with gluten free bread.
    small bowl of oatmeal
    coffee
    (I like big breakfasts)

Snack
    12 almonds

L
    Protein shake (I added 1/2 frzn banana and 1 tsp PB)

Snack
    2 cups popcorn

D
    Chicken and broccoli stirfry made with tamari and quinoa
    (leftovers from yesterday)
    1 piece Dark chocolate

I will probably do a 30 min strength training workout followed by 20 minutes on the stationary bike before dinner.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Today did not start out well-- meetings always bring all manner of goodies.

After swimming 45 minutes this morning, I ate:

2 plums
    a bite of cheesecake (there were cheesecake bites at the meeting )
    a reeses peanut butter cup
    2 rolls with jam

This was all over the course of the morning-- all of it food provided at meetings.

Lunch:
    Kielbasa dog without a bun with sauerkraut
    green bell pepper stuffed with bulgur

Dinner:
    Cilantro lime chicken burger (not as good as I hoped... too much red bell pepper)
    a bunch of brussels sprouts steamed yummm

overall it all balanced out I think.
    Last edited by Reesha; 09-16-2009 at 03:21 PM.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

I wasn't going to play because DH isn't home and I just can't be bothered to cook for one. But I never measure what I eat and I was too curious not to join in. So here goes. Not that I'll probably get around to adding everything up.

Breakfast - this at least is pretty normal, I NEVER cook breakfast except to nuke some hot cereal when it gets cold outside.

2/3 c blueberries (frozen, from a U-Pick not too far from here)
    2 tbsp walnuts
    1/2 c oat O's cereal
    1/2 c hemp milk (probably 1/3 c would've been more like my usual portion, but I was measuring into a 1/2 c measure just to see )

Sen cha green tea x 3 - 12 oz mugs

3/4 c mixed vegetable soup (leftover)

1 can Amy's lentil veg soup (which I definitely wouldn't have eaten if DH was home, but there probably would've been more leftovers too)

Went to the buffet restaurant for dinner:
    1/3 c mashed potatoes
    1/2 c baby limas
    1/2 c cooked spinach
    Medium portion of baked fish (maybe 5 oz)
    3" crab cake
    3 brussels sprouts
    1 fried shrimp
    1 deviled egg (1/2 an egg)
    1/4 c peas
    2" square peach cobbler
    1" x 1.5" x .25" peanut butter brownie (it was so small compared to what I usually think of as a "brownie" I had to be specific )

Water (not enough... a little over 1 liter so far today)

Odds are I'll have a late-night snack before it's over; I got some delicious grapes and plums from the farmer's market.
    Edit: yep. Two plums and a handful of Canadice grapes, yum.

Today was a running day. On cycling days I usually eat more.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 09-17-2009 at 04:06 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Ok, Oak this was my restaurant supper this evening ...an addendum to my earlier post today. At a restaurant to help train culinary and hospitality students at a college:

a cherry tomato amusee bouche with some sort of cheese filling
    appetizer: smoke salmon over curried pancake with cilantro yogurt sauce
    pear-ginger juice drink
    grilled trout with tomato, pine nuts and herbs over a sort of broccoli (looks close to Chinese gai lan, but not quite)
    ginger peach crumble with cardamon spiced topping (artfully served in a little tartlet shape instead of usual jumbly mess)

Menu is not overly fattening,but methinks whole day added up to alot.
    All students dressed in their serving whites, etc.
    I'm happy above all, to have caught up with good ole friend on news.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Hm...probably a bit off, but here goes:
    Yesterday:
    B: Bowl of cereal with 1% milk.
    L: don't remember. I think there was an apple involved.
    D: spaghetti tossed with Italian sausage, chunks of tomato, onion, garlic, parsley and olive oil and a salad.
    There were a couple cups of tea involved here, too.

B--skipped it. I was late to class anyway. :|
    L--free pizza (sausage) and a can of Coke.
    Snack-- pumpkin spice frappucino from the Starbucks on campus.
    D--leftover spaghetti from last night.
    Snack--chai with milk and sugar and a bowl of cereal.

yesterday:

breakfast: 3 eggo nutri-grain waffles with margarine and light pancake syrup, plus tea with sugar.

lunch: tuna salad, avocado, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato on spinach wrap with diet coke

dinner: barilla spinach and cheese tortellini (1 cup) topped with margarine and shaved parmesan cheese

Also had some wheat thins before dinner and another diet coke with dinner. Usually I have orange juice with dinner but I was in a bad mood so I splurged with a soda.

today:

same breakfast.

lunch: muenster cheese on rye with tomato and russian dressing, plus a pickle.

dinner: 1/2 a cheese Tombstone pizza

Also more wheat thins before dinner. I don't usually snack like that but I expect it will continue until I finish the damn box (1-2 more days). And I had a couple of orange sticks (chocolate filled with orange jelly).

Tomorrow I will have the same breakfast, because it's what I always eat, unless I'm doing a long bike ride in which case I increase it to 4 waffles, or if I'm at my parents' house and it's Sunday, because then my mother will make breakfast for us. In summer I put fresh blueberries on the waffles.

For lunch tomorrow I'll probably go to Noodles & Co., in which case I'll have whole grain linguini with either mushroom stroganoff sauce and extra mushrooms or with a tomato cream sauce with mushrooms, tomatoes and extra spinach.

And lots of diet coke. It's my addiction.

p.s. grapes are on sale this week so my snack for the next week will be grapes.

This morning I went downstairs at 6 AM, to find 2 freshly made waffles waiting for me. I added 2 pieces of turkey bacon and a sliced peach from the farm stand, and coffee.
    Oh oh. Writing this down made me remember that I forgot to take my calcium, and drink my V8. I guess the waffles startled me so much, I forgot my normal routine.
    I wish I could have ridden to my internship today. I was jealous when DH rode off, even though it's 49 F out right now. I will ride (a very short ride) when I get home.

Oy, I started my day off in the wrong way again...but I was late so I skipped making my own breakfast (I need to stop this).

B: cinnamon chip scone, coffee w skim milk
    S: none
    L: 1 slice leftvover veggie pizza, 2 cups frozen veggies
    S: none
    D: not sure...probably leftover portuguese kale soup with french bread and a salad.

No snacking for me today since I'll be on the test floor or in the lab all day and no food or drink is allowed. I have to remind myself at least once an hour to go get a drink of water at least or I'll be terribly dehydrated by the end of the day, too.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I really need to stop reading this thread. Everytime I read a post, I get hungry. Some of the meals that you are eating sound sooo good. Question though - does anyone on TE ever have a glass of wine or bottle of beer in the evening to unwind? Or am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by pfunk12 View Post
    I really need to stop reading this thread. Everytime I read a post, I get hungry. Some of the meals that you are eating sound sooo good. Question though - does anyone on TE ever have a glass of wine or bottle of beer in the evening to unwind? Or am I the only one?
    You are not alone, believe me.