Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 245 of 252 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3766

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ate half a slice of raisin spelt bread with almond butter before boot camp. Drank copious amounts of water while there; hot/humid in the gym, despite AC in the room.
    B: one blueberry waffle with walnuts/dried cranberries and scrambled eggs. strawberries, coffee
    L: another Korean rice bowl, with quinoa, smoked salmon, spinach, egg whites, chili sauce
    S: Basque cheese with whole wheat pita rounds, glass of rosé
    D: veggie sandwich made with ground hazelnuts, mayo, artichoke hearts, avocado, lettuce, lemon, on sprouted spelt bread. broccoli slaw
    Last edited by Crankin; 07-04-2014 at 04:17 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Let's not say too much about yesterday...after having lunch with my co-workers at an Indian restaurant, then I went to a cook-out at a friends house for the holiday...let's just say that I ate far too much. I actually didn't eat anything I wouldn't ordinarily, the problem was the amount. There was a small amount of ice cream involved, but no more than I would normally eat - I allow myself ice cream twice a month, so that was my holiday portion :-)

Today

Full rest day since I've a kettlebell competition tomorrow morning - it is going to be a long endurance based event and will be a blasty for sure! My goal is to finish... Part of me wants to go into my back room and "practice" with my kettlebells, but I need to be fresh in the morning. I won't improve any more before tomorrow and do not need to show up fatigued.

B: Still full from yesterday so all I had was coffee
    S: Banana with a tbls of home-made almond butter
    L: Roasted chicken and sauteed veggies, 2 squares dark chocolate
    D: Moroccan meatballs, greens, and rutabaga/carrot mash

Resisting a beer, but I won't sleep well if I drink it - reserving it for tomorrow afternoon once the workout is behind me. It will be hard enough to get a good night's sleep tonight with all of the fireworks and related noise. It would be interesting to hear if I am the only one who has problems sleeping if I drink even one beer. If I drink it before 5 pm then it isn't so noticeable.
    Last edited by Catrin; 07-04-2014 at 01:28 PM.

B: egg white omelette with goat cheese, lox. small amount of the left over quinoa, blueberries, coffee
    I went for an 18 mile ride in some of the worst humidity I've ever ridden in. Had half a Lara Bar before, bottle of water with Nuun during, and finished the Lara bar after.
    L: chicken salad with walnuts, dried cranberries, mayo/plain yogurt, on butter lettuce leaves.
    D: turkey burger, no bun, on tomatoes, sautéed sweet potatoes, home made broccoli slaw. going to have some chocolate chocolate chip gelato, bought to speed up DH's healing process, of course. Seriously, this is the worst 4th of July ever. All of my friends are away and the rain from the hurricane started 2 minutes after I arrived home from my ride. It's not too bad here, still raining, but not flooding like it is near the ocean.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: eggs, scrambled with avocado, goat cheese, 2 turkey sausages, fruit salad, coffee
    L: I had half a chicken sandwich on whole wheat spelt bread, before a hard, hot, hilly 36 mile ride. It wasn't quite time to eat, but I needed to, before I left.
    S: Had 2 Shot Blocks and one bottle of Skratch during the ride, another slice of above bread with hummus, when I came back
    D: I've been cooking way too much, even though I love to cook, since DH's accident. We got take out Chinese last night. I have Chinese food about twice a year, as compared to the past, when I had it once or twice a week. I had 3 slices of scallion pancake, and a reasonable amount of scallops with veggies and chicken with spicy Hunan sauce/veggies, brown rice.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Saturday

Kettlebell Pentathlon Day!
    Dratted fireworks kept me up far too late Friday night, but what are you going to do?

B: eggs scrambled with greens, steamed rutabaga and carrots, coffee with cream
    1 hour "competition" - though not really, it is complicated
    I did better than I had hoped, and I FINISHED the event and that is what matters, even if the last minute was UGLY - but I finished!
    Followed with protein shake

L: Big salad with Moroccan meatballs, banana
    D: Grass-fed burger (lettuce wrap), with tomato and fermented pickles, 1 glass red wine, 2 squares dark chocolate for dessert

Sunday

I had planned on going for a nice long brisk walk today, but my LEGS are tired after yesterday's efforts - far more than my arms :-) Rest day today, planning on some mobility and joint work tonight, along with some core/glute activation work I do every day. Considering the size of the pastured pork shoulder picnic roast I scored for a very reasonable price, it braised in the oven overnight.

B: eggs/greens scramble, fermented veggies, coffee with cream
    L: kind of a mix at church coffee hour - cheese, strawberries, carrots, Paleo blueberry muffin (I brought, made with coconut & almond 'flour'), coffee
    S: banana with some home-made almond butter
    D: Planning on some lettuce-boat pulled pork and sauteed veggies, and will use some home-made Walnut/garlic mayo for the dressing that I still have to make. Perhaps a glass of wine, we will see how late it is.

Fireworks are STILL going off, hopefully they have to go to work early tomorrow morning and will have it out of their system by bedtime.
    Last edited by Catrin; 07-06-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Yeah, we had about 1 hour of fireworks on Saturday night, from the next town. The celebration was postponed because of the hurricane. Usually, we watch from our deck, but I was snug in my bed!
    B: whole wheat bagel, light veggie cream cheese, lox, tomato, bowl of blueberries, strawberries, orange slices
    L: salad with romaine, left over veggie sandwich filling (ground hazelnuts, artichoke hearts), avocado, chicken, grape tomatoes, quinoa. an orange
    3 mile walk
    S: a little bit of some artisinal cheese I bought at the natural foods store, whole wheat pita rounds, glass of rosé
    D: chicken thighs with a sauce made of cherry juice, sake, raisins. whole wheat orzo, roasted broccoli. 2 squares dark chocolate
    Went a little heavy on the carbs this weekend, but I felt like I needed it. I was wiped out by my ride on Saturday.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

banana before boot camp
    B: 5 small slices of lox, rolled up with the light veggie cream cheese. cup of mixed whole grain cereal (quinoa and a few others I can't pronounce!) with 2% milk. I had to dump out my almond milk. It was spoiled. I need to drink more of it. Blueberries on top of the cereal.
    L: 2 left over boneless chicken thighs from last night (reallysmall), half a sweet potato, an apple
    S: slice of cheese, glass of rosé when I got home. I had to wait awhile to make dinner, there were tornado warnings, so went down to the family room/lower level of the house. No damage here, but lots of stuff uprooted on the other side of town. Glad I didn't commute .
    D: one spicy tuna burger patty, salad, sliced pineapple
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yesterday:

B: 4 crepes with about a cup (probably a bit more) of sliced strawberries, a handful of raspberries, a smidge of lemon curd, and 2 cups of coffee with milk and sugar.
    S: Nectarine
    L: Salad: lettuce, radish, a quarter of an avocado, a few grape tomatoes, cheese, chicken, and a bit of chipotle ranch dressing
    D: Roast chicken breast, some frozen spelt risotto from Trader Joe's (it has turnip greens, zucchini, and pumpkin in it--the zucchini didn't quite go (too watery) but it wasn't bad otherwise, and even BF (who hates this sort of thing) ate it!), and asparagus

Today:
    B: A bagel (well, part of a bagel, since the toaster went all crazy and carbonized parts of it!), coffee with half-and-half and sugar
    L: A chicken leg, tabbouleh, pickled veggies (time to do another jar, I think!), and cherries. Nowhere near enough, as I ate at 1 and was hungry by about 3.
    S: Tea, 2 gingersnaps, a small handful of chips
    D: Chicken over greens, cherries
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Yesterday:

B: eggs, bacon, baby greens, coffee
    S: small banana

1 hour KB training session - very different workout this time as I was still recovering from the Pentathlon on Saturday. I THOUGHT my shoulders had fully recovered, but my coach already knew they were still fatigued so we focused on a different kind of workout. Back to volume building tomorrow and a start to a new phase of my training! I remain impressed that he seems to know how I am feeling even before I do! Well, that is why I pay him, can't beat almost 40 years of experience!
    Workout followed with protein shake

L: Homemade pastured pulled pork and some of my "sweet and salty broccoli salad".
    D: Bone broth with veggies, more pulled pork, and two egg whites left over from making mayo, cantaloupe as a starter

Today
    B: Baby greens sauteed with pulled pork, coffee
    L: roasted chicken with sweet and salty broccoli salad
    S: planning on a small apple
    D: Probably some roasted rutabaga/carrots/broccoli with either roasted chicken or pulled pork.
    Last edited by Catrin; 07-08-2014 at 08:04 AM.

rest day
    B: left over tuna "burger" patty, half a sweet potato, blueberries, coffee
    L: chef's salad, an apple
    S: 2slices Basque cheese, whole wheat pita rounds
    D: grilled scallops "tostadas" (corn tortillas, toasted) with home made salsa and black beans, sliced mango. 2 squares white chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 2 scrambled eggs, spelt toast, 2 chicken sausages, blueberries, coffee
    I ate half a banana befor leaving on a 42 mile hot ride. Ate one Shot Block and drank a bottle of Skratch during the ride. Had an ice coffee 7 miles from the end
    L: left over quinoa pasta and veggies, whole wheat pita crackers and hummus
    S: glass of white wine, 2 crackers and some cheese we got as a gift
    D: pan seared tuna, quinoa, sautéed red pepper and mushrooms, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

slice of spelt bread with almond butter before boot camp
    I did not feel well at all in boot camp; stomach, kind of dizzy, but I stayed.
    B: rice bowl with quinoa, lox, avocado, 2 eggs. blueberries, coffee
    L: salad with fresh tuna. I couldn't finish it. an apple
    S: half a whole wheat bagel and light veggie cream cheese
    D: taco salad made with veggie crumbles, low salt taco seasoning, lettuce, salsa, avocado, tomato, sprinkle of cheddar jack, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Rest day today, at least as much as I ever take.

B: eggs scrambled with veggies, bacon, coffee
    L: roast chicken, small sweet potato, tomato, more coffee
    D: grass-fed hamburger with assorted green veggies, 2 squares dark chocolate for dessert

Just did some joint mobility work after dinner, with some shoulder joint strength building work that my coach has me do on "off" days.

Crankin - I keep meaning to try a version of your quinoa rice bowl for brekkie - do you find that you prefer red or white quinoa for that purpose? Since I found that my rice cooker does a nice job with quinoa, it actually gets used again these days :-)

Right now I have red quinoa, but I think I like the white better.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Thanks Crankin, I will try that out. While I am no longer avoiding eggs for breakfast I am trying to mix things up. I do need good Paleo/Primal carbs and quinoa is one of those. I tend to eat the same things all the time! I do find red quinoa to be more strongly flavored than white.

Yesterday:

Scrambled eggs over lots of cruciferous vegetables, coffee with cream
    Milestone, and very challenging, competition kettlebell training, followed by protein shake
    L: Mixed greens salad with roasted chicken, a bit of left over chicken sausage, pecans, raisins, other veggies that I don't remember, and homemade garlic mayo for dressing
    D: pulled pork lettuce boats with a bit of mustard, and 15 Terra Sea Salt non-GMO vegetable chips - (about the only brand of vegetable "chips" I will consider, and a rare treat when it happens)