Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 241 of 252 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 3767
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

Best of luck, Catrin.

Today:
    B: cornflakes with fresh cut pineapple slices, large dollop of plain yogurt, a few raspberries and skim milk. Tea with skim milk.
    Snack: small carton of chocolate milk (today was a huge street festival over 10,000 people..and there was a promo milkomobile van..), later a fresh soft pretzel and coffee with milk.
    Snack: yogurt with pineapple at home, tea with skim milk
    Dinner: black squid ink pasta stir fried with asparagus, red pepper, onion, garlic ...I couldn't taste squid taste...which meant I overpaid for the dry pasta from an Italian supermarket. A slice of fresh cantaloupe. Tea with milk.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I won't even try to describe what I ate over my weekend in NYC. We walked for miles and did a 7 mile bike tour, but I still gained 3 pounds. One pound is already gone.
    yesterday:
    B: egg whites, spinach, salsa, an orange, coffee
    L: tuna, walnuts, cranberries in 2 butter lettuce leaves, an apple
    2.3 mile hill walk
    S: a couple of pita chips and hummus, Machengo cheese
    D: one chicken thigh with mango salsa, quinoa, roasted Brussel sprouts. glass of white wine. small scoop of ice cream
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

half a banana before a 13.5 mile ride at 5:15 AM. This ride included the 2 biggest hills in town (the other one, besides my street is not as steep, but at 5:30 AM, still felt pretty bad!).
    B: A breakfast Korean rice bowl, made with 2 eggs, quinoa, 1/4 avocado, lox, kale, and chili sauce. blueberries and strawberries, coffee
    L: chicken salad with walnuts/cranberries in 2 butter lettuce leaves, an apple
    S: slice of spelt raisin bread and almond butter, decaf
    D: left over veggie curry and quinoa, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin, I like your the sounds of your 'rice' bowl, thanks for the idea!

Also, if you are out climbing steep big hills at 5:30 am, well, you rock!

I think I saw the idea for the rice bowl in Cooking Light. I realized I almost always have all of those ingredients on hand. I actually like it better when I sub spinach for the kale. I like kale in soups, omelettes, etc., but I don't like the texture so much by itself.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I think I saw the idea for the rice bowl in Cooking Light. I realized I almost always have all of those ingredients on hand. I actually like it better when I sub spinach for the kale. I like kale in soups, omelettes, etc., but I don't like the texture so much by itself.
    It's a good mix, and I will eat quinoa. I agree that kale does better in things like soups OR ROASTED Ok, I love roasted veggies, period but there is just something about roasted crispy yummy Lacinto kale. Kale does have slightly higher carbs than spinach, but not much. I try to mix my greens since I eat so much of them.

I've "officially" started my month long experiment with intermittent fasting and sugar detox. Nothing extreme, just trying to get my body's attention while still having the energy to maintain my activity level.

B: shredded chicken on a corn tortilla with melted jack cheese, salsa. bowl of blueberries with half a banana, coffee
    went to a step and sculpt class. I am always wiped after this, mostly because of the heat in the room and my sweating, so I put Nuun in my bottle and it really helped. I also ate a couple of dried apricots and pecans before class
    L: ate the other half of the banana when I got home (did some errands, too), then a salad with tuna in oil, left over roasted Brussel sprouts, red pepper, romaine. an apple with a little cashew butter
    S: herbal tea, slice of spelt bread
    D: Thai chicken soup. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: egg whites, kale, lox, 1/4 avocado, an orange, coffee
    L: chicken thigh (really small), roasted Brussel sprouts, an apple
    I had plenty of time to ride when I got home and it's nice out, but I am exhausted form not really sleeping well last night and the class I took yesterday. I sat and read!
    S: slice of Machengo
    D: glass of red wine, spicy pork enchiladas on corn tortillas and refried black beans. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: plain non fat Greek yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, dried cranberries. Slice of spelt bread with almond butter, coffee
    L: chicken salad with chopped apple, almonds. 4 dried apricots
    S: ate a Lara Bar after a 19 mile ride
    D: glass of red wine, salmon sautéd with Veracruz sauce (tomato, onion, pepper, jalepeño, capers), spinach with a teeny bit of left over quinoa. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: whole wheat bagel, light cream cheese, lox,c apers, bowl of blueberries, strawberries, orange. coffee
    L: tuna salad with veggies, balsamic vinegar, an apple
    15 mile ride
    S: banana
    D: went out with friends, had a Mojito (unusual for me), and a glass of red wine, some pita chips, and a slice of bread, shared 3 Arancini with DH, had a hangar steak, ate about 5 oz of the 10 oz. steak, whipped parsnips, asparagus, and shared a scoop of ice cream. I realized I hadn't had steak since the end of February, when I stopped eating Paleo. I don't miss it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Well, my IF experiment ended rather quickly. I was experimenting with limiting my meals to an 8 hour window, still maintaining the same calorie and nutritional goals. This DOES work for many, specially in dropping body fat %, but IF (intermittent fasting) does tend to work better for men than for women, though I do know some women for whom this has worked well. I immediately gained 3 pounds, FOR ME I don't think my body quite knew what to do the change and I am not about to let that trend continue nor am I going to drop my calorie targets, not with my activity level. My training volume is starting to go up as I look ahead to competing, or at least establishing my rank, in late winter.

Today:
    B: usual breakfast egg/meat/veggie casserole, bit of baked sweet potato, 2 slices fresh side, coffee
    ~90 minute solo conditioning workout that featured Romanian deadlifts, a sled 3/4th mile, and some technique practice with the KB single arm jerk (video here if you would like to see what that is, I will NEVER be in their class but they are fun to watch ) Green KB = 53 lbs, Purple KB = 40 lbs. Followed my session with protein shake
    L: (coffee hour at church) a couple of meatballs, small amount of mashed 'taters and small amount of coleslaw
    S: coffee with REAL cream :-)
    D: Will likely be medium sized salad with veggies, a bit of roast chicken, and fermented veggies
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-01-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Glad you're back to posting, Catrin. I was feeling lonely here! I guess now you know about the fasting.
    B: 2 eggs scrambled with green chili, slice of spelt raisin bread, 2 turkey apple sausages, coffee
    Went for a 46.7 mile ride with 2,400 ft. of climbing. I ate 2 shot blocks on the way to our lunch stop (at exactly 25 miles) and a bottle of Skratch Lab lemon lime, water.
    L: chicken, mayo, tomato, lettuce on a whole wheat wrap, some baked tomato chips, bottle of water.
    On the ride home, I had another bottle of Skratch Lab and half a bottle of water.
    S: half a banana when I got home, later a glass of rosé, sitting on the patio!
    D: burger made of brown rice, chili powder, whole wheat bread crumbs, cheddar, roasted broccoli, salad with oil and vinegar. 2 squares dark chocolate
    I feel like I kind of have my nutrition under control for longer, hilly, hot rides. I stopped worrying about the temporary weight gain. My weight has gone down and stabilized since the winter, and i am still losing. If I go up a bit on the weekend, it's OK.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

handful of nuts and 2 dried apricots before boot camp
    B: left over grilled salmon, egg whites, spinach. an orange and coffee
    L: left over rice/veggie burger, 1/4 avocado, an apple
    S: Lara Bar, later half a piece of spelt raisin bread with walnut butter
    D: chicken leg and some white meat, sweet potato, salad. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

All of a sudden I am gaining right at .5 pound A DAY! Have been for the last week. This is driving me crazy and can't figure it out. It HAS to be fluid, but from what? I can tell a slight difference in the waistband of my pants. I HAVE been allowing more dairy into my diet, that might well be the culprit.

Yesterday:

B: brekkie casserole, coffee
    Protein shake before kettlebell training session (it is at noon, hard to eat around it)
    L: (mid afternoon) salad with veggies, fermented veggies, roast pork loin
    D: 1 roasted chicken thigh and some steamed carrots

I think I know where the weight is from, I think that my attempt at intermittent fasting just plain p'od my system

Today was a rest day:

B: egg/vegetable/meat casserole, coffee
    L: 1 roasted chicken thigh and some steamed carrots
    S: small banana
    D: a bit more brekkie casserole (this time it is loaded with different veggies, as well as roasted chicken and pastured chopped pork loin). Just couldn't eat more than a couple ounces...