Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 240 of 252 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 3766

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday (rest day, sort of):

B: Usual egg/veggie/ground meat casserole, coffee
    L: Romanian meatballs, steamed veggies
    S: small apple
    D: Smoked salmon/lettuce wraps, roasted kale
    Very light kettlebell technique practice after my usual evening joint mobility work
    S: guilty pleasure of a bit of hot whole grass-fed milk with a bit of 100% cacoa powder mixed in - fabulous! I am trying to really cut back on sugar, I've let that get a bit out of control recently.

B: egg whites, low fat cheddar, green chili salsa, slice of spelt toast, blueberries. coffee
    5 mile ride to work
    more coffee
    L: veggie salad with chick peas and some hard boiled egg crumbles. I got the salad bar from the hospital cafeteria and they just don't have enough protein choices. 4 oz serving of Italian bean soup, an apple
    S: banana
    ride home, 5.5 miles (alternative route to avoide traffic)
    D: white bean/sweet potato/kale/chicken sausage soup, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: 2 eggs with lox and goat cheese, an orange, coffee
    L: one left over chicken thigh from Mother's day with spice rub, okra
    S: slice of spelt bread before 15 mile slow ride with a friend and some sliced cantelope afterwards
    D: more kale, bean, sausage, sweet potato soup, salad.
    S: an apple with cashew butter
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

The sound on my clock radio was turned off and I didn't get up for boot camp .
    B: tuna over sliced tomatoes, melted cheddar. an orange. coffee
    L: chicken salad with walnuts, cranberries. an apple
    S: 3 dried apricots before 15 mile ride. 3/4 bottle of Nuun. It's humid and kinda hot.
    D: tofu, stir fried with coconut amino, rice wine, honey, chili paste, red peppers and spelt soba noodles/cashews. glass of red wine.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: cream of wheat, milk, strawberries, coffee
    L: two leftover chicken enchiladas made from scratch yesterday
    D: chicken pasta made from store-bought rotisserie chicken, mushrooms, broth, onions, veges; with a salad made with lettuce from the garden, cucumbers, fava beans, golden beets and vinaigrette dressing; 1 glass white wine

Rest Day (finally)
    B: egg whites, salsa, 1/4 avocado, an orange, coffee
    L: 1/2 cup "green veggie" gazpacho, southwestern salad with black beans,veggies, and one one hard boiled egg I threw in there
    S: 3 dried apricots
    D: glass of red wine, chicken, corn, green chili home made tostada on a whole wheat tortilla, sliced mango, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: scrambled eggs, salsa. 1/4 avocado. blueberries and strawberries, coffee
    L: chicken salad with walnuts and cranberries in 2 butter lettuce leaves, half a cup of green veggie gazpacho. I should not have had this before a ride.
    23 mile ride, ate a Lara Bar during the ride, 2 dried apricots before. one bottle with Nuun R Natural.
    S: half a banana
    D: went out. Had a half order spinach salad with walnuts, and a half order of pasta with salmon and vodka sauce, one glass of red wine.
    Perfect sized dinner.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    It's a holiday weekend, in town.

B: cornflakes with fresh pineapple cubes, plain yogurt and skim milk. Tea with milk.
    Lunch/snack: freshly baked pretzel, coffee with milk. Then later another coffee with milk + biscotti.
    Snack: kiwi fruit, tea
    Dinner: cheese and potato perogis, with home stir fried gai lan vegetable with mushrooms, onions, garlic and ginger. Ukranian and Chinese do work together. Dessert: leftoever home-made compote of rhubarb, blueberries and Saskatoon berries with honey and red wine added in stewing, with fresh pineapple and plain yogurt. Tea with milk.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

B: whole wheat bagel, chive cream cheese, lox, strawberries and blueberries, coffee
    L: tuna in olive oil, sliced tomatoes, melted cheddar, 1/2 a banana
    20 mile ride
    D: My HS/middle school boyfriend was in town and he came over for dinner... had some hummus and pita chips and 2 glasses of wine, made a great chicken thigh/cilantro and chili sauce dish with whole wheat Israeli cous cous with veggies, a salad, chocolate ice cream
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

half a banana before boot camp
    B: egg whites, spinach, lox, goat cheese. an orange. coffee
    L: left over chicken tostada filling. veggies/chicken. an apple
    S:half a piece of spelt raisin bread and almond butter
    D: grilled veggie and quinoa salad, with a little chicken thrown in. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: eggs scrambled with spinach
    L: a bit of pulled pork over mashed cauliflower - really not enough for lunch
    1 hour hard kettlebell training session followed by a protein shake
    STARVING later in the afternoon, not enough food!
    D: rather more pulled pork and a larger amount of mashed cauliflower

I did hit the store after dinner for some veggies and sweet potatoes for tomorrow.

B:cup of non fat plain Greek yogurt, blueberries, walnuts, slice of spelt bread toast and cashew butter, coffee
    rode to work, ate half banana when I got there (5.2 miles)
    L: salad with lettuce, veggies, tuna. an apple
    S: the rest of the banana and half a Lara Bar
    rode home
    D: left over shredded chicken with melted cheddar and green chili salsa, left over Israeli cous cous with peppers, sliced mango. glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 2 waffles with butter, dried cranberries, walnuts, 2 chicken/sage sausages, blueberries, strawberries, coffee
    went on a 27 mile ride, fairly fast, for me. I ate 1/2 of the left over Lara Bar from yesterday before I began, at around 11. Had a bottle of Skratch Lab lemon-lime during the ride.
    L: ate with the guy I rode with, plus someone else we saw when we stopped. I had a salad with chopped chicken, definitely not enough. I rode home for the last 7 miles and finished the left over grilled veggies and quinoa I had at home.
    S: decaf, slice of Machengo
    D: 2 chili spice rubbed thin pork chops, mashed parsnips, roasted broccolini. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

did a functional fitness/body weight circuit at home with a teeny walking warm up on the TM
    B: 2 eggs, scrambled with spinach and lox, an orange, coffee
    L: chopped Southwestern salad with chicken
    S: an apple with cashew nut butter
    D: veggie curry with chick peas, spinach, tomatoes, onion, spinach over brown rice, glass of rosé
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I am starting a month-long intermittent fasting experiment that will also have a sugar detox rolled up into it. I've started a journal at Mark's Daily Apple to track things, if anyone is interested in following it you can find the journal here. My kettlebell sport coach is encouraging me to try this out as nothing I do seems to affect/change my body fat percentage. I am happy with my weight, it swings between 125-127 and that isn't unreasonable for my height and frame. I spent far too many decades between 180-210! No matter how hard I work, or how much I restrict (or not) my diet, I cannot get my BF% under 30%. So, I will try this, I've tried pretty much everything else reasonable, and my approach to IF will not be extreme. There is mixed research regarding IF and women, much of it appears to indicate that it isn't as effective for women as for men. Perhaps I will be one of those for whom it will be. My version of IF will simply provide different "windows" in which to eat. Same # of calories on a daily basis, or as close as I can.

So I will post my meals for today, and come back in a month or so

B: eggs scrambled with baby greens, coffee with cream
    L: protein shake made with whole milk + a small banana
    KB solo workout at home that featured ALL 6 of my kettlebells - included some volume building + technical practice
    D: small chicken thigh, chicken sausage sauteed with mixed vegetables and 2 egg whites left over from making my fresh batch of mayo.
    S: too many of the little dark chocolate/coconut/cacao nibs clusters - at least 5 of them. Still under my calorie targets for today though...

Oh yes, I made the mistake of making THIS recipe today for chocolate/coconut balls. Fab! DON'T MAKE THEM IF YOU ARE HOME ALONE You don't THINK the small recipe will make that much, but that couldn't be further from the truth. No added sugar though, so most of the calories are coming from the unsweetened coconut - which is substantial. I used 70% dark chocolate which is lighter than I would ordinarily purchase as I LOVE 85-90% dark chocolate, but since there is a good amount of cacao nibs in this recipe the chocolate shouldn't be any darker than 70%.

Dark Chocolate + Coconut - GIMME NOW
    Last edited by Catrin; 05-25-2014 at 04:23 PM.