Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 237 of 252 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday:

B: eggs scrambled with multiple veggies, a small amount of pastured pork belly
    500 Kettlebell Swing workout followed by some technique practice with the single-arm KB snatch
    Protein shake after workout
    L: Smoked salmon lettuce wraps with veggies and a bit of slaw
    D: Mixed greens salad with roast chicken, multiple veggies, and homemade dressing. A couple small squares of Black & Green 85% dark chocolate

Hoping to do some trail running today after some stuff at church.

Today:

Brekkie was the usual eggs, veggies, coffee

Lunch: big a*s salad with mixed greens, an assortment of veggies, roast chicken thigh, a few pecans and raisins with small amount of homemade dressing

30 minutes trail running/walking. More running than walking

D: last of the current batch of chili over spaghetti squash. 1/2 cup dark chocolate "Coconut Bliss" ice cream. Yummy, but I think a need a new rule for ice cream. I only crave it when it is in my freezer. So...from now on I have to actually go out to get a small dish of ice cream the rare times I actually really want it. AND, IMO, Indianapolis has one of THE best gourmet independent purveyors of ice cream out there It is too much of a temptation in my freezer and that is just too much sugar. VERY good though I've been allowing too much sugar to creep back into my diet. My weight is still lower from when I was sick but it would be nice to not re-gain the 3 pounds I lost when I was ill.
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-12-2014 at 03:40 PM.

B: a "Korean bowl," except mind had quionoa, smoked salmon, left over tomato/mushroom ragout, and an egg, with chili paste. an orange, coffee
    L: 2 butter lettuce wraps with chicken salad/walnuts/dried cranberries
    21 mile ride, my legs were feeling it
    S: slice of sprouted/seeded spelt bread with2 slices of banana and a little almond butter spread on it. This is like a drug to me.
    D:salmon sauteed with mango chutney/chili paste, sweet potato, roasted asparagus. 2 squares dark chocolate
    S: an apple
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: Ground beef/multi-veggie/baked egg casserole (brekkie this week), coffee
    L: smoked salmon, large salad
    Great solo workout that included push prowlers, kettlebells, olympic bars and more kettlebells that was followed by a protein shake
    D: roasted chicken lettuce wrap, spaghetti squash, baby zuchinni, the very last 1/3 cup of the decadent dark chocolate Coconut Bliss ice cream

B: 2 waffles with walnuts and dried cranberries, 2 turkey sausages, strawberries and blueberries, coffee. We though we'd be riding at 10, but weather postponed it. So breakfast was a bit big.
    L: 2 left over zucchini-quinoa patties, each pretty small, maybe 3 inches. I also dumped a bit of left over black beans and veggies on the plate.
    S: during our just under 30 mile ride, I ate a Lara Bar, had a slice of Machengo when i got home
    D: curried veggies and chick peas over brown rice, sliced mango. 2 squares dark chocolate
    Tomorrow night is Passover; the Seder meal is made for us who believe in "pray and eat."
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

going to skip yesterday. I ate a very small amount of everything at the Seder and I still felt sick afterwards.
    Today: rest day
    B: bowl of blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 a banana, one piece of spelt matzah, gefilte fish, and home made horseradish, coffee
    L: tuna salad with a chopped apple, sliced orange
    S: pecans and slice of Machengo, later a Lara Bar at 5:00
    D: left over vegetable curry and quinoa, which is supposedly ok for Passover, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 2 egg omelette with a little cheddar, salsa,1/2 a small avocado. an orange, coffee
    went to a pretty hard step and sculpt class, since my group ride that I was actually going to attend, was cancelled due to icy roads .
    L: chicken salad with walnuts and dried cranberries, in 2 butter lettuce cups. an apple
    S:half a piece of spelt matzah with hummus, glass of red wine
    D: sauteed scallops (4.5), mashed parsnips, salad. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

ate half a banana before boot camp, which was horrible, as there was a sub.
    B: I got ready at the gym, and ate the rest of my banana and a hard boiled egg in the car, after getting my coffee at Nashoba Brook Bakery, where just looking at the baked goods is 2,000 calories. Then when I got to the high school I see clients at on Thursdays, I ate the half a slice of spelt matzah and sun nut butter I had.
    L: salmon salad mixed with the other hard boiled egg I had made, red pepper, butter lettuce
    S: the other half of the matzah, whipped butter
    D: one very thin pork chop with a chili cumin rub, a sweet potato, sliced mango and roasted Brussel sprouts. glass of red wine and 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin- I just have to tease you about your last post- was that pork chop kosher for passover We only made a token nod toward a seder this year, had matzoh ball soup and charoset Monday night.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Of course not. I'm not Kosher (I love pork), but I do try and keep Passover. We either have or go to a Seder every year, and tonight we are having a Seder for our cycling friends, even though it's not the first or second night. We went to friends' on Monday night and I just couldn't face making a dinner on Tuesday, which is my busiest day of the work week. The male half of our cycling friends is Jewish, although having a Seder seems to be the only tradition his family kept, it means a lot to him that we do this for him. Some years they are here with my family, other years it's just us 4.
    Every year, when I take out the Seder plate and matzah covers my kids made at the Tri City JCC/Jewish Organization of Tempe Pre-School, I start crying. I cannot bring myself to buy a real seder plate, after almost 30 years. Good times!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    B: oatmeal with milk, yogurt dollop and cut up half a mango. Tangerine.
    Bike ride included:
    at a Japanese inspired café -2 green tea desserts (green tea tiny mocha based muffin bite with white chocolate, matcha brownie) and matcha tea latte
    Then at another café - coffee with a linzer cookie

Snack-banana and tea, some nuts

Dinner: mussel, clam soup with seaweed, tomatoes, carrots and fennel, onions. (Seawed depends the soup broth. No need to add other juices, a boullion cube.)
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Crankin I had wondered the same thing

Today:

Brekkie: eggs scrambled with veggies, coffee, fresh side
    a bit over an hour long solo kettlebell workout in my own little home gym, followed with a half protein shake (real food wasn't far away)
    L: quiona, roast chicken, chopped veggies
    D: protein shake...long night at church and didn't have time.
    Snack: butter-lettuce wrapped chicken.

Today was Pascha (Orthodox Easter), that actually fell on western Easter today - that only happens every 5-6 years.

Brekkie: eggs scrambled with veggies, fresh side, coffee
    crazy conditioning group workout - and the last official "Funday" workout, I am moving to another coach who specializes in kettlebell lifting + conditioning, joint mobility, and working with the "active aging athlete".
    L: a bit of chicken thigh and a little milk.
    Afternoon church service followed by a HUGE parish get-together with fellowship, lots and lots of good food and beer. I didn't even attempt to keep track, it was my first "cheat" meal in months and I enjoyed it! My "cheat" involved some wonderful homemade cheesecake and rather more meat than I would have normally eaten

I've posted a lot about my typical morning breakfast egg/veggie casserole/frittata/whatever it is. Here is a picture of the one that just went into the oven. 19 eggs, 16 cups of vegetables and ground pork. Also lots of spices! Amazing how good it is, and it comes out differently every time depending on the veggies/spices I've on hand. Obviously this provides far more than a couple of meals and it isn't just for breakfast! I will also be making some Czech meatballs tonight as well, and perhaps some homemade mayo if I've the time but I suspect that will wait until tomorrow night.

Attachment 17038
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-20-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Did my first juice today, celery, apples, kale, ginger, lemon, and cucumber. It was fantastic!

My weight's up some, but I am done with the Passover foods, even though it's not officially over until tomorrow at sundown.
    yesterday:
    B: 2 egg omelette with cheese, bowl of strawberries, oranges. slice of spelt raisin toast
    helped lead a 28.8 mile ride, which was kind of slow, but still took up a lot of energy, as I was going back and forth, trying to help a new leader. I ate a Lara Bar on the ride
    L: after the ride some of us went out to eat. I had a veggie wrap, which was delicious, but probably should have only had half. Had a beer, too.
    S: half a banana
    D: stir fried tofu with rice sticks and veggies, 2 squares dark chocolate
    S: an apple

Today:
    B: fried matzah with dried cranberries and some strawberries, blueberries, oranges
    L: 2 butter lettuce wraps with chicken salad
    went on a hard climbing ride of 24.5 miles. Ate a Lara Bar
    S: when we got back to our friends' house I had some herbal tea and a handful of cashews. Got home and had half a piece of matzah
    D: 2 chicken thighs with a sauce made with tomatillos, serrano chili pepper, cilantor and chicken broth. side of no lard refried beans, and half a small avocado/oranges. 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura