Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 233 of 252 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Send me that recipe. Please.
    Your wish is my command Here is the recipe for the West African Chicken Stew.

I've tried to double up the recipe, but my spices must have been off because it just wasn't as good as making a single recipe. Very easy to make, though I must admit I've yet to use the Bay Leaf called for in the recipe. I mean to get it, but always seem to forget it.

Crankin - I seem to be getting to that same point with "other" foods. Eating clean at home I feel great, then we'll go out with friends and eat some Pub Food and I feel like I've been run over the next day! Guess my body likes real food.

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Crankin - I seem to be getting to that same point with "other" foods. Eating clean at home I feel great, then we'll go out with friends and eat some Pub Food and I feel like I've been run over the next day! Guess my body likes real food.
    YES, agree with both of you! As our bodies adjust to real food, and well-sourced fats, they do seem to become less tolerant to bad foods and cra**y oils. Considering how much better I feel these days, it is worth it!

Oops, i meant the recipe for home made sun nut butter. I have the Well Fed 2. It's already spattered up and I've had it about 3 weeks.
    Sorry to have made you work.
    I can eat good whole grain bread and not feel like crap, but too much cheese or other stuff, no.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I wasn't sure which one, so I gave you the first one

The homemade sunbutter couldn't be easier. First of all, I cheated and bought a large bag of roasted-but-unsalted sunflower seeds from Trader Joe's. You can buy raw and toast them in the oven first if you want.

Turning them into butter couldn't be easier. I tossed roughly 1.5 cups of the sunflower seeds into the small bowl of my food processor. Let it run on low for 5 minutes. stir. 5 more minutes. stir again. 5 more minutes and when I opened it to stir/scrape down the sides I had sun-butter! The consistency was a bit coarse, probably because I was making so little, but it was indeed nut-butter, NOT the moist 'nut-flour' than I had last time.

Thanks, Catrin. I'll splurge for buying the almond butter since I eat it a lot, but for some reason, I won't for the sun butter.

Today:
    B: scrambled eggs with salsa, sliced tomatoes and 1/4 avocado, 2 slices uncured bacon, coffee
    L: home made chicken salad, sliced almonds, dried cranberries
    3 mile run/walk
    S: handful of walnuts and pecans
    D: took DIL and son out for DIL's birthday. Had tilapia in green chili sauce and about half a cup of black beans, shared some mini veggie tamales with DH, one beer.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

handful of walnuts and pecans before boot camp
    B: egg whites, lox, kale, an orange, coffee
    L: chicken salad with almonds and dried ranberries in butter lettuce wraps, an apple
    S: nuts and cranberries
    D: sweet potato, kale, spinach hash with 2 eggs over easy, salad of avocado and oranges, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

rest day
    B:2 chicken legs and some left over sweet potato hash with kale and spinach
    L: tuna salad with red pepper, lettuce, avocado, an apple
    S: nuts and cranberries, later a Lara Bar. I need to eat a bigger lunch on Tuesdays
    D:left over pork chili verde, cauliflower rice, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

When things with my mom are done, I'm going to start cooking again. I can't remember the last hot meal I made... we subsist on hummus, cheese, crackers, and loads of fresh raw veggies and fruit; all good for us but a hot meal would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    YES, agree with both of you! As our bodies adjust to real food, and well-sourced fats, they do seem to become less tolerant to bad foods and cra**y oils. Considering how much better I feel these days, it is worth it!
    I'm in 100% agreement, too! I rarely eat out these days and when I do, I stick to known items so that I don't pay the price later on.

I have another cookbook recommendation for your folks - The Ancestral Table by Russ Crandall. It's a little less traditional paleo in that he does include white potatoes, rice and some cheese. He also uses a lot of gentle cooking methods, so there are not too many short cuts to be made. Gorgeous book and I marked a TON of recipes that I want to try. I've only made one recipe so far and it was delicious! (Colcannon - essentially mashed potatoes with leeks, kale and butter) My husband gobbled up the leftovers and usually if something has kale in it, he avoids it after the first serving!
    Last edited by GLC1968; 03-05-2014 at 08:08 AM.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Thanks, GLC, I'm developing a cookbook addiction! However, given the fact I work until 7 2 nights a week, not sure if I should get a cookbook that can't be modified with shortcuts.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I did 45 minutes of intervals on the trainer today.Ugh.
    B: egg whites, kale, spinach, 1/4 avocado, green chili salsa, coffee, blueberries
    L: cupof veggie soup, pecan encrusted chicken salad, coffee
    D: pan seared salmon with jerk season, mashed parsnips, salad with cranberries, walnuts, vinaigrette, glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

1/2 a Lara Bar before boot camp. I felt pretty awful when I got there, lack of sleep and allergies.
    B: about a cup of shredded chicken, green chili salsa, spinach, cauliflower rice, blueberries, coffee
    S: green tea
    L: chicken salad made with dijon mustard and raisins, on lettuce, an apple
    D: chicken thighs (2, really small) with cilantro and garlic/shallots/olive oil sauce, cauliflower rice, salad, glass of red wine.
    I had 3 chicken meals today...
    Leaving after lunch tomorrow for NH for x country skiing. So, probably no reporting for a couple of days.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: protein shake with 8 oz almond milk, pea protein, strawberries, one date. slice of spelt raisin toast with almond butter, coffee
    L: chicken salad with 2 chicken thighs, dried cranberries, walnuts, an apple
    S: mixed nuts and cranberries
    D: left over eggplant/ground pork strata. This spent a little too much time in the freezer. Stir fried red pepper and spinach, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

handful of pecans and 2 dried apricots before boot camp
    B: 2 eggs, scrambled with kale, half a sweet potato, an orange, coffee
    L: veggie burger patty, half a sweet potato, half a huge apple
    S:, nuts, cranberries, chocolate bits, later a Lara Bar
    D: chicken breast with cilantro and chili rub, roasted Brussel sprouts, salad, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura