Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 219 of 252 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3776

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday:

B: scrambled eggs with veggies, coffee
    S: boiled egg
    L: staff lunch at an Indian restaurant
    D: tried a couple of new recipes - one for Greek style bangers (lamb and pork), and another for paleo Tabouli - both were pretty good.

B: 1 piece wg toast, butter, coffee
    L: 1 sports kind sports bar, water
    handful of almonds, 1 beer
    D: 2 pieces meatloaf, broccoli, 1/2 small baked potato with sourcream
    small helping of lemon gelato

B: 2 eggs scrambled with kale, 1/4 avocado, blueberries, coffee
    L:left over tofu, veggies, an apple
    S: slice of cheddar
    D: home made asparagus soup, topped with a sprinkle of pancetta. This recipe was from the Bill Straley Paleo cookbook and could easily be vegetarian by using veggie broth instead of chicken broth. glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I did hill intervals on the treadmill for 22 minutes... all I could stand.
    B: egg whites, green chili salsa, 2 chicken breakfast sausages, sprinkle of light jack cheese, an orange, coffee
    L: salad with lettuce, tuna in oil, quinoa, grape tomatoes, fig vinegar
    S: nuts, cranberries, chocolate bits
    D: 6 oz. Ahi tuna, barely cooked, roasted broccolini in olive oil, sweet potato, small glass of red wine, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I should skip posting yesterday's food. We went out to dinner at an awesome place and then went to see Louis Black. Way too much for a school night!
    I did a really hard boot camp class, had half a Lara Bar before
    B: eggs, kale, cheese, black beans, blueberries
    L: lentil soup and an apple
    S: ate the rest of the Lara Bar
    D: Ok, we got to the place early, as we weren't sure how long it would take to get to Worcester in rush hour. Had one glass of wine and we shared 2 flatbreads between the 4 of us. One had proscuttio and the other had basil/cheese. Had another glass and a half of wine at dinner, which was salmon enrusted in pepper, with a cilantro sauce, brown rice, and cabbage.
    I guess the appetizers were a bit much, but we were starving at 5 PM.
    Louis Black is funny, but really, how many times can you say the f word without it getting annoying? He gave a very good description of Yuma, AZ, which had me laughing so hard I was crying, though (the armpit of AZ, 8,000 degrees out, just like I always said)
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Can't remember what I ate Friday, but here's yesterday:
    B: 2 poached eggs on sautéed spinach with bacon crumbles, coffee, an orange
    S: half a Lara Bar before a 21 mile semi hilly ride
    L: finished the Lara Bar and had a salad with tuna, grape tomatoes, goat cheese, with an apple
    S: slice of Machengo
    D: went to an Italian place near where I used to teach. They know us here. I had parpedelle with tomato and ricotta and a cup of lentil soup. I ate about 2/3 of the pasta and took the rest home. Had 2 glasses of Lambrusco.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yesterday:
    Tea with half-and-half and sugar (a little too much sugar, since I haven't had that particular tea in ages...), waffles with butter and maple syrup.
    Apple with cookie butter
    Chocolate pudding
    2 chicken legs, fennel and arugula salad with homemade dressing, walnuts and Parmesean, 4 slices of buttered sourdough toast.
    1 frozen "fun-size" Milky Way (though what exactly is more fun about less candy, I don't know).

Today:
    Sourdough toast with cream cheese, smoked salmon, chives and fennel fronds, coffee with half-and-half and sugar.
    19.3-mile bike ride (2 bottles of water, one Clif bar)
    Glass of egg nog
    I'm either doing stir-fry or a burrito tonight. Probably stir-fry so that I have a reason to make a ton of rice so that I have leftovers for the week.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Today:

B: "hot pot" - basically lots of veggies scrambled with a couple of eggs, some pork, and fermented veggies on top - YUM!
    15 minute weight lifting session prior to usual crazy Sunday Funday workout - followed with protein shake
    L: salad with organic grass-fed, nitrate free hot dogs. I know...but they are pretty darn good!
    S: apple
    D: roast pork shoulder, paleo tabbouleh (cauliflower rice rather than grains), roasted carrots. 2 small squares of dark chocolate for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Today:

B: "hot pot" - basically lots of veggies scrambled with a couple of eggs, some pork, and fermented veggies on top - YUM!
    15 minute weight lifting session prior to usual crazy Sunday Funday workout - followed with protein shake
    L: salad with organic grass-fed, nitrate free hot dogs. I know...but they are pretty darn good!
    S: apple
    D: roast pork shoulder, paleo tabbouleh (cauliflower rice rather than grains), roasted carrots. 2 small squares of dark chocolate for dessert.
    Is there a brand on the hot dogs, or is it a local outfit? (DBF's a hot dog fiend, and I sort of like them, and I'd like to find ones that aren't terrifying.)

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Is there a brand on the hot dogs, or is it a local outfit? (DBF's a hot dog fiend, and I sort of like them, and I'd like to find ones that aren't terrifying.)
    Applegate Organic Hot Dogs - here is a link. They are good and satisfy that occasional craving I get for more processed food - though I won't give into it if I didn't have access to something like this. They aren't cheap - $5 at Trader Joe's, unsure how easy they are to find at other stores.

Sunday:
    B: whole wheat bagel with melted cheddar, 2 chicken sausages, an orange and blueberries, coffee
    S: 3 dried apricots, 19 mile ride
    L: salad with lettuce, chicken breast, grape tomatoes, salsa, cup of butternut squash soup
    D: salad with thin pork slices marinated in maple vinaigrette, peaches, bacon crumbles
    S: slice of spelt raisin bread with almond butter
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Applegate Organic Hot Dogs - here is a link. They are good and satisfy that occasional craving I get for more processed food - though I won't give into it if I didn't have access to something like this. They aren't cheap - $5 at Trader Joe's, unsure how easy they are to find at other stores.
    I know Whole Foods also carries that brand - I haven't looked for the hot dogs, though. They might be able to order them, though.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I know the local Fry's carries the bacon (which is also pretty good). I've never seen the hot dogs, but I haven't looked. I'll check TJ's next time I'm there, and the Whole Foods should be opening up again fairly soon. If not, there's one over by Performance and I have to go over there anyway.

B: Smoothie (yogurt, peanut butter, banana, coffee, cocoa)
    L: Stir fry (Chicken, onion, carrot, broccoli, bamboo shoots, baby corn, water chestnuts, red and yellow bell pepper and snow peas) over brown rice, with generous soy sauce and sesame oil, because dry rice is gross.
    S: Tea with sugar and half-and-half, 3 gingersnaps, a small handful of cinnamon-sugar almonds
    S2: Parsley and fennel fronds while preparing dinner.
    D: Salad (spring mix, baby arugula, parsley, fennel (fronds and 1/4 bulb, yellow bell pepper) with canned tuna (packed in olive oil), walnuts and Parmesan; olive oil and lemon juice dressing (with pepper and garlic, of course).
    Something for dessert and to go with my studying...I have pumpkin ice cream. Or peanut butter cup ice cream. Hm.
    Last edited by Owlie; 11-18-2013 at 07:08 PM.

boot camp, before which I had 3 dried apricots and almonds
    B: endive stuffed with salmon and light veggie cream cheese (with a little goat cheese)
    L:salad with chicken breast, dried cranberries, goat cheese, fig vinegar an apple
    S: mixed nuts, dried cranberries, chocolate bits
    D: one chicken thigh cooked in Chinese 5 spice powder and various other seasonings, broccoli, mushrooms with brown rice and fresh bean sprouts, glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

YESTERDAY
    B: rice chex, milk, coffee
    L: carne asada burrito
    D: beef stroganoff, whole wheat egg noodles, roasted brussel (sp?) sprouts w/bits of bacon and sugared pecans, 1 glass red wine

TODAY
    B: WW toast with butter, coffee
    s: 1 granola bar
    L: small amount of leftover beef stroganoff, 2 pieces dark chocolate
    D: chicken rice soup with chard/spinach/ and whatever else I have in my fridge for veges, 1 glass white wine