Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 178 of 252 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3776

To disable ads, please log-in.

Mmm, the skin is my favorite part!

I suspect that part of the reason they are shunned is that if given the OK, half the paleo population would slice them up and fry them in lard and count that as a veggie!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Mmm, the skin is my favorite part!

I suspect that part of the reason they are shunned is that if given the OK, half the paleo population would slice them up and fry them in lard and count that as a veggie!
    I fried mine in bacon fat...but it's definitely not a veggie!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Potatoes are members of the nightshade family - which I avoid (which really helps my skin conditions). I will, rarely, have tomato, but I don't like potatoes enough to risk it. Paleo/primal athletes will use them as needed. Thankfully sweet potatoes aren't nightshades

Once in awhile I miss white potato hash browns I used to make, but than than that, no. I haven't eaten white potatoes in about 9 years. I love sweet potatoes, so that's good. I miss brown rice a lot more, and quinoa. I will go back to eating those as the cycling season ramps up.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: biscuit with honey, coffee
    1 banana
    L: spagetti with meat tomato sauce
    Snack: 2 cookies
    Dinner: roasted chicken thighs (2), roasted potatoes, broccoli, 1 beer
    1 cookie

1. musli with milk
    2. apple
    3. omelette with 3 eggs, curd and cheese, about 20 olives
    4. salad: beetroot, carrot, apple; 1,5 baked mackerel

I wish I had the discipline to eat clean every day like today

OK, the pork carnitas are made and eaten. My take is, that it needs more spice than in the recipe calls for, as well as more lime juice. The author most likely did not live in the southwest! It cooked up pretty much the way it said, and I had the right kind of pan. But, not all the pieces got browned, as I felt it was getting too dry to continue (I was right). Next time, in addition to the spices, I will use even more water than I did, as I added some a long the way, and I will turn the temperature down even more.
    And, I would have preferred some steamed corn tortillas and black beans to accompany it, instead of the kale and hearts of palm!
    So, that was my dinner.

B: chicken sausage fried up with sweet potatoes with 2 poached eggs and an orange, coffee
    L: club "sandwich" in a wrap of romaine lettuce. I had turkey, ham, 2 slices of uncured bacon, and tomatoes.
    S: 3 slices of cheese and carrots
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin - I really had to move my meat around to brown it all and some pieces were definitely better than others! And I agree about more lime...I'll try that next time.

B: sauteed chicken apple sausage and TJ's 'healthy 8' diced veggies, black coffee
    L: pescatore sauce on zucchini noodles at a local Italian place for my birthday lunch with my group at work
    D: unknown. I totally didn't plan anything! We will either do breakfast for dinner or go out...maybe to that same Italian place now that I know they'll do the zucchini noodles thing!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    OK, the pork carnitas are made and eaten. My take is, that it needs more spice than in the recipe calls for, as well as more lime juice. The author most likely did not live in the southwest! It cooked up pretty much the way it said, and I had the right kind of pan. But, not all the pieces got browned, as I felt it was getting too dry to continue (I was right). Next time, in addition to the spices, I will use even more water than I did, as I added some a long the way, and I will turn the temperature down even more.
    And, I would have preferred some steamed corn tortillas and black beans to accompany it, instead of the kale and hearts of palm!
    So, that was my dinner.
    Haha, my advisor likes to joke about "Ohio spices"--salt and pepper. If I make anything out of Cooking Light, I usually have to double the spices, otherwise it doesn't taste of anything.

B: Coffee, slice of pumpkin bread
    L: skipped it
    S: 1 beer with advisor. Poor choice. I stayed in the lab for a while after that and read!
    D: Chicken with garlic chili sauce and a splash of soy sauce, black rice, broccoli and red bell pepper
    S: blood orange
    S: Hot chocolate, just under 4 cookies (they're the kind that are packed in a soft plastic tube rather than a box, so I opened it, and the top two cookies were badly broken, so I ate those too.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I didn't have any problems with the water evaporating too quickly - but I had it at a very slow simmer. I also added more lime/lemon juice than the recipe called for - I agree it needs more spices but I still really enjoyed them even if I wasn't so lucky with the browning. It is a keeper!

Yesterday:

B: scrambled eggs with parsley (surprised to find out that parsley is tasty along with being nutritious), bacon, coffee and cream
    L: (not much), 1 boiled egg, orange
    S: 1/2 cup chili
    D: sauteed bok choy and watercress, tuna salad
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-09-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    B: scrambled eggs with parsley (surprised to find out that parsley is tasty along with being nutritious), bacon, coffee and cream
    Parsley makes a fabulous pesto too! Good on pretty much anything (eggs, fish, and lots of stuff you don't eat like bread and pasta).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Parsley makes a fabulous pesto too! Good on pretty much anything (eggs, fish, and lots of stuff you don't eat like bread and pasta).
    I make it a point to try at least one new veggie a week, and I like this so much that my sausage frittata currently baking has lots of parsley in it rather than baby spinach. It is good to mix things up I tend to limit myself to my favorite 2-3 veggies and am trying to force myself out of that habit.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    B- cornflakes with strawberries and skim milk, tea with milk
    Snack - pain au chocolate pastry and coffee with milk...I rushed out of the bakery because it was starting to snow again.
    Snack - 2 crackers with red pepper hummus
    Dinner- My Chinese New year's at home: stir fried squash with peppers, sliced beef, onions, garlic and ginger root. Noodles on side. Dessert: 1 crepe with homemade compote of rhubarb, blueberries with a dab of Greek yogurt over the top, fresh raspberries. Also serves as my early Valentine's dessert from him
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Feeling the need for comfort food.
    B: egg whites, kale, 2 slices uncured bacon, an orange
    S: handful of walnuts
    L: 2 chicken/pepper sausages, stir fried with tomatoes and kale, cup of butternut squash soup
    S: I gave in. I ate a piece of Ezekial raisin bread and had some Machengo cheese
    D:chicken breast, sauteed with red pepper, onions, curry powder and raisins, roasted broccoli, glass of red wine, 2 squares dark chocolate
    S: an orange
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 2 eggs, hashbrowns, 1 piece bacon, 1/2 english muffin with butter, coffee
    L: 1 chicken thigh and roasted potatoes
    D: pasta with veges (red and yellow peppers, onion, asparagus, chicken italian sausage and parmesan) and olive oil, 1 glass red wine