Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 142 of 252 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3776

To disable ads, please log-in.

B: a couple of dried apricots and almonds before boot camp, then
    small bowl of Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries and some whole grain flakes, 4 slices chicken breast, coffee
    S: small skim milk mocha latte
    L: 2 veggie burger patties, cole slaw, blueberries
    S: nuts and cranberries
    2 mile walk with client
    D: turkey burger on a roasted portobella with tomato and onion, sweet potato
    2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

ok I have fallen off the wagon here and still can't get below 126-128 as my fluctuating weight.. so time to start reposting!

yesterday:
    b: full fat greek yogurt with a handful of raspberries and a swizzle of agave
    l: wrap with cheese, half a small avocado and kale+hot sauce
    s:gluten free "chips"
    d:salad with grilled chicken, hard boiled egg and a little bacon(my downfall)+lots of veggies, walnuts and sunflower seeds with homemade dressing
    s:2 dates + milk with chocolate flavored vodka....(did a night ride and couldn't seem to get my brain to shut down to sleep without it)

ride: women's no drop ride I help with-22 easy miles.

5 walnuts/2 dried apricots before 5:45 AM 11 mile "2 hill" ride. Short, but hard.
    B: egg white omelette with low salt ham slices, green chili salsa, an orange, coffee
    L: left over turkey burger patty, slice of low fat Muenster cheese, an apple
    D: glass of red wine, pan grilled boneless chicken breast with pesto, whole wheat linguini with olive oil, an artichoke, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 1 bowl of special k, raspberries, 1 % milk, coffee
    L: vege stirfry with rice
    D: soft tilapia tacos with cheese, cabbage, tomatoes, salsa, and black beans, 1 beer

Yesterday:
    Breakfast: bagel thin with smoked salmon, capers, onion, tomato and a smear of cream cheese
    Lunch: Egg sandwich on english muffin with ham and colby jack
    Afternoon snack: bowl of special K red berries
    Dinner: a few small pieces of st. louis style pizza, bruschetta, spanish chorizo
    Dessert: fresh blueberries

Today will be better I hope. I've been so busy packing and getting ready I've been going for quick to fix convenience foods like sandwiches. I've got grilled boneless skinless cihcken thighs and my favorite red cabbage/carrot slaw planned for dinner. Although my eating may be derailed with I bake cookies for a few of my friends who donated big to my ride!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

B: Egg + gluten-free toast, bowl of oats and coffee
    L: Large Salad and UltraMeal Shake
    D: Veggie Soup + Salad, Drk Choc Square w/ PB
    S: Green Smooooooothie
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Today:

B: 2 scrambled eggs, serving Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal with almonds and raisins, skim milk, coffee
    S: very small amount of home-made energy mix. Not meant for the office but the trail...but I need to go shopping
    L: sweet basil turkey/chicken sausage , homemade bean/spinach soup with a bit of rice
    S: another small amount of home-made energy mix
    D: roasted skinless chicken breast on sprouted wheat bread

50 minute easy spin - had to get outside for stress relief but legs needed a break since they will be working the next 4 days - I doubt I broke a sweat so I consider this a "rest" day

S: chocolate milk

B:2 eggs over easy with green chili salsa, grilled low salt ham (3 slices), an orange, coffee
    L: salmon burger patty, cole slaw, cup of tomato soup, blueberries
    D: lentil stew with sweet potato, carrots, peppers, salad with avocado, lettuce, cranberries, goat cheese, 2 squares dark chocolate,1 glass red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Apparently I have the appetite of a man because I seem to be eating a lot more than what most of the Team Estrogen women are posting. My current 37yo (5ft 1in, 112 pounds) appetite is actually only about 33% of what it was when I was 18yo and I am trying to restrain myself so that I can get to my goal: previous weight of 104 pounds at my wedding.

I'm trying to be less hungry by filling up my stomache with water and little scoops of protein powder here and there (which does seem to curb my appetite a little).

Yesterday:
    B: Large cup of water with 50% water and 50% low fat milk and a scoop of protein powder with a scoop of Citrucel

S: 2 medium sized Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies;Water with a scoop of protein powder and a dash of caffeine and a dash of milk.

L: Large bowl of chicken salad and Dorito Chips (2 large handfuls)

S: Small amount of Shredded chicken. mango, protein bar, handful of nuts.

D: 8 dumplings in a bowl of soup with noodles.
    Exercised on my Elliptical machine for 30 minutes along with sit ups

Today:
    B: Large cup of water with 50% water and 50% low fat milk and a scoop of protein powder with a scoop of Citrucel

S: Pure Protein Bar (S'more flavor). Water with a scoop of protein powder and a dash of caffeine and a dash of milk.

L: Salad, Beef teriyaki on white rice bowl (no brown rice available), 6 California rolls

S: Atkins Day Break bar

D: Planning to have salad and Chicken terriyaki on white rice bowl

2012 Specialized Amira Elite, upgraded carbon handle bars, Jett saddle 143mm switched to 145mm 2012 Selle Italia Max SLR Gel Flow saddle

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle

Tiger Mom, have you thought about changing your breakfast to something more substantial, that includes protein, like eggs or egg whites, veggie burgers, or even tuna? You might find you are a lot less hungry.
    You and I are about the same height and I recently shed 5 lbs., to get to the same goal weight you have. I eat quite a lot, but I lost the weight with the above, plus absolutely no white rice, Asian food (too much salt and high glycemic carbs), increasing my veggies and watching my intake of carbs overall. I lost the weight in 8 wks. and I pretty much have continued eating the same way (which wasn't much of a switch for me), except for fueling for my longer rides.
    You will get sick of having water and protein powder for breakfast. There are a lot of good things to eat for breakfast that are real food; they don't have to be traditional breakfast foods. Instead of focusing on getting to a goal weight for your wedding, it might be easier to think of it as a quest to find a new way of eating that you can sustain for life.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Tiger Mom, have you thought about changing your breakfast to something more substantial, that includes protein, like eggs or egg whites, veggie burgers, or even tuna? You might find you are a lot less hungry.
    You and I are about the same height and I recently shed 5 lbs., to get to the same goal weight you have. I eat quite a lot, but I lost the weight with the above, plus absolutely no white rice, Asian food (too much salt and high glycemic carbs), increasing my veggies and watching my intake of carbs overall. I lost the weight in 8 wks. and I pretty much have continued eating the same way (which wasn't much of a switch for me), except for fueling for my longer rides.
    You will get sick of having water and protein powder for breakfast. There are a lot of good things to eat for breakfast that are real food; they don't have to be traditional breakfast foods. Instead of focusing on getting to a goal weight for your wedding, it might be easier to think of it as a quest to find a new way of eating that you can sustain for life.
    I guess I should clarify about the wedding weight...I've been married 11+ years and want to be 104 pounds again like when I was younger.

Actually, having the water and protein powder with a splash of milk for breakfast and the protein bar about 45 minutes later is a lot less than I used to eat (my typical dinner at age 18yo used to be 1 basket of chips and salso from Acapulcos along with the entire chicken enchilada combo platter and a dessert. Now I eat about half that amount at age 38yo).

But, in answer to your question, yes, I do eat 3 eggs and 4 slices of bacon on the weekends for breakfast along with the protein and water and skip the protein bar on the weekends before lunch. I do eat an energy bar/granola bar before bike rides though for the carbohydrate energy to prevent the "bonking" that everyone talks about. I eat so much veggies that my daughter thinks that my favorite food is "salad". I'm hungry all the time and think about either food or biking...the protein powder in water helps curb my appetite, so that I crave snacks a lot less than before. Luckily, biking is a good food distraction.

The only really good part of my diet plan is that I don't like juices/sodas/alcohol. So, I don't drink any of that stuff.

2012 Specialized Amira Elite, upgraded carbon handle bars, Jett saddle 143mm switched to 145mm 2012 Selle Italia Max SLR Gel Flow saddle

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle

Yeah, juice can be a killer and most people don't realize that.
    Good luck with your quest for the last few pounds!
    B: oatmeal with blueberries, 4 slices of chicken breast over a tomato, with melted cheese, coffee
    L: I had a weird day, with only one client, so I took myself out to lunch and bought 2 pairs of sandals I had a veggie sandwich, which consisted of a portobella mushroom, artichoke hearts, tomato, lettuce on what was called a South Shore sweet roll... it was a thin Portuguese roll, kind of like a wrap. I swore I wasn't going to eat it, but I hadn't had bread in 2 days, so I did.
    D: finished the left over lentil stew and spinach with pine nuts, 2 squares chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 1 egg, 1 piece wg toast, coffee, oj
    L: 2 pieces sausage pizza
    D: 1/2 sandwich WG bread, turkey and swiss cheese, mustard; 1 beer
    Dessert: strawberries, oj, pineapple juice, peach smoothie

B: wholewheat tortilla cheese crisp, blueberries, coffee
    I was sick most of the day after this.
    L#1: half a soy nut butter sandwich on Ezekial bread
    a couple of hours later, I ate the rest of my lunch #2: Greek yogurt with blueberries, cranberries, almonds
    D: some pepper rings and hummus, 3 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs, quinoa, asparagus, salad, glass of red wine, strawberries
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: rice chex, 1% milk, coffee
    Snack: 1 nectarine, 1 banana
    Lunch: 1/2 sandwich, roasted pepper and cheese; salad with vinaigrette dressing, garbanzos and kidneys beans; 1/2 carrot cake cupcake
    Dinner: grilled chicken thigh, salad, vinaigrette dressing and blue cheese crumbles, 1 beer