Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 127 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    I buy the plain in the big tub cause I throw almond butter and raw honey into it too... I can't seem to find big tubs of the honey kind. But seriously, I think it's tastier than Fage Total which seems more paste like to me. This feels smoother in its fully fatted form. Also packs a huge calorie punch which I now need... A six oz serving has a ridiculous amount of calories... add in my honey and AB and I've got a perfect breakfast!
    I can't find full-fat Fage around here (why do I want to write "phage" every time?), so I buy the 2%. It's a little weird on its own, but much better when stirred up with honey.

I should look to see if I can find big tubs of the honey Greek Gods around here. If I can't, it's going to be another thing I can only get after trips to Cincy.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Susan, the salmon sounds awesome!
    It's out on the grill right now! We *are* fortunate to have ready access to great seafood. So, every time I see farmed ATLANTIC salmon at Costco or elsewhere, I always wonder why! Well, probably because it's inexpensive. My favorite place to go for fresh seafood is Uwajimaya. They have the best selection around, plus plenty of sushi grade fish. Mmmmmm.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Perhaps my reasoning is off, but considering how many eggs and how much dairy I consume, I am afraid that I will get too much fat. My sports nutritionist said that I should keep fat in my diet at 30% or less, and I am consistently right at or just over 30%. I have added nuts and am doing more cooking with olive oil.

I am considering going moving from non-fat Greek yogurt to a higher fat percentage version to help. Am I being overly concerned about the fat content in the eggs and dairy?
    About dairy? I'd suggest not. Just stick to non- or low fat. The eggs, IMO, yes. You are losing out on a nutritient dense food by cutting out the yolks. They will not increase you cholesterol.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    About dairy? I'd suggest not. Just stick to non- or low fat. The eggs, IMO, yes. You are losing out on a nutritient dense food by cutting out the yolks. They will not increase you cholesterol.
    Thanks, this is what I was wondering. I hadn't seen your message, but I had 2 fresh whole eggs for breakfast. Outside of winter my eggs come from a friends back yard that roam around her yard and garden eating all kinds of good things. They are well cared for and she keeps a close eye on them. The eggs range in size from tiny to huge, and because they are grass-fed, are every color under the sun...but not white. Yummy as well! I just picked up a couple dozen from her yesterday Fresh eggs 2 days old can't be beat! (and no, I've never used THOSE for egg whites - that would be a waste!)

My friends treated me to a special weekend downtown Chicago. It was a 10-year belated bachelorette/bridal shower party. Although, toned down quite a bit from what I imagine it would have been

Here's a sampling of what we ate . . . (I like modeling food) (And I'm not looking foward to weigh-in on Friday)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beignets.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	14376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chocolatebar.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	14377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drinks.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	14378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sliders.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	14379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vegan.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	14380  

2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    My friends treated me to a special weekend downtown Chicago. It was a 10-year belated bachelorette/bridal shower party. Although, toned down quite a bit from what I imagine it would have been

Here's a sampling of what we ate . . . (I like modeling food) (And I'm not looking foward to weigh-in on Friday)
    The food looks awesome, but not as good as YOU look! Nothing wrong with the occasional indulgence

That looks like an awesome feast!

I ran out of energy gels and no bike shop was open before work this morning so I picked up some Welch's fruit snacks for energy on my rides that are increasing both in number/duration. Others have used them for centuries or marathons so they might be a cost-effective choice for this summer. Along with raisins!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Yesterday:

B: Cereal, 1% milk, coffee
    L: leftover 1/2 chicken breast, tomato sauce, spagetti pasta
    D: leftover roasted chicken, rice, gravy, salad with vinaigrette dressing, 1 glass white wine

Today:
    B: 1 bowl of rice chex, strawberries, 1% milk, coffee
    Snack Banana
    Lunch ??
    Dinner: will be Salmon, roasted potatoes, broccoli

I saw this today and it made me chuckle. We spend so much time thinking about what we *should* or *shouldn't* be eating, (or maybe it's just me and I need to replace those "we" words with "I"...) and sometimes I think it's really just as simple as this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Today:
    5:00 banana
    5:30 2600 meter swim
    6:45 Gu Roctane gel
    7:00 40 minute run
    8:30 two eggs scrambled with mushrooms, peppers, scallions, kale and 1/2 of chicken sausage. Topped with a sprinkling of crumbled gorgonzola. Mmmmm.
    Also, a banana with one Tablespoon of the most frickin' awesome almond butter ever: http://shop.wildsquirrelnutbutter.co...ts/joyful-java Big breakfast, but I was hungry!

Lunch will be my usual spinach salad with various veggies. Topped with 4oz turkey and 1/3 of an avocado. Will also have some carrot/cabbage salad from yesterday.

Dinner: I have chicken breasts in the fridge, so I'm thinking I'll simmer them with onions, tomatoes, garlic, some broth and maybe a little white wine. Side o' broccoli. If I get home early enough, I'll roast up some brussels and sweet potatoes too! Roasted sweet potatoes are like candy. Who needs dessert when you can have sweet potatoes??
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Mmmm, can I come over for dinner, Susan?

Actually, in all seriousness, can you post your recipe for your slaw? I love having cold salads in the fridge to grab as snacks!

Today -
    B: smoothie (almond milk, 1/2 banana, blueberries, strawberries, egg white protein powder, spinach, 1 T coconut milk)
    S: coffee with half n half, small slice of banana bread (paleo version, no sugar added!)
    L: Cabbage and sausage soup, orange, raw milk cheddar
    S: cuban pork topped with coleslaw, apple
    D: grass-fed NY strip steaks, roasted veggies

Last night I had grass-fed beef liver and onions that I cooked in a cast iron pan on our grill (we currently have no stove) and it was delicious. I'm all iron-rich now too!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Mmmm, can I come over for dinner, Susan?

Actually, in all seriousness, can you post your recipe for your slaw? I love having cold salads in the fridge to grab as snacks!
    You know where I live!

Hhmmm, recipe. Well, I kinda made it up based on flavors I like. I grated up some ginger (maybe 3/4 an inch worth off the end of an average size piece of ginger root), crushed a couple cloves of garlic, put in a blob of tahini (maybe a tablespoon), ~4 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, a splash of balsamic, a tablespoon or so or olive oil, a dash of salt... Tossed it all into my Magic Bullet (love that thing, btw!). I ended up with perhaps 1/2 cup of dressing. This was a enough dressing for a shockingly large pile of carrots (shredded in the food processor) and an entire head of purple cabbage. I'm going to be eating that all week!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

oh man-- you too with the purple cabbage/carrot slaw! I'm an addict. so nutrient dense and so delicious! I whiz mine in the food processor and keep it in the fridge all week long.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    oh man-- you too with the purple cabbage/carrot slaw! I'm an addict. so nutrient dense and so delicious! I whiz mine in the food processor and keep it in the fridge all week long.
    I intended to put in some kale from my garden as well, but the pile of carrots was already so big that there was no room left in the bowl!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Rest day. I took a 2.5 mile walk before breakfast instead of going to my weight training class
    B: endive stuffed with low fat cream cheese and lox, very small bowl of whole wheat flakes and blueberries, skim milk, coffee
    L: salad with left over salmon, artichoke hearts, red peppers, goat cheese, fig infused vinegar, an apple, nuts and cranberries
    S: slice of Ezekial whole wheat (I don't like it as much as the raisin bread) with soy nut butter.
    I rode about 4 very slow miles with one of my clients
    D: salad with arugula, half a grapefruit, proscuitto, walnuts, olive oil, 2 pieces of sheep's milk cheese

still hungry
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    You know where I live!

Hhmmm, recipe. Well, I kinda made it up based on flavors I like. I grated up some ginger (maybe 3/4 an inch worth off the end of an average size piece of ginger root), crushed a couple cloves of garlic, put in a blob of tahini (maybe a tablespoon), ~4 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, a splash of balsamic, a tablespoon or so or olive oil, a dash of salt... Tossed it all into my Magic Bullet (love that thing, btw!). I ended up with perhaps 1/2 cup of dressing. This was a enough dressing for a shockingly large pile of carrots (shredded in the food processor) and an entire head of purple cabbage. I'm going to be eating that all week!
    Ooh, sounds good! Thanks!

I use my magic bullet every morning for my smoothies! It's great for making those date balls I make in small quantities, too (not that I'm doing that or anything!).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom