Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 121 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

You know, I started to stress out about keying in all my food into my app when I realized that I don't NEED to do it every day. I do it to keep tabs on myself and out of curiosity, but it's not an integral part of my plan so to stress about it is really, really stupid. Duh.

Today -

B: scrambled eggs, slice of cinnamon pecan coffee cake, coffee w halfnhalf
    S: fresh mango and strawberries (and more coffee)
    L: tuna salad made with tuna, celery, onion and home-made mayo. Cukes and a couple of slices of uncured summer sausage.
    S: homemade quac with carrots and cukes
    D: chili w salad

Oh and last night we didn't eat the chili - we actually finally had the pumpkin beef thing!
    Last edited by GLC1968; 04-02-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Better today - but not enough calories...sigh:

B: 1 whole egg + 1 egg white, steel cut oats with blueberries and PB, skim milk, coffee
    S: banana, mozz stick
    L: lettuce salad with homemade dressing (olive oil, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, a bit of honey and pepper), roasted skinless chicken breast, raw celery and raw carrots

S: Power Bar

80 minute ride followed by a banana and 5 almonds

D: sauteed watercress, shallots, bok choy and 1 italian chicken sausage. 1 slice sprouted wheat bread, skim milk
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-03-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Yesterday:
    English muffin with peanut butter and jelly
    Wasabi peas
    Last piece of flank steak, with rosemary, salt and pepper, cooked with a bit of olive oil in the pan; brown rice cooked in chicken broth with a bit of herbes de Provence and butter, sugar snap peas with a little butter and mint.

Today:
    B: Greek yogurt "parfait"--3 large strawberries with some chopped mint, full-fat Greek yogurt (the honey-flavored kind), and granola; tea with sugar and half-and-half
    L: Chicken sausage, more peas (I made a double batch last night!), Doritos, an apple and that dratted Coconut Lifewater. I think they put crack in it. That's the only thing that makes sense.
    S: Half a Clif bar, half-glass of lemonade
    14.8-mile ride
    2 shot blocks, the other half of the Clif bar
    D: Burrito! (3.5 strips of flank steak, peppers and onions, rice, 2 spoons of guac, a handful of spring mix
    S: small green tea frappucino and a biscotti.

I need to figure out what I'm making for lunch and dinner for the next few days...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Yesterday:
    B: 4 eggs with parmesan, grapes
    L: salad with grilled chicken, sauteed carrots
    AS: green apple
    D: 12 oz grass fed sirloin steak (oh heaven-- so glad I got my tiny Weber grill), asparagus sauteed in coconut oil, carrot/red cabbage salad
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

B: egg white omelette and red pepper, cheddar cheese, small bowl of Greek non fat yogurt and blueberries
    L: 2 veggie burger patties, cole slaw, an apple
    S: nuts and cranberries
    D: I went to a charity dinner where I didn't really eat badly, but my stomach doesn't feel so well today; one rice ball app, 2.5 glasses of red wine, small piece of steak with mushrooms, carrots, and about 1/4 of a lemon merengue thing.
    Must have been the wine and lack of sleep...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Weird Day: Did not have much to eat early at all!
    B: 1 piece wg toast with peanut butter (late for work running out the door)
    1 banana
    L: two handfuls of goldfish crackers (played tennis at lunch time no time for eating)
    D: 2 pieces pizza (homemade), salad with vinaigrette, 1 glass red wine

B: turkey breast over sliced tomatoes, with melted cheese and Irish oatmeal with blueberries
    L: chicken salad with cranberries and walnuts. I felt kind of sick this morning, so I only ate the chicken salad part of the salad and not much of the green stuff. I felt better afterwards, though, and ate an apple.
    S: nuts and cranberries, piece of Machengo cheese and 2 pita rounds
    D: 2 thin pork chops with peach salsa and refried vegetarian beans, 2 pieces of dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: Frappucino, half a bun
    L: Tuna and crackers, broccoli and ranch dressing
    S: The other half of the bun
    S2: Cookie
    D: Burrito--same as yesterday, but with more guac (had to use up the tub). Last of the meat, but I still have everything else.
    S: Strawberries (x4), pineapple chunks with mint
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Yesterday - closer with the calorie goal but still not quite there:

B: 1 whole egg + 1 egg white, bran cereal with blueberries and almonds, skim milk, coffee

S: mozz. cheese stick with small apple

L: chicken Italian sausage with sauteed watercress and bok choy

S: banana with a bit of pb

pre-workout: Powerbar

90 minutes workout

D: Went wild and sauteed kale, mushrooms, onion, and sweet red pepper in olive oil, also tossed in a roasted skinless chicken breast. Brown rice, skim milk

S: a bit of PB with 2 squares dark chocolate

Calorie goal of 2k - came in close at ~1860 AND I succeeded in keeping the recommended nutritional split. Makes it so much easier not having to worry about net calories - but because of that I need to get better at making that 2k goal on exercise days

I have not had a chance to post for a little less then a week because I was on vacation. (I have not had more then 3 days off in a row in over 6 years..) I visited some family in Florida so I had plenty of baked fish...not fried..although I really wanted to have some fried fish. I only went on 2 runs ( don't know how you guys handle all of that humidity) and went swimming a lot. I will come back later on to post my meals for today. Hope everyone is doing well.

B: wg toast with peanut butter, coffee
    1 banana, 4 strawberries and some raspberries
    L: 2 fried chicken strips, coleslaw
    D: 1 chicken thigh, piece of wg bread, 1 beer

B: Quest protein bar with coffee - I had plans for a smoothie but when the little tab on the lip of my magic bullet cup was missing when I went to blend it, I lost it. I had another 'I'm-sick-of-hobbling-around-and-not-having-both-my-hands available' melt-down and threw my un-blended smoothie (cup and all) in the sink in disgust. I scared the dogs, too. I grabbed the bar and left the house, pissed off. What a lovely way to start the day, no?

S: cinnamon pecan coffee cake (luckily, this is now gone!)
    L: Chicken tortilla soup (sans tortilla) topped with 1/4 oz raw cheddar, chopped cilantro and half an avocado, diced.
    S: apple, fresh strawberries and 1 small slices of uncured summer sausage
    D: unknown - likely a salad from somewhere (eating out).

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    B: Quest protein bar with coffee - I had plans for a smoothie but when the little tab on the lip of my magic bullet cup was missing when I went to blend it, I lost it. I had another 'I'm-sick-of-hobbling-around-and-not-having-both-my-hands available' melt-down and threw my un-blended smoothie (cup and all) in the sink in disgust. I scared the dogs, too. I grabbed the bar and left the house, pissed off. What a lovely way to start the day, no?

S: cinnamon pecan coffee cake (luckily, this is now gone!)
    L: Chicken tortilla soup (sans tortilla) topped with 1/4 oz raw cheddar, chopped cilantro and half an avocado, diced.
    S: apple, fresh strawberries and 1 small slices of uncured summer sausage
    D: unknown - likely a salad from somewhere (eating out).
    How is your support at home doing? Take care of yourself!
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    How is your support at home doing? Take care of yourself!
    Actually, part of the reason I had to leave my unblended smoothie was because my husband had offered to drive me to work and I didn't want to make him late. So he's been REALLY good, actually. Better than I would have thought when this all started.

B: egg whites, goat cheese, turkey, an orange, coffee
    S: 3 dried apricots
    L: Mediterranean chicken salad with lettuce, red peppers, feta cheese, spinach, chicken breast, coffee
    D: blackened tilapia, fresh pineapple salsa, sweet potato, garden salad with oil and vinegar
    2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura