Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 115 of 252 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3767
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

B- cornflakes with fresh raspberries & strawberries with skim milk
    tea with skim milk

Bike ride 22 km. @28 degrees F or so, with stop halfway for zaatar flatbread warmed up, coffee and small hazelnut phyllo pastry at a Middle Eastern bakery

Snack at home
    tea with skim milk
    1/2 flatbread with hummus

Dinner- light noodles lightly sauteed with bok choy & Chinese green cabbage. Side dish with steamed savoury egg custard with sliced beef.

Snack- tea with milk, cashew phyllo roll (finger sized!), some cornflakes with milk (I know, wierd.)
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Sunday is always strange if I go to church, which I did today

B: steel cut oats with 1 scrambled egg white + 1 whole egg; blueberries, a few almonds, skim milk and coffee

L: Powerbar Performance energy bar

90 minutes weights workout

Post-workout snack - Luna Protein bar
    I was still starving, so grabbed a chicken+alfalfa sprout on whole grain bread from the cooler at the gym

D: Pretty much grazed as I traveled here and there. 1 cup salad with a bit of Catalina dressing, 1 tiny roasted skinless chicken breast, 7 roasted garlic asparagus spears, 1 teaspoon peanut butter with 3 small squares dark chocolate, a bit of skim milk. This was all over the course of about 3 hours and two different places.

Still below my calorie goal for today (by a fair amount) but a little better than yesterday

B#1, before planned breakfast ride: bowl of non fat Greek yogurt with whole wheat flakes and blueberries, one cup coffee
    B#2, during ride: 1.5 short stack apple pancakes, piece of ham, half a cup of coffee. DH and I should have split our order, neither of us could finish.
    S: packet of nuts and cranberries
    D: at restaurant, again... it's restaurant week. glass of red wine, small empanada with veggies, grilled salmon, terrine of veggies, 3 slices of fried potatoes, slice of Machengo cheese with quince
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: 2 scrambled egg whites, steel-cut oats with 5 almonds and blueberries, skim milk, coffee
    S: apple, low-fat/skim cheese stick
    L: garlic roasted asparagus, roasted skinless chicken breast, brown rice
    S: banana, 1 tsp PB

D: Wonderful chicken souvlaka (spelling?) with tziki sauce/pita appetizer, Greek green beans and potatoes, a bit of rice, and half a baklava for dessert. It was a wonderful restaurant and while I hardly ever have an appetizer and never have a real dessert, it was a very nice meal.

I did finally made my new calorie target...and went over by roughly 100 calories...but I rarely go out so it was a nice change. Good food, good company

Interestingly enough, I finished the day with roughly the percentages of carbs/protien/fats that my nutritionist wants me to have. Of course you can only approximate what you can track from a restaurant meal, the unknown from dinner was the amount of olive oil...so I approximated when I logged it all.
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-20-2012 at 03:01 AM.

2 dried apricots and 5 almonds before run-walk
    B: turkey breast with melted low ft cheddar over tomatoes, small bowl of whole wheat flakes, 1% milk, blueberries, coffee
    L: left over turkey meatball minestrone
    S: nuts and cranberries
    D: half a slice of Machengo, slice of quince, 3 pieces small veal scallopini, whole wheat cous cous with grape tomatoes and spinach, 2 pieces dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 1 piece of toast with butter, coffee (need to go to the store, no milk, etc.)
    Snack: handful of goldfish crackers at work
    Lunch: Large bowl of beef vege soup (homemade)
    Snack: 2 small cookies (homemade by my boss' wife)
    Dinner: 1 chicken thigh, homemade marinara sauce, small amount of spagetti pasta, 1 glass red wine
    Dessert: piece of mixed fruit pie

5 almonds and 2 dried apricots before strength and core class
    B:egg white omelette with pesto, small bowl of plain Greek yogurt and blueberries, coffee
    L: finished the rest of the turkey meatball minestrone, an apple
    S: packet of nuts and cranberries
    D: piece of Machengo cheese, home made fajitas, with one whole wheat tortilla, chicken, peppers and onions, side of refried black beans, 2 squares dark chocolate, half a glass of red wine.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yesterday:

B: 1 scrambled egg white with 1 whole egg; steel cut oats with a couple of almonds and cranberries + bit of PB, skim milk, coffee
    S: small apple with 1 tsp PB
    L: left over chicken souvlaki, broccoli, brown rice
    S: small banana with 1 tsp PB

Pre-workout snack: Luna bar

1 hour group training class
    30 minute Bosu class

D: roasted skinless chicken breast, left-over garlic-roasted asparagus, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup almonds/dried cranberries/cashews, skim milk

Still below my calorie target for a workout day, but not by too much. Nutritional splits pretty much on target though a little too much protein (supposed to get about 90, this was closer to 111).

B: cereal, strawberries milk, coffee
    Snack - 1 cookie
    L: bowl of beef vege soup
    D: 1 hamburger patty, roasted potatoes, large salad with blue cheese crumbles and vinaigrette dressing, 1 glass red wine

Yesterday:

B: 3 eggs, cheddar
    MS: key lime larabar
    L: grilled chicken cobb salad w/ oil and vinegar
    AS: banana
    D: grilled chicken thigh and salad

today:
    B: three egg omelet with tomato and mushroom, homemade corned beef hash with peppers and potatoes
    L: avocado... not terribly hungry after that late breakfast!
    I'm making pork tenderloin, asparagus, and sauteed greens for dinner.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Today:

B: B: 1 scrambled egg white with 1 whole egg; steel cut oats with a couple of almonds and cranberries, skim milk, coffee
    S: small apple, mozz. cheese stick
    L: Roasted skinless chicken breast, brown rice with mushrooms, broccoli
    S: small banana with a bit of PB

Planned pre-ride snack:
    bowl of bran flakes with nuts and berries - craving this for some reason

Planned 80-90 minute bike ride

D: unsure, perhaps an egg white omelet with mushrooms, onion, salmon and berries for dessert, we will see. Should have a small salad as well with whatever veggies I've in the fridge.

B: 2 egg omelette with lox and onions, an orange, coffee
    24 mile ride, at mile 19 we had lunch at a restaurant
    L: chicken Cobb salad with avocado and blue cheese, 4 oz. gelato
    S: nuts and cranberries
    D: 5 slices of flank steak with chili lime rub, sauteed peppers, salad, 2 squares of chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I ended up making grilled pork tenderloin with swiss chard sauteed with bacon and baked sweet potatoes for my mom and step-dad last night. So heavenly! Now time to break the fast!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

B: 1 piece WG toast, 2 scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, oj, coffee
    L: tortilla chips, salsa, dollop of sour cream
    S: 1/2 pita and red pepper hummus
    D: 2 pieces of homemade pizza, 2 glasses of red wine, large salad with blue cheese crumbles and vinaigrette

I scan this thread often, and I always feel like I eat *a lot* compared to some of you. Here's yesterday:

6:00 am: banana
    6:30 am: 2700 yard swim
    8:00 am: Gu Roctane gel
    8:15 am: 40 minute run
    9:30 am: (breakfast, finally!) 2 eggs, 1 chicken sausage, 2 small slices homemade wholegrain bread with homemade strawberry fig jam
    11:00am: apple
    1:00 pm: (lunch) salad (spinach, mushrooms, carrots, sweet peppers) with balsamic vinegar and topped with 1/2 can of salmon (about 2 oz.), 1/2 medium sweet potato, 1 cup steamed broccoli
    4:00 pm 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
    6:30 pm (dinner) 1/4 of a medium roasted butternut squash with a dash of maple syrup and a sprinkling of unsweetened shaved coconut, kale water-sauteed with mushrooms and garlic, steamed broccoli.

Huh. I ate 7 times yesterday! I guess that's typical for me though, when I have a double workout, like yesterday. If I have just one workout, I eat 6 times.

On the bright side, this WAS within my calorie budget for the day!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592