Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 114 of 252 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Too much

B: 2 scrambled eggs with chicken sausage and marinara, blueberries, coffee
    L: chicken breast and ham slices with melted Mexican cheese, cup of butternut squash soup, an apple
    S: handful of almonds, cranberries, walnuts, piece of Machengo cheese
    D: bad... Mexican restaurant. Pescado Veracruzano (that part was good), about 3/4 of the rice, and half a pitcher of sangria . coffee
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: 3 eggs scrambled with a key lime larabar
    30 mile hill ride (I should have eaten more for breakfast!)
    L: trout with spring mix salad and potato leek hash. meringue and apricot preserves for dessert
    D: brussels sprouts sauteed with bacon, baked sweet potato, sliced london broil
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

rice chex, milk, coffee
    pork chili, rice and beans
    tortilla chips and salsa
    1 tilapia filet sauteed with herbs, roasted potatoes, green beans, 1 glass red wine

B: chicken and ham slices broiled on top of tomatoes, with melted cheddar cheese, blueberries
    L: turkey wrap in a whole wheat tortilla, with avocado and salsa, an apple
    31 mile ride, during which I ate half a Luna bar, half a packet of nuts and cranberries, and one Fig Newton. This is a lot for me to eat, meh, I was starving, and now the balance between fueling for riding and weight maintenance begins.
    S: piece of Machengo cheese, 2 whole wheat pita chips
    D: 7 scallops in a sauce of tomatoes, red wine, garlic, roasted asparagus, and a salad, 2 squares dark chocolate
    S: handful of walnuts and some blueberries
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

2 mile run-walk
    B: sauteed spinach, mushrooms, red pepper, onions, and 2 breakfast chicken sausages, small dish of plain non fat Greek yogurt with blueberries, coffee
    L: curried chicken salad with water chestnuts in a tomato. I forgot my snack, so I didn't eat my apple at lunch and saved it for later.
    S: my apple, in the car
    2.5 mile fast walk in the woods with a 13 y/o client
    D: flank steak with peppercorns and cognac sauce, green beans, hearts of palm on lettuce, home made vinaigrette, 2 squares dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Guess I'm the only one posting here?
    B: almonds and dried apricots before weights and core class, 2 egg omelette, Mexican cheese, green chili salsa, an orange, coffee
    L: left over curried chicken salad, an apple
    S: coffee, packet of nuts and cranberries
    D: 2 pieces of Machengo cheese and 2 whole wheat pita chips
    chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, fresh tarragon, Greek yogurt, turnips, salad, 2 pieces dark chocolate, glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

B: 2.5 slices of whole wheat raisin French toast, 2 chicken apple breakfast sausage, coffee
    S: piece of Machengo cheese
    L: 2 lettuce wraps with chicken, re-fried black beans, salsa, and cup of tomato soup
    15.5 mile windy, cold, and fast ride
    S: nuts, cranberries, and dried apricots
    D: 2 thin pork chops with chili rub, roasted Brussel sprouts, stir fried fennel with Parmesan, 2 squares dark chocolate, glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Ok, I am supposed to start adding around 400 calories on days I DON'T exercise I can do this...and I did promise to give this a 6-week trial.

Today:

B: bran flakes with skim milk, 6 almonds & a few raisins. 3 scrambled egg whites and coffee
    S: Cliff bar
    L: homemade black bean soup, a small roasted chicken breast and one slice Ezekial bread
    S: small apple + 1 tbls peanut butter

D? I've no idea, headed to something at church where there will be a pitch-in following. Hopefully there will be some veggies as I've not had any of those yet today

I had:
    BK
    coffee and oatmeal

Lunch
    Cheese sandwich and water

Dinner
    Pizza and Beer

It's Friday!
    OldWhatsHerName

Specializing in kicking high with my fitness shoes.

yesterday: (I skipped Thursday, I think, and now I can't remember)
    B: egg white "pizza", with egg whites, organic marina, 1 chicken sausage, low fat cheddar, an orange, coffee
    L: cup of tomato soup, left over turkey burger patty, cole slaw, an apple
    S: nuts and cranberries
    D: (restaurant) ceviche appetizer with tuna, scallops on a bed of spinach, a few plantain strips (fried), 2 glasses red wine.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Today:

B: egg whites + 1 whole egg omelet with a bit of smoked salmon, mushrooms and non-fat ricotta cheese, 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread, skim milk, coffee

80 minute bike ride

L: roasted skinless chicken, asparagus, 1 slice Ezekiel bread
    S: Luna bar
    D: roasted skinless chicken, asparagus, broccoli, brown rice. 1 beer

Calorie wise I am still under by about 600 from the target I was given for ride days - and only 100 more than has been my custom to take in. While I will have a snack before bed it won't be that large. It is going to take a little time and consideration to change my diet in the way that I've been advised - you would think it wouldn't be a problem to eat MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Today:

B: egg whites + 1 whole egg omelet with a bit of smoked salmon, mushrooms and non-fat ricotta cheese, 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread, skim milk, coffee

80 minute bike ride

L: roasted skinless chicken, asparagus, 1 slice Ezekiel bread
    S: Luna bar
    D: roasted skinless chicken, asparagus, broccoli, brown rice. 1 beer

Calorie wise I am still under by about 600 from the target I was given for ride days - and only 100 more than has been my custom to take in. While I will have a snack before bed it won't be that large. It is going to take a little time and consideration to change my diet in the way that I've been advised - you would think it wouldn't be a problem to eat MORE...
    Catrin, if you're used to eating a certain way, it's hard to change your habits--this goes for eating too little as well as eating too much! For the last couple months, I haven't been eating enough to fuel workouts. Now that I'm actually riding again, I end up draining my fuel reserves and then going overboard when dinner rolls around, which isn't good for me or my wallet because there's a good chance that I'm too lazy/tired to make dinner, so I head to Chipotle...to the point that I've gained a few pounds this month, though I can put some of that down to stress and slightly too much beer. Somehow I still haven't learned to back off while riding. But the speed is fun!
    Last edited by Owlie; 03-17-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Indeed Owlie, that is true...and that includes changing my food budget Well, this is rather important - and they convinced me that I won't lose my remaining extra body fat until my body has enough intake on all days. I understand the science but it still seems odd that I need to eat more in order to change my body composition. At this point I don't really care about losing - but upping my lean muscle mass. Thankfully my actual diet is fine from what they tell me.

I like Chipotle, but yeah, it is easy to over-do it there and it isn't all that inexpensive...

2 dried apricots and 5 almonds
    2 mile run-walk

Brunch: 2 egg omelette with green chili salsa, 3 slices turkey bacon, half an orange, coffee

Snack/lunch: small bowl of Greek non fat yogurt, blueberries, nuts and cranberries, one slice whole wheat bread with soy nut butter
    24 mile ride
    S: piece of Machengo cheese and 2 whole wheat pita rounds
    D: turkey meatballs stuffed with fennel seed in a minestrone soup made with spinach and kidney beans, tomatoes, low salt chicken broth, salad, glass of red wine, 2 squares dark chocolate.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Indeed Owlie, that is true...and that includes changing my food budget Well, this is rather important - and they convinced me that I won't lose my remaining extra body fat until my body has enough intake on all days. I understand the science but it still seems odd that I need to eat more in order to change my body composition. At this point I don't really care about losing - but upping my lean muscle mass. Thankfully my actual diet is fine from what they tell me.

I like Chipotle, but yeah, it is easy to over-do it there and it isn't all that inexpensive...
    Most of the time it's not too bad because I can get two meals out of a burrito. But on hard-ride days, I tend to inhale the things!

Yesterday:
    B: Bagel with cream cheese and coffee (with half a packet of hot cocoa mix stirred into it because they ran out of sugar )
    L: Roast beef sandwich, can of Coke.
    Fast 26-mile ride (~1 oz beef jerky, a whole tube of Shot Bloks, water)
    1% milk mixed with mocha protein drink, two chocolate-covered cookies.
    3 pieces chicken left over from Thursday.

Today:
    B: Skipped it because of last-minute packing
    L: Chicken sandwich with lettuce and onions, yellow and orange bell pepper strips dipped in jalapeno hummus, and low-salt potato chips. A banana.
    S: Pita chips with cilantro chutney, 2 very thin slices of orange-cranberry-almond pound cake.
    D: I think it's going to be beef curry, potatoes, cauliflower with tomato sauce and something else. I don't know what that is, though.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...