Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 252 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

hi shootingstar,

i make the dessert myself, so I don't add as much sugar as the outside versions. If it were just for myself i'll use even less, probably skip the rock sugar, but for the whole family i need to do it normally. I seldom make it coz it can be pretty sweet.

here we fry the bittergourd with egg. and its very good. its good to drink raw bittergourd juice.

for herbal soup, I just boil a piece of pork with the chinese herbs, it was... a packaged box of herbs from the medicall hall... I dunno what they are called individually but this combination was for the liu wei qing bu tang - or the six flavour cooling tonic soup... then i add some chinese wolfberries at the end.

but to cut a long story short, i got side-tracked on my run and met some friends at a eating place and had some mutton satays instead. so i didn't have my dinner as stated.. hehhe...

bad bad eating out here in Singapore..
    Last edited by deeaimond; 10-18-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Egg sandwich
    1/2 granola bar
    Slice of cheese
    1/2 turkey club and cup of soup
    handful (or two) of candy corn . . . .

I think I need to get my veggies in yet.

Saturday:
    Breakfast: Cereal and banana
    Lunch: burrito with beef, rice, beans, salsa
    Dinner: Pasta (egg noodles) with chicken stroganoff; glass of wine
    Dessert: Small bit of ice cream

Sunday:
    Breakfast: Toast and peanut butter
    Lunch: Leftover pasta and chicken stroganoff
    Snack: 1 Beer
    Dinner: Piece of ham steak, roasted sweet potatoes, green peas, glass of wine
    Dessert : Large bowl of ice cream!

I pigged out this weekend; need to tone it down a bit!

spoke

A more balanced day on tap -

B: Bob's Red Mill Muesli & coffee w/ goat's milk
    S: more coffee
    L: a huge container of mixed steamed veggies and an apple
    S: baby carrots & a homemade lowfat oatmeal cc cookie
    D: psuedo chicken pot pie with either a salad or sauteed zucchini on the side
    S: possibly another one of those cookies
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

B: Cereal
    S: Fiber one bar
    L: Small serving of pork and rice
    S: Apple and almonds
    D: Chicken and a salad

Boy looking at this I really need to eat more veggies. I did have some celery but I don't count that. Maybe I will have some red peppers too.

PB toast and coffee
    Banana
    Swiss cheese and pesto sandwich with Sun Chips
    Lentils, rice, cabbage, and onions with bread on the side
    Waiting to dive into a Beverly Hills chocolate cake after my kids go to sleep

Yesterday:
    B: peanut m&ms and orange juice
    L: herbal soup and leftover salmon fried rice
    D: Instant noodles w/ bittergourd and shrimp
    Dessert: oatmeal waffle with chocolate ice-cream

Today:
    B: Oatmeal waffle and coffee
    L: coconut rice w beansprouts, egg, some fried peanuts and anchovies
    S: prawn noodles in broth
    D: Sweet Sour pork and rice, tofu bittergourd soup

I need to buy some apples... I ran out..

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Are apples in Singapore expensive?
    A Filipino woman told me they were in her country because the Philippines does not grow apples. We forget what is ordinary fruit to us, is more "extraordinary" naturally/locally elsewhere in the world. I had a Malaysian roommate who once tried to sneak past Customs, 6-lbs. of fresh cherries at the aiport from Canada when she went back to Malyasia to visit. No, her cherries were confiscated.
    Yesterday was haywire eating, due to all-day planning session/meeting at hotel plus another lecture elsewhere in evening: both meetings on cycling. Thankfully did bike 36 kms. in total for 2 different meeting places! :

Yesterday
    B (at home): oatmeal with skim milk, tea with skim milk, 1/2 of fresh dragonfruit
    B (at meeting after arriving by bike): 1 grapefruit juice, 2 slices of sweet coffee bread, 4 small slices of pineapple, melon and coffee
    lunch: multi-grain roll, tossed green and tomato salad, abit of bean salad, small slice of chicken breast with gravy, steamed baby veggies, slice of baked macroni, cheese and rice. 3 little desserts. Coffee. (Yea, tried nearly everything. Lunch was catered with cyclists in mind...somewhat.)
    Supper: very small square from dearie's thin-crusted fresh tomato, spinach & mozarella cheese pizza.

at least 3 more cups of coffee and tea with milk, I didn't include in above list.

Today:
    14 kms. morning bike ride
    B- oatmeal with skim milk, tea, fresh prune plums
    Snacks - 1 freshly baked pretzel and coffee
    banana, tea with milk
    small slice of cheese & rye cracker
    a pear
    Supper- linguine with clams, tomatoes, onions, abit of pepper, onions and garlic. Kohlrabi dish was postponed until later this wk.
    tea with milk
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-21-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

We import all our food, so prices in general are similar to the US. But we get food from EVERYWHERE. I get apples from the US, China, South Africa, Australia. Not a locavore obviously. But we don't grow food. Good apples are still more affordable and easy to find because of the quantities brought in. All fruit actually, similar to prices in the US these days. In Singapore at least.

B: wanton noodle in broth, black coffee
    S: chinese pear, rice kueh
    L: noodles in prawn broth, with 1 and half cups of blanched cauliflower and green beans
    S: rice kueh, coffee
    post-run snack: apple
    D: rice vermicelli in fish head soup

I think many of you TErs must be wondering about all these strange things I eat, its local stuff, and if anyone is ever interested I'll explain any of these items to everyone. We have great food here!

this week I'm involved in a marking exercise for a national exam, so no time for breakfast at home. I'll go back to more 'normal' food when i return to my regular schedule.

Today:
    B: half a glass of oj, 2 cups of coffee, low salt ham sandwich, with low fat cheddar slice on a whole wheat bagel. strawberries
    snack: Luna Bar, 20 oz. bottle of Accelerade, water on a fairly hilly 35 mile ride
    L: about a cup and a half of left over whole grain angel hair pasta with marinara sauce, half a grapefruit.
    Dinner will be very thin pork chops with a spicy rub and mango-mint salsa.

B- Rolled oats with raisins, milk and honey, coffee

B2-Whole wheat English muffin with Neufchatel cream cheese, apple cider

L-Mac and cheese and peas

S-a banana and some pumpernickel prezels

D-Thai restaurant--"Shrimp in the pot," rice, and pumpkin custard for dessert

I'm not done yet. I need some more fruit, and maybe some nuts.

B: Glass of water and a slice of pizza (we were out of milk.)
    L: More pizza.
    S: Cream soda, a couple of mint milanos
    D: Soup. I think dessert will be a honeycrisp apple.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Thurs.
    48 kms. of riding --divided over 3 different times of day & evening.
    B- oatmeal with milk, tea with skim milk. Fresh pear
    Snack- coffee with milk, almond biscotti
    slice of rosemary olive oil bread and cheese
    Supper- brown rice with cooked in egg white & Chinese sausage (ate at 3:00 pm). Tea with milk.
    Snack-- small portion of homemade green bean & tomato salad marinated in balsamic vinegar, oil. Tea with milk. Some plums

Fri.
    no bike riding
    Same breakfast but with banana
    Snack - Grapes. tea and milk.
    Same bread but no cheese.
    Supper at restaurant: minestrone soup
    cheese tortellini with pesto and tomato sauce
    tiramasu (real deal, not half-hearted stuff)
    1 glass of water, 2 coffees with milk
    Snack- 1/2 dragonfruit

Today
    38 kms. bike ride
    B. -oatmeal with milk, 1/2 dragonfruit, tea with milk
    Snack- grape foccacia slice with coffee & milk
    4 small shrimp dim sum, tea with milk
    banana & grapes
    Supper- homemade chicken soup with Chinese green mustard veggie (gai choy) & noodle. To ward off a ticklish cold in throat.
    homemade bean & tomato salad as last Thurs.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-24-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

deeaimond - I'd be interested in knowing what 'rice kueh' is??

We eat out a LOT lately, my honey's mom is dealing with inoperable bladder cancer so our schedules are all over the place, we grab a meal together whenever we can. I've started asking for a box when my meal is served and put half of it in there first thing. The other thing has been to eat a couple of bites and then set my fork down, we chat more and I don't feel like I'm wolfing my food down. Side benefit...I feel full before I've finished half a meal.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    deeaimond - I'd be interested in knowing what 'rice kueh' is??

We eat out a LOT lately, my honey's mom is dealing with inoperable bladder cancer so our schedules are all over the place, we grab a meal together whenever we can. I've started asking for a box when my meal is served and put half of it in there first thing. The other thing has been to eat a couple of bites and then set my fork down, we chat more and I don't feel like I'm wolfing my food down. Side benefit...I feel full before I've finished half a meal.
    Thats actually a great idea.. I did the same thing too today!! (and I always do that when I'm in the US, portions are HUGE)

Rice Kueh - Kueh (pronounced Kway) is a malay/local word for cake, as in a sweet dessert cake. rice kuehs are made of rice flour, mixed with various colours, flavours and liquids, then steamed. The end result is a fragrant, dense, soft, chewy confection, not very sweet... kinda like... actually I can't think of anything american thats like that. Sometimes they use other flours, or mashed root vegetables such as tapioca or sweet potato.. then its something else- kueh.

Today
    B: red bean bun, thosai (indian crepe), black coffee
    L: 1/2 portion of chicken rice, with 1pc fried chicken (I was on a ride and that was all there was....)
    L2: spinach tofu soup, with some liver...
    D: rest of the soup + l bowl melon
    S: 5 milk cookies w hot cocoa