Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 103 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

Crankin - congratulations on being able to snow shoe! My body is asking for something different to do...but with the weather we've been having all I can do is to ride outside/inside, or go hiking...I can't run and I won't learn how to swim (and my new gym doesn't have a pool anyway, but that isn't a problem).

It was nice to do something different, albeit, right in my own neighborhood!
    We are going cross country skiing today (about an hour away in southern NH), and who knows when we'll be doing that again, as tomorrow and the next few days will be almost 50 degrees and rainy. Hoping the rain will not reach north of here, so we will still have the possibility of going further north or west next Saturday and ski.
    I know this is the food thread, but I can't seem to separate my exercise from eating. I had my first piece of bread this morning, in 2 weeks, in preparation for some good climbing today.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: 1 piece coffee cake, coffee
    3 hours tennis
    L: late, 1 piece of pizza
    D: bowl of beef vege soup, onions, carrots, cabbage, beef, carrots, green beans, red potatoes; 1 piece of WG bread, 1 glass red wine
    1 pumpkin custard

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    It was nice to do something different, albeit, right in my own neighborhood!
    We are going cross country skiing today (about an hour away in southern NH), and who knows when we'll be doing that again, as tomorrow and the next few days will be almost 50 degrees and rainy. Hoping the rain will not reach north of here, so we will still have the possibility of going further north or west next Saturday and ski.
    I know this is the food thread, but I can't seem to separate my exercise from eating. I had my first piece of bread this morning, in 2 weeks, in preparation for some good climbing today.
    I can't separate the two either, one informs the other...

I did make chicken salad for dinner last night as I speculated and put the chicken salad over salad greens (no other dressing required), finished off the half of the apple that didn't get chopped into the chicken salad, and two small glasses of beer.

The Machengo cheese is fine, but a bit mild for my taste. Currently trying a Wisconsin sharp white cheddar from Trader Joe's, and also picked up some good smoked Gouda (which I love). I will try another imported cheese once I've gone through these.

B: egg whites and one egg scramble with 3 slices Canadian bacon, one piece of whole wheat "small slice" toast with margerine
    L: (after 2.4 hours of x country skiing) half a sandwich with soy nut butter, bowl of butternut squash/apple soup, half a packet of nuts and cranberries
    S: piece of low fat Gouda cheese, 2 whole wheat pita rounds
    D: scallops, baked and then broiled with parmesan over a bed of spinach, with sauteed zucchini, one piece of chocolate, glass of red wine
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yesterday:
    Bowl of cereal, tea with sugar and half and half
    Half a roast beef sandwich from Panera (beef, cheese, lettuce, red onion, tomato, horseradish sauce), and a cup of broccoli-cheddar soup, Dr. Pepper
    Cheese (Cotswold, and Red Dragon) on whole wheat toast, water.

I keep forgetting that calories (or a deficit thereof) carry over to the next day. It seems like dinner on Friday night wasn't adequate (not enough protein, I guess?) I went to the mall and my head was spinning by the time I left, even though I ate breakfast.

Today:
    Bowl of cereal, tea with sugar and half and half
    30 minutes on the trainer
    Tortilla chips and salsa, the entirety of a chocolate bar (one of the thin flat ones, so probably not as bad as it could have been!)
    3 meatballs, 1/3 c (dry) brown rice, and a salad. 1 inch-square piece of baklava and a large apple for dessert.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

B: bowl of shredded wheat, strawberries, 1% milk, coffee
    L: rice with italian sausage turkey, tomato sauce, mushrooms, yellow peppers and onions
    D: same as lunch
    dessert - pumpkin pie with whipped cream

B: 5 slices turkey breast (Boar's Head) and half a cup of cottage cheese with almonds, half a cup of whole wheat flakes with 1% milk, blueberries, coffee
    L: homemade chicken salad with Greek yogurt, cranberries, walnuts
    S: slice of whole wheat bread and soy nut butter
    D: one piece of veal (like the really little and thin kind) sauteed in olive oil with melted fresh parmesan, stir fried pepper and mushrooms, salad with goat cheese and almonds, fig dressing, piece of dark chocolate and half a Cara cara orange
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I have no idea what's up with my body today. I actually ate dinner last night. I ate breakfast. I ate lunch. I had a snack. I was starving by the time I got home. I had another snack. It took me another two hours to get dinner ready. I'd think it was lack of sleep, if I didn't already know that lack of sleep has the opposite effect...

B: 16oz of tea with sugar and half-and-half. Large-ish bowl of cereal with 1% milk
    L: Brown rice mix, with almonds, honey-Dijon chicken, broccoli and pomegranate seeds
    S: Peanut butter M&Ms
    S2: Hot chocolate, square of baklava
    D: 6 coconut-crusted chicken fingers (I was getting tired of meatballs and rice) with sweet chili sauce, an apple
    3 chocolate digestives.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

B: 1 egg, 1 piece wg toast, oj, coffee
    Snack: 1 banana
    Lunch: bowl of beef vege soup (homemade), 1 brownie
    Dinner: 1/2 rainbow trout filet with mushroom prosecco sauce, rice pilaf with pumpkin seeds and veges, sauteed green and yellow summer squash, 1 very small piece of wg bread with artichoke hummus, 1 glass prosecco

B: egg whites and one egg omelette with Mexican cheese and salsa, 3 slices of turkey bacon, coffee
    L: finished the home made chicken salad and ate half an apple
    D: one boneless chicken breast with provencal sauce (plum tomatoes, onions, thyme, olives, mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil), brown rice. DH made a salad of sliced tomato and fresh mozzarella, which probably wasn't good for me, but tasted great. One glass of red wine, one square of dark chocolate.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

tonight pan seared rock cod with pan roasted carrots, steamed broccoli, seared oyster mushroom, and herbed mashed potato. quick and easy. wedge of lemon for the rock cod.

simple quick and good.

B: 1 chobani greek yogurt (peach)
    L: 1 bowl of beef vege soup
    1 orange
    D: salami and cheese sammy on one piece wg bread, glass of prosecco

B: low fat/no salt cottage cheese with blueberries, almonds, cranberries, 4 slices low salt deli ham with melted Havarti, 2 cups tea
    L: salad with romaine, goat cheese, red pepper, turkey, cup of sweet potato soup
    S: pack of nuts and cranberries
    D: swordfish with a stir fry mix of whole wheat soba noodles, bean sprouts, red pepper and mushrooms in a sherry/ginger sauce
    1 piece dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Time to come clean . . . eat clean that is.

B: Ezekiel Bread toast with egg+egg white, Blueberry Coffee (yummo!)
    L: UM Shake and a salad
    S: Greek Yogurt+PB
    D: Mexican Salad (lots of greens, spicy black beans, salsa)
    ES: Green Smoothie

Munchies: 10 almonds, mini raisin pack, veggies, 1 90% Chocolate square
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog