Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 252 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

B: slice of bread with cheese. banana. Tea with milk
    S. apple danish and coffee. OK bad. And didn't even cycle today.
    snack: small slice of brie cheese.
    Tangerine
    Supper: sauteed red pepper, beet greens and gai lan. (below is only beet greens, pic from another day.) over pasta. With steamed salmon fillet on side with fresh ginger root, green onion and garlic. There's only 1/2 tsp. of soy sauce and 1/8 tsp. of oil, but steam condensing into water, makes it look like alot of soy sauce....but it's watered down abit.

The fish you place in a pot of water about 1 inch deep or more. Boil water and bring down heat to medium. Steam cooks fish. This piece took about 15 min. or less.

Finished meal with grapes and tea with milk.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-17-2009 at 02:57 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

B: bowl of cereal with 1% milk
    L: Half a PB&J and an apple. I should had more...
    Between-class caffeine boost: peppermint latte from Starbucks
    D: spaghetti tossed with a quarter of an onion (sliced!), two chopped roma tomatoes, Italian sausage, spinach, garlic and parsley. And there are leftovers!
    A small bowl of cereal and a mint Milano cookie for dessert.
    And there is likely to be a cup of tea or coffee tonight. (DBF is studying for an exam...)

B: Cereal
    L: missed it.
    S: pumpkin spice latte...which sadly tasted like someone had cleaned out a still in a chem lab and mixed the resulting goo with some water and sugar. Most of a Pay Day.
    D: Grab bag night ("what can I make with what I have in the fridge?"): It ended up being a sort of chicken curry with basmati rice and wilted spinach. Served with a large glass of cold water with a squirt of lime juice. Mint milanos for dessert.

-peanut butter toast and coffee
    -pizza for lunch
    -pre-ride (20 mile) snack was 6 crackers with cheese and red pepper
    -dinner was a fabulous brown rice, cabbage, onion, quorn "chicken" stiry fry made by the hubby
    -I am currently enjoying a giant glass of shiraz

Yesterday -

B: Kashi hot cereal and coffee
    S: coffee and a cinnamon chip scone
    L: sliced chicken breast on whole grain bread with a couple of leaves of spinach
    S: none
    D: 3/4ths of a thin crust large veggie pizza & 1/2 of a cinnapie (Papa Johns)!

I was moaning in pain in bed last night and today I'm eating NOTHING but fruits and veggies. I don't know why I did that, but boy, am I paying for it.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I had tea for breakfast and that's all. I just wasn't feeling like eating this morning. I had a black bean and rice burrito for lunch with some beef, tomatoes, green salsa, and guacamole. I also had a Coke. I'm not proud, but it did taste mighty fine.

At 3pm I'm scheduled to have an apple.

Tonight I'll have some leftover chicken with potatoes and carrots that I cooked up last night. I think I'll have a salad, too. And since there's still ice cream in the freezer, I'll likely have a bit of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    So Far today:

Breakfast: English muffin with peanut butter; cup of coffee
    a couple hours of tennis
    Lunch: Bowl of my homemade ham and split pea soup

But, I'm really hungry today; so I'm not sure how good I'm going to be the rest of the day?

I'm cooking up a big piece of london broil to make into burritos tonight. Hope I can make it with just a small snack till dinner; I have 2 more hours of tennis to play this evening.
    I managed to hold myself to two handfuls of walnuts day before yesterday for a SNACK and had my quite large taco (beef, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce) for dinner with rice and whole pinto beans

YESTERDAY:
    Breakfast: carrot cake muffin with cream cheese frosting; coffee and orange juice
    LUNCH - 3/4s of a large chicken burrito with enchilada sauce; water
    DINNER - Two hours of tennis; two glasses of wine and some rice chips/pretzels (yes, I was very very bad!) But the socalization was really fun.

a croissant and a coffee

some grapes

a rye sandwich with homemade jam

liquorice (the salty kind)

stir fry with chicken.

too much coffee during the day.

Really do have not-so-good meals. Anyway:

B- oatmeal with milk, tea with milk, tangerine
    Snack/Lunch -coffee with milk, a..apricot danish
    Snack- sourdough bread slice with small slice of brie

Supper- Chinese restaurant large seafood soup with light noodles, mushroom and wood ear fungus. (This is just part of the tree mushroom/fungus family. To me, there's not much taste. It's a textural thing which we had back in childhood also.)
    Premium jasimine dragon well tea..this is expensive stuff @ $90.00 /lb. I only have it in teapot @$4.00. smells like a flowering jasmine bush. Soooooo soooothing.
    Green tea ice cream.

Cycled homeward...like a happy, bloated fishbowl rolling out into the night sea. But 3 hrs. later ..just fine.

Tomorrow must amp up on veggie.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-16-2009 at 09:16 PM.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter and black coffee
    Snack: Banana
    Lunch: Cabbage and Quorn "chicken"
    Snack: Crackers and cheese
    Dinner: (2) Salmon tacos on small corn tortillas with cabbage and sauce made from salsa and vegenaise, rice, corn, and a delicious microbrewed mocha porter.

Not a great day!

Breakfast: Shredded wheat and strawberries
    Snack: Goldfish
    Lunch Hamburger and French fries
    Dinner Salad with olive oil and parmesan toast

b: frosted mini wheats

s:Fig Newton during my mtn bike ride

L: Tokyo Joes: Rice Bowl with chicken and veggies

D: Cooking some chicken right now.

Friday -

B: coffee with goats milk, glass of apple cider
    L: apple
    D: snacked on tortilla chips, hummus, crackers and cut veggies while drinking an espresso martini & half a margarita.

Today -
    B: coffee w goats milk, whole grain english muffin with PB
    L: a few sweet potato fries
    D: chicken tortilla soup and some chips with queso
    S: low fat oatmeal choc chip cookies

Man, I've had three fantabulous days in a row now, huh?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

i'm gonna start joining in this one...

B: half a cinnamon raisin bagel and plain black coffee
    L: fried rice (brown rice, salmon, corn, green beans)
    S: chocolate ice cream w peanuts... 1/2 cup
    S: white fungus dessert (a sweet chinese dessert soup i cooked over a charcoal fire, it does not sound as gross as u imagine, the white fungus is just a mushroom variety thats white and crunchy, like wood ear fungus, its cooked with barley, red dates and honey dates, dried longans, some rock sugar)
    D: rice with bittergourd, spinach, fried liver, and chinese herbal soup...

Today's Sunday so i get to cook all day!!

i look at what some of you eat... so little!!! how??!!!

edit: I just ate the other half of that bagel. I have yet to have that dinner but i want to go for a run first...and i'm hungry, so bagel, and then run and then come back for dinner. I have a weight loss goal to attain!! (but i didn't sign up for the weight loss challenge coz i never keep to it... sigh...)
    Last edited by deeaimond; 10-18-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Deeiamond: One day will try the white fungus dessert. Presumably there is considerable sugar or honey in it since the fungus is pretty neutral by itself.

Fu gwa (bittergourd) I had 2 yrs. ago or so. Tastes good if properly stir-fried with beef or chicken, shitake mushrooms. Very high in a particular nutrient that some medical researchers are looking into extracting/examining possible use for drug therapy. My mother prepared it several times annually.
    http://food.oregonstate.edu/glossary/b/bittermelon.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum (Article on veg having properties to lower blood suggar. Just type in "bitter melon" in this db to get list of references.)

What is your version of the herbal soup for supper?

Yesterday:
    B- oatmeal with milk, tea, tangerine
    Snack - coffee with milk, biscotti
    Snack/Lunch (?)- slice of sourdough bread with brie cheese slice
    Snack- shrimp dim sum (har gow), tea with milk

Supper- mixed salad with carrots, lettuce, brocoli, etc. with homemade vineagrette dressing. With roasted red beets on side sprinkled with small amount of feta and..raclette cheese. We were trying it out...
    Tea with milk

Today:
    B-oatmeal with milk, 2 fresh prune plums, tea with milk
    I don't what else, but supper must be shrimp with stir-fried veggies and buckwheat noodles since fresh shrimp must be prepared today.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-18-2009 at 08:01 AM.