Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 124 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1989

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I was carrying a LOT of weight (3 glass containers of food, a u-lock, a thermos of coffee, my purse, clothing and shoes and a water bottle!) and on a heavy bike, but my effort felt easier than the last time I did it and my time was faster. Maybe I'm finally getting back into shape? Or maybe I just got lucky and hit mostly green lights!
    You might have had a tailwind. How was the ride home?
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Quote Originally Posted by Melalvai View Post
    You might have had a tailwind. How was the ride home?
    The ride home was awesome, too! I actually timed it this time and biking takes me only 10 minutes longer than driving.

I had plans to commute today as well but my back was too sore when I woke up. I think I might have over done it in Pilates last night. Oops.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Man, it was cold yesterday. I had on the wrong gloves and my fingers were freezing. It was pretty windy, too. I really had to force myself to ride, but as always, I'm glad I did it.

On the way home I outran a chasing dog. Nothing makes me faster than the sound of nails on pavement. It was a loose dog, but a man on the path was able to grab him until I got past, but then the dog broke free. If that guy hadn't been there to slow him down, it would have been an issue, so I was really lucky.

The rest of the ride was with a sweet tail wind, so everything ended well.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Yesterday, I think I lost 40 calories alone, just from minor stress of cycling in the dark to work with a headwind and wondering if I would hit an black ice patch somewhere.
    Then later I heard there was freezing drizzle in morning...which melted off by the time I finished work.

Today was nicer but still at freezing. At least dry.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Yay- first two-way commute since the fall (I had 2 days when my husband needed our car and he dropped me off in the morning - I rode home. I really dislike getting up early in the dark and cold, and have to leave my house at 6:30 am to be at work and cleaned up by 7:30. So I basically skip commuting from November until late Feb or March, and then we have a 2 week break. It's still just once a week, usually Fridays, but I enjoy it, especially right now when the weather is perfect here.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Today is the one of those days where everything comes together.... beautiful morning (55, sunny, calm), headed for 70-ish on the way home, and just dropped the bike for tune-up so it should ride like new on the way home (well maybe not that nice, but between a new chain/cassette/hub service, it will be a world of difference-- the winter chain was getting pretty rough and it needed the cassette last fall but I didn't feel like subjecting a new cassette to winter grime...)

Now if the pedestrians/dogs/roller bladers/small children would just stay inside on this beautiful afternoon and off the MUP, it'd be awesome

Yesterday was wet in the morning, just puddles, no rain, but cold and raw. Then it was supposed to be warm with a south wind (tail wind) for my ride back. Well that didn't happen. It stayed from the headwind direction, making it a real slog back. Not the best commute, but I earned brownie points for doing it.

I saw the fast group from my lbs's ride, and there were just 3 of them, so really not a great day for riding.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

My first commute to work for 2013 today...and I feel Greatt!!!.. My Old school 10 speed steel Schwinn was desperate to hit the roads. It used to take me almost 50-60 minutes to get to work when I first started commuting last year an each time I got to work or returned home , I was almost dead and soo freaking exhausted. I better my time and endurance a few months later so before the cold weather arrived I went down to 35-40 minutes one way ...thats for roughly 8 miles each way if I take the same route, but sometimes going back home I take the long way to score a few more miles so ussually the round trip is about 18-19 miles. Well ...today I made it to work in 28 minutes and not even pushing it ,just at my comfort pace...yay!!...Its unbelievable!. I feel so happy!! . I just wish it stops raining here in Indy... I just can't afford to ride in the rain...I am just coming out from a bad cold. At least it is going to be sunny and dry for the next 3 days..hopefully!

Love Never Fails
    2012 Giant Revel 1 -MTB
    2013 Giant Defy 5 - RB(Commute/Easy Rides) "Trooper"
    2012 Diamondback Response XE MTB (my son's)

13' FUJI SUPREME 1.3C (Selle Italia Diva/Easton EC70 SL) "My Girl"

I could see my shadow in front of me. I stared at it, puzzled. Something was different. Then I noticed the breeze in my hair and the lightness of my head. For the first time in probably 7 years, I had forgotten my helmet and it had taken me half the trip to work to notice! (That's about 3 minutes.) I finished my commute and asked my husband to drop off my helmet when he was downtown running errands.

I haven't done that since around 2006.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

So I actually rode to school this morning. It was probably a little warm for the windbreaker, but I like it because it's traffic cone orange. I forgot water. (Oops.) I also forgot that while school and my apartment are at roughly the same elevation, there's a dip in the middle, and I could either take the long, shallow climb out or the steep one. The steep one is more dangerous, road-wise, so I took the shallow one. My legs are killing me, and I had to walk part of it. On my roadie with nothing on it, I probably would have been fine. I'm definitely not used to riding hills or carrying extra weight. Riding yesterday and not eating much didn't help, I don't think. Ah well. There was free breakfast afterward.

And today was the best "reason" to get a tablet ever--my laptop weighs a ton, and I'd rather ride with less backpack. I should probably get a rack and bungee cords.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

My commute today was non-existant. There is a rather large forest fire and the smoke was incredibly thick. Too thick to ride and breathe. Darn it! I have logged 220 miles so far this month and was really trying to break 300. Group ride cancelled as well.
    commuter: a Giant Sedona '97
    road: Giant OCR c3 '08 | 105/Ultegra
    lusting a Sweet Pea A-line for when DH sweeps me out to sea

Happy to reinstate my "commute" Rolled the bikes out the front door, rode 13 miles and rolled them in the back door It could also be called an office meeting as the DH and I discussed business most of the ride. Very grateful to have the opportunity to ride to work and plan to do so a few times a week. Going to be over 100 degrees for the next five days so the morning commute is looking like the perfect option
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

I caught almost all the light green today. Took me less than a half hour for a nine mile commute. Awesome!
    commuter: a Giant Sedona '97
    road: Giant OCR c3 '08 | 105/Ultegra
    lusting a Sweet Pea A-line for when DH sweeps me out to sea

The digital temp on the high school sign read 104 as I rode home tonight. Admittedly it runs a little high, catching heat off the building I think. But I'm catching heat off the road so we're even.

The morning ride is great, though. Temps are in the mid 60s lately and I can almost imagine a hint of fall
    Road bike: Specialized Ruby Comp (2011)
    Commuter: Salsa Vaya (2012)

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    It was a nice break. I'm currently working from home because the electrical system is badly damaged at our work site building due to the major flood.

Cycled over to a meeting. Simple, peaceful. Met a bunch of employees stationed temporarily at a undamaged work site. They wondered how I got there by bike. It's only a 25 min. ride.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.