Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 97 of 133 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1989

To disable ads, please log-in.

Found out today that the ideal north-south road on my bike commute will be closed from next Monday until sometime in August. I have a week to find another good way to get to work.

And leave it to the DOT, they put the big flashing sign up completely blocking the bike lane. Parked in it, you could say.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Woohoo! The best thing about being stuck behind a garbage truck is if the guy working the back is really cute and extremely friendly Gonna have to remember to leave late on Wednesdays from now on.

Perfect commutes today. No complaints.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Goggles! That's what I'm missing!! :P
    Chilly ride in this morning - we had an eclipse this morning (Blood moon!!) That I had hoped to get a good view of, left the house in a rush so that I'd have a good vantage point AND.. Cloudy.
    No moon for Ed

But leaving in a rush also meant that I've left my keys at home - which has my locker key on it.
    Thank goodness I had left clothes out throughout the week - I'm wearing a pair of week old jeans (pulled out yesterday to come home for a wash.. whoops), the "emergency stashed" undergarments, and the base layer I rode in - it was fresh this morning... and I don't THINK I smell too bad.......
    BUT I have no make-up, jewellery, the only pair of shoes I have that don't live in my locker are the daggy ones, and I don't have a coat or a cardigan (unless you count my long sleeved jersey!)
    Lesson learnt - leave a key at work.. they give you two for a reason

The ride was wonderful.. I'm finding my zen sooner and sooner as the weeks go past
    Love it

Finally got in a commute to work today. Loved it! Now hoping the storms (I don't care about rain, but do about lightning) hold off so I can get home safely when I leave this afternoon.
    200x Electra Townie 24D/Brooks B67

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry1976 View Post
    Finally got in a commute to work today. Loved it! Now hoping the storms (I don't care about rain, but do about lightning) hold off so I can get home safely when I leave this afternoon.
    I'm trying to decide whether to commute tomorrow, also due to forecast t-storms. Get home safe! Take a ride if you need to.

Slacker on wheels.

Beautiful this morning. Wet coming home. I'm so glad to have my Kona back! The fenders sure are nice when it rains. I'm going to try to take the roadie tomorrow, weather permitting, so she can get fitted for new handlebars with a smaller reach.

Happy Friday, everyone,

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

I was on my way home tonight on the bike path and I was moving pretty good. I passed a guy and he yelled, "Hey! Your bike is faster than mine!" Definitely one of the funniest comments I have heard while commuting.
    Specialized Amira Expert WSD, Ruby Expert
    Trek Madone 5.2 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD
    Trek Madone 4.5 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 1 WSD

I would like to stop in here and confess -

I am not riding my bike on Colorado's bike-to-work day.

Because I'm leaving it for my little brother to ride, should he choose to go anywhere today. (He's been at school in Seoul for a year and hasn't driven - and doesn't want to try until he's back home with his car.)

Wet and windy today - sinister headwind the entire way up "The Hill"
    and with my luck it'll turn and I'll have a headwind home as well

Dry in the morning, rain in the afternoon. I tried wearing my rain jacket, but it's so soupy out, it was like a portable sauna. I ended up ditching it and riding in my ss wool jersey. So much better.

Can't remember the last time I drove to work.

Slacker on wheels.

-3.5 deg (Celcius) this morning when I left (25.7F)
    Foggy - no issues with the cold once I got going, but the softshell just doesn't cut it for the additional moisture in the air!
    Nearly froze solid when I arrived - should be sunny when I leave though, it'll be a wonderfully clear ride home

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    DH left work early today, so he was able to come and meet me at work and ride home with me. That was good for a couple of reasons. First, he wants to get a few rides in (at least 1!) before we do Saturday's time trial. Second, I couldn't get to the grocery store at lunch because I had to attend a meeting, so I didn't get to do the shopping I wanted to do. With DH around, we could stop at the store we pass on the way home, he could watch my bike (I don't carry a lock with me), and I could get the groceries after work.
    And since I was all decked out in bike clothes, I wanted to take the tri bike out when I got home so I could see how the chain shifts on the wheels I just put on with a new cassette. So, we got to the house, DH brings the groceries upstairs, I swap my commuter shoes for my road shoes, grab the tri bike, and head back outside for a cruise around the neighborhood to work the chain through the gears. Halfway out, I see a familiar kit (my agency team kit - which I also happen to be wearing) standing on the side of the road, with a familiar bike - a recumbent - parked off the road on on the grass. It's my friend and co-worker, Mark. Thinking he was on the phone to his wife, reporting some mechanical problem, I pull over and say hello. He was grazing his way through a neighbor's mulberry tree.
    "Getting my daily dose of antioxidants!" he said. The tree was thick with fruit in various stages of ripeness.
    "This time of year," he explained, "I look like I just came from a voting station in Iraq." He turned his hands over to show his fingertips and nails stained deep purple.
    So we chatted for a while - him handing me a handful of mulberries every so often, and then we departed...both in our matching team kits - him on a recumbent, me on a tri bike, both with fingers stained purple. We must have made quite a pair!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Between yoga and some more tweaking the fit, the roadie and I are becoming much better friends. She seems so light and fast! I rode her yesterday and today. No back, neck or shoulder pain. I'm still smiling.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

We had some major storms blow in at 4:00 a.m. -- they abated just in time. Silly me still wore all the rain gear, so I got sweaty anyway. I think I would have steamed up just as much with Gore-Tex but I'll try that next timeand see; I wore my more traditional rain jacket instead because it has a hood...
    I don't *really* like these 7:30 mornings but I love the Fridays off that are the payback, and I do like that I can run five minutes later, relatively speaking, 'cause there's just nobody on the road in a college town in the summer at 6:45 a.m.