Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1989

To disable ads, please log-in.

A pack of these headbands, and they were more than this price! I knew they seemed expensive.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/sh...e_Free_Listing
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

those things keep your ears warm?!?!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Melavai, we buy our CO2 cartridges from a hunting supply store on-line. They come in a huge box (like a life time supply) and the price works out to about .50 a cartridge, as opposed to the $4.00 bike stores charge.
    Do an on line search and you will find several options.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    those things keep your ears warm?!?!
    It's more for keeping the wind out, but they do offer just enough of warmth for yesterday, (it was in the 50s) along with a cycling cap for the rain. In winter, I wear a buff for warmth, but I really can't ride comfortably without a headband, too. I even wear them in summer, for both wind and sweat. On the hottest days, it's too much, but I feel naked without it.

Slacker on wheels.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    On the hottest days, it's too much, but I feel naked without it.
    I've gotten to the point where I have to have a headsweat or buff on under my helmet...regardless of the weather. I, too, feel like I've forgotten something if I slap my helmet on my head without one.

Today, I seemed to hit every green light and every clear intersection. I barely had to put a foot down the whole ride in. Sweet.

I brought my grocery pannier, as I expect to do some shopping at lunch. But I ended up "buying" a small gym bag - I put that in quotes b/c it cost me loyalty points at my fitness center rather than cash - to fill a gap in my bag collection () for a small-ish duffle when I head to the gym or workout with only a minimal amount of crap needed. My other bags are either too big or too small. Anyway...now I'm stuck with the quandry of how I'm going to get all this stuff home this afternoon. I want the duffle for the weekend, so I can't leave it at work. It's going to be a very heavy, bungee-cord clad ride home.....
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    It's going to be a very heavy, bungee-cord clad ride home.....
    but that's the best kind!

the ride in today was good! I left later than normal, so had to bust a gut to make it to work on time. Thankfully even when I'm running late, my commute is only 3 miles so it's not like it's that far.

I have been wearing my work clothes on the bike this week, and I learned a valuable lesson yesterday: I not only need to wear an ankle-band to secure my pant leg on the drivetrain side, I need to wear one on the other leg too- because I figured out that the giant cuff on the other pant leg kept getting caught on the water bottle cage and yanking my pants down every few strokes. Problem solved today- two giant reflective pant leg protectors. I'm a dork.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I have been trying to ride to work every Friday since it has gotten lighter- with about 60% success. I rode on Tuesday this week because Friday is a holiday. For the first time ever, I had company for half my ride- a fellow commuter who was on the same route. Turns out, he works at home on Friday. I see a few others on my driving days, but they seem to be on a slightly later timetable. It was nice on the way in- almost 60, but windy and warm in the afternoon. I sandwiched a 15 mile recreational ride in after work with 2 friends so it was almost 34 for the day.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I'm a newbie commuter. Today I biked a whole 2 miles to my workplace and realized just how out of shape I am! It probably didn't help that the route to work is all uphill and I'm not exactly a fan of hills...yet. But I made it there and back to tell the story and hope that continuing to tackle the hills will make them easier.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by VeganBikeChick View Post
    I'm a newbie commuter. Today I biked a whole 2 miles to my workplace and realized just how out of shape I am! It probably didn't help that the route to work is all uphill and I'm not exactly a fan of hills...yet. But I made it there and back to tell the story and hope that continuing to tackle the hills will make them easier.
    It will! I promise! Good for you.

Slacker on wheels.

Rode to work, 3rd commute this week. EARTHDAY!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by VeganBikeChick View Post
    The most important part of this story is that YOU DID IT!!!! Congrats on your first commute! It WILL get easier- that's a guarantee!!!

And I wanted to share with you something that is a first for me. Of the last 10 days of work, I have commuted all 10. Of the last 15, I've commuted 12 (sick 2 and lazy one day).
    I usually commute 2-3 days a week, but I have made it a goal of mine to commute every day until the end of the school year (which is the 27th of May). So far I'm doing really well. It really doesn't take much longer than driving, and once I've gotten into the habit- I'm much better at getting things ready the night before and having a routine to make it quick and easy.
    I'm loving it!!!!
    Last edited by Tri Girl; 04-22-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

@VeganBikeChick - Awesome, congratulations! Just getting started is a huge success. Once you get a few more in, it will just feel normal to ride the bike to work.

----
    I'm still running 100% since the first of the year. Today was so wonderful, sunny AND warm here in Portland! Lot's of people out walking, jogging, strollering, biking. The daily commuting (avg about 6 miles each way) has not only made me stronger, but I've also lost a few of the extra pounds I've had.

The other cool thing is my son, with me 1/2 the time, is nearly 100%, he got a car ride once because he was still recuperating. Home to school is 4-1/2 miles. He's gotten not just stronger, but his skills are pretty good, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)

Commuted to work today and have yet to go home but it's no big deal because it's so short. More of a protest against high gas prices. The weather has not been conducive to commutes up until a week or so ago. Going to try to commute as often as possible. My biggest obstacle is out of the office meetings on some days.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Fun commute, as always. Riding my bike is always the best part of going to work. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I don't know if I would love it as much if I had to drive there more than once in a while. It's a nice ride, by the ocean, then up a bike path, which goes through woods and swamps. At this time of the year, there's not much traffic on the path, but in a few weeks, it will get to busy with kids on summer break. Right now, it's pretty serene.

I always pass an old man on the path, who walks 2 old dogs. He stops off to the side, giving me the whole path, nodding his head as I pass. It's very chivalrous. I can tell how early or late I am by where he is. We are both creatures of habit.

I don't get these human connections when I drive.

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post

I always pass an old man on the path, who walks 2 old dogs. He stops off to the side, giving me the whole path, nodding his head as I pass. It's very chivalrous. I can tell how early or late I am by where he is. We are both creatures of habit.

I don't get these human connections when I drive.
    I love that you said this. I meet a man on my way to work almost every morning. He's walking to work, it seems, and always eating an apple or a banana when I pass him. A couple weeks ago I saw him much further down the street than normal, so I looked at my watch and sure enough-I was running late. We always say "good morning." I can't wait until it's warm enough that I can actually see his whole head to know what he looks like without being all bundled up.

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)