Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Not a commute, but I rode my Jamis Coda at 5:15 AM, so I could get some semblance of a ride in before my day started. I had my lights charged, but had to spend time putting air in the tires (I don't get home until 10 PM on Mondays, so have to do this Monday AM next time).
    So, I didn't actually get out until close to 5:30? Despite 2 very good front lights, I absolutely can't see well in the pitch dark... not a lot of streetlights in my neighborhood and it was foggy, although not at ground level. It's my vision, as I am super nearsighted and I never have had good night vision, even with it corrected. Once I got on to a main road, I was fine. I rode to the ATM, got my cash for the week, and did a little ride around Concord center. On the way back, the sky was lightening up, so it was good. I only rode 9.5 miles, but it reminded me how much I miss commuting. Took a shower, drove to my internship and bought myself a nice coffee and egg sandwich at the place next to where I work.

Today's commute was fantastic! It was in the 80s, so I got to wear shorts and a short sleeve jersey, maybe for the last time this year. The roads were a little wet in the morning, but the sun came out during the day. Not a lot of car traffic. Got more green lights than reds. I'm happy.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Crankin, that sounds like a really nice morning.

I rode to work this morning, 13 miles, arrived by 9 am. Left there at 1:00 and got to my bike shop job at 2:00. Worked til almost 7:30 and headed home with a bright headlight, a blinking headlight, 2 tail lights, and a headlamp on my helmet. Didn't need the helmet light until I had a flat, and then it was VERY much appreciated. Luckily there was a nice grassy area to change the flat. After I had the wheel back on the bike and was still pumping the tire, a man with a flashlight walked over and asked if I needed help. I thanked him and kept pumping. Warm and pleasant evening for a ride.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

This was me on my commute yesterday:

It was a nice evening and thankfully not too windy! In addition to the boxes I also had a gallon of milk and my normal workday bag with clothes and such tucked in one of those panniers.
    Almost a Bike Blog:
    http://kf.rainydaycommunications.net/

Never give up. Never surrender.

Really?? Amazing photo, kfergos!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Kfergos, that's a wonderful photo.
    Today's the first day I drove all week.
    My best commute this week is when i biked all the way to Stewart Lumber after work to pick up a quart of primer. Stuck that can in my pannier and launched myself UP the hill to home, doubling my commute that day.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Kfergos, that is amazing! Maybe....just maybe I'll get an Xtracycle for my birthday...hmmmm....

kfergos! Holy cow! Are you moving? What's with the boxes? I actually need to take a box to the post office and need to figure out how to attach it to my rack - maybe I'll have a closer look at your picture

My commute is getting cold! It's still better than a car. And a commute in this town is nothing like many I read here. I do ride all over town every day, so my 2.4 mile turns into maybe 6 or 7 by the end of the day... Still, you all are very impressive.

Wow, that's wonderful, kfergos!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    kfergos! Holy cow! Are you moving? What's with the boxes? I actually need to take a box to the post office and need to figure out how to attach it to my rack - maybe I'll have a closer look at your picture .
    Yep, moving to Seattle on October 30. I have a room full of boxes at work that I need to slowly bring home.

For attaching the boxes, I used three bungee cords I carry all the time and an orange strap I found on the road a long time ago. The Xtracycle panniers have three adjustable straps on each corner and in the middle, which was a big help. I attached bungee cords and the orange strap to the Xtracycle pannier straps. It actually took a lot of planning to get it all on there stable and secure. Here are a couple other pictures that might be more helpful in terms of attaching stuff:

Almost a Bike Blog:

Quote Originally Posted by kfergos View Post
    Yep, moving to Seattle on October 30.
    Oooh, nice!

( If you posted about your move already, I missed it, sorry. )

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Yep, moving to Seattle on October 30. I have a room full of boxes at work that I need to slowly bring home.

Moving to Seattle? Wow, how cool is that? do you have a place to move to already? Do you mean SEATTLE SEATTLE?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Moving to Seattle? Wow, how cool is that? do you have a place to move to already? Do you mean SEATTLE SEATTLE?
    I am initially moving in with my parents in Kirkland, but I will be interning at the Bicycle Alliance of Washington in Seattle proper. I am so excited! No more winters of snow and ice! And I get to work at a bike advocacy group! More exclamation points for everybody!!
    Almost a Bike Blog:

I am initially moving in with my parents in Kirkland, but I will be interning at the Bicycle Alliance of Washington in Seattle proper. I am so excited! No more winters of snow and ice! And I get to work at a bike advocacy group! More exclamation points for everybody!!
    Um, you must have missed Seattle's last winter--right Mimi?!

Sounds like a dream job!