Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133
Results 1,981 to 1,989 of 1989

To disable ads, please log-in.

I went ahead and rode the Iguana in to work today, since there are fewer students around (dead day before finals). No expectations of anything. It's not a bad little bike and stable under load, although the seatpost isn't as fixed as I thought it was. I'm trying to figure out how to fix the slipping pannier, and I think I need to swap the grips out for ergonomic ones.

Home to work is about 13 miles. I got lost and that added another 7. And I made it up the giant hill without getting off! I don't know how often I'm going to be doing this--right now sunrise coincides with rush hour (which starts at 7 am, for some reason), and I'm starting to think that whatever I save in gas and parking will be spent on food!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    It's been short rides for past week --for shopping and work. Enjoying these quiet contemplative rides with Christmas lights along the way. It feels like lull to me, before other drastic stuff happens in life.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Finally, bike commuting again! After 5 weeks of constant snowstorms, snowy narrow roads, and very cold temperatures here in the Boston area, I was able to bike to work again on dry roads with temperature almost 30F and sunshine. Another snowstorm, followed by sleet and rain, coming tonight, so this will be short-lived, but a harbinger of spring to come. It felt good to be back on the bike.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

It was nice yesterday... but the snowy, narrow roads have stopped me from doing anything except snow related sports!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I got dropped off in the morning and rode home after work- nice temps but breezy. I've done one other afternoon only commute and one full commute. Now the sun is up earlier, I hope to get back to riding to work at least once a week.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I've bike commuted every day this week. I get to work quickly (only 30 min vs 45-60 on the bus), enjoying the weather and exercise. And no walking down icy sidewalk to the bus stop 1.2 miles away. Roads are still a bit narrow from remaining snow, but not bad at all.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Back into biking to work. Biked 3 of my 4 shifts this week. It's a pitiful 3 block commute, but it's finally not 20 degrees in the AM when I leave so I feel accomplished ��
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

I am back into commuting, too. Sometimes it feels like more work/prep than it's worth, for a 5 mile commute. When it was 13 miles one way, it was a ride. Before that, just under 7 miles, but I was a new rider and it was truly country road riding. Dealing with traffic situations (I am riding on the outside edges of both am and pm rush hour), seems like a level of hyper vigilance I don't need. But, I will keep doing it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Wow, I was the last one to comment on this thread, a year ago...
    So, I commuted from my new home today, a whopping 2.97 miles. I left at the height of rush hour, which I would not have done before. As I turned onto the main road outside of my street, I noticed the cars were backed up. There was tree work up about 3/4 a mile and police were stopping the cars. I got to ride past the cars, in the shoulder for the first time. Once I get off of this road, it's through a more residential area, but with lots of cut through traffic. Right before my office, there was a crowded intersection, no shoulder and I had to stop and get in the lane. A bit annoying.
    Not sure commuting this far is worth all the prep. I felt really good when I got here, though. My office is moving in June, and it will be even closer, by half a mile.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura