Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    Yeah seriously. I had an IT band thing for a long time and I learned it was my form/posture. Also I was consistently running on the left side of the road and the grading was messing up my form big time. Hope it gets better soon!
    My problem was form/posture-related as well. That's the major reason why I dumped the "regular" running shoes--they throw form and posture off badly because of the elevated heel and the cushioning that keeps you from feeling the impact of sloppy form. Still working on getting completely rid of some bad habits, but the IT band isn't a problem now.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Hadn't done speedwork in ages; had to go into town for the farmers' market anyhow. Just one trip up and down the ladder intervals, since the next two weeks are for the bike...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I didn't know what IT band was until two years ago when I irritated it running on an indoor track. My shoes are about used up but I don't think they are completely (?) Otherwise I have no clue what's causing it this time. It's just really stubborn.

I did another 20 minute run early this AM. Even though I'm not doing the mileage/interval work that I would like to see, I'm glad to be getting something in. What a great way to start the day!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Felt so good this morning that my 4 miles turned into 5.5. I'm loving our turn towards fall weather! And it's the first time I've averaged less than 10 min/mile over 5 miles or more.... it didn't feel like I was going fast at all. So maybe I can break an hour at my next 10k...

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Felt so good this morning that my 4 miles turned into 5.5. I'm loving our turn towards fall weather! And it's the first time I've averaged less than 10 min/mile over 5 miles or more.... it didn't feel like I was going fast at all. So maybe I can break an hour at my next 10k...
    Yeah! This is a perfect time of year for running. I love the cooler mornings.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Ran 5mi with a group this morning. It's been hard to find the time to train with my super busy fall season, but I pushed myself out the door at 5am again. Forgot how hard that was. Sleep running.

My feet have been pretty sore since the 9miles in VFFs followed by a 13hr. day on my feet shooting a wedding last week. There is still some bruising & swelling on the tops of my arches. Weird spot I know. So I ice & that seems to help. I am able to run and do jiu-jitsu despite the feet it'll just take some time before they feel normal again.
    For more details, check out my blog! http://stubborntriathlete.blogspot.com/

For all the randomness, follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/ShootRunTri

3 mile loop at park after work....still slow...slow and steady. Think I'll change my user id to "Tortoise Nervosa".....

10.3 miles this morning. My long run this week was supposed to be another 12 miler, but I decided to cut myself a break after Saturday's 187 mile ride. AT the end of that ride, my right Achilles tendon felt just a little tweaked, so I thought it best not to push too hard today. I think it was a good call.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    10.3 miles this morning. My long run this week was supposed to be another 12 miler, but I decided to cut myself a break after Saturday's 187 mile ride. AT the end of that ride, my right Achilles tendon felt just a little tweaked, so I thought it best not to push too hard today. I think it was a good call.
    I think definitely, when we are riding long miles and running, that some flexibility into training plans is definitely in order. I've found that I had to cut back somewhat on both my century training miles and the 1/2 training miles in order to be somewhat sane.
    And all in all, I feel very fit for both events, and I do feel that I am training properly. I just take more days off than I'm "supposed" to! But it sort of all adds up.

I did five miles this morning in the pitch black. My new headlamp, unlike the headlamp for the bike, makes a tunnel vision effect which is somewhat comforting but conversely a little disturbing. I'll have to get used to it, I guess! At mile 3 I had the urge to pee - almost like a UTI feeling - so I turned off the lamp and since I live out in the woods, tucked off the road to squat. It was a little scary though because every twig that snapped my brain thought "axe murderer oh noooooo!!!!" and quickly resumed the run. I ran much faster after that! So, I will be sure to empty the tank prior to running from now on!
    I can do five more miles.

5 beautiful miles with my mentor. Great company, beautiful weather, perfect run. So thrilled to have a running buddy who runs similar pace! Hurray for running friends!

I ran on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday after work(2am), when the weather cools I would like to add a run on Friday (during daylight). The more I think about running a 1/2 marathon the more I want to. I know there are guidelines on increasing mileage and was hoping someone could share them with me or give me a good place to look. Thanks.

August 2009 Runner's World has a beginner half-marathon training plan. Ten weeks, with one day of rest and two days of cross training. Very tempted! Even with that, I am thinking about adding another cross training day and extending the plan by a few more weeks. Would love to do the distance, but so paranoid (perhaps not irrationally!) about hurting myself.