Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Miami, FL--if it's raining wait an hour and the sun will be out

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by meemsie View Post
    you have a nasty crash...one where your shin lays open to the bone and blood is filling your shoe...and you frantically ask your husband, "is my bike ok??"
    amen!!!

When you wear your cycling socks just to remind you what you'ld rather be doing than working, sigh.
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwina View Post
    you take your bike with you when going car shopping to make sure it fits inside
    I just did that last week

There are bike tracks through your kitchen, dining room, living room and hallway, since your bike "sleeps" in your bedroom. And you really don't care.
    (Or is it just me with my negligible housekeeping skills? )

Meemsie--I'm cringing over here and trying not to think about that...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

When you find yourself carrying cell phone, cards and cash in a ziplock bag from that morning's ride.

When you think about spending 90 bucks on yet another pair of cycling shoes but won't spend 40 on a pair of heels despite having no more wearable heels left.

When you have to stop cycling for a couple of weeks and realize that without cycling, you suddenly have so many hours of emptiness to fill and don't know what to do with them...

When you have tan lines at mid-thigh, your hands are lighter than your arms and you have raccoon eyes.

And if your bald like my husband...you have stripes on the top of your head.
    http://etherbourn.blogspot.com/

2010 Cannondale Synapse Feminine Carbon 6

... if you're more likely to run into friends at the bike shop than at the pub.
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

When, even though suffering the chemo ickies, you drag yourself to the backyard to fix a flat tire so your bike won't have to suffer.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

When you are tired, the knees are tender, and you KNOW you need to take the day off tomorrow and do something other than riding because you have ridden the last 4 days in a row...then you look at those two bikes that hang out in the living room and want to go out anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    When you are tired, the knees are tender, and you KNOW you need to take the day off tomorrow and do something other than riding because you have ridden the last 4 days in a row...then you look at those two bikes that hang out in the living room and want to go out anyway...
    HA! That's me. You just talked me into going riding instead of lifting at the gym. My brain thanks you & my legs curse you!
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    HA! That's me. You just talked me into going riding instead of lifting at the gym. My brain thanks you & my legs curse you!
    Glad to be of service

Since i just cleaned up after a 36 mile ride, and washed my bike...."if you have a bottle of degreaser in your shower"
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    When you choose to cycle on a fairly hot humid day, because as a land-based exercise, at least it's abit cooler: you generate abit of wind cycling along or descending a hill.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by anneimal View Post
    You sleep with your bikes in your bedroom because the garage isn't suitable ... and, they take up half the room and cost more than your bed.
    This made my day.

When you can sit for hours watching cycling (Tour de France)...even the flat stages, but think those that watch golf on TV have to be crazy! (even baseball on TV puts me to sleep!)

K
    katluvr