Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

You sleep with your bikes in your bedroom because the garage isn't suitable ... and, they take up half the room and cost more than your bed.

It's winter here in Missouri, so:

You move the bike to the basement, because you don't want her to get COLD in the garage--and find yourself talking to her, "It's OK. It's just temporary--I swear. It's cold out. I'll bring you back up soon. If you're good, we'll get on the trainer later. I still love you." The cat eye's you suspiciously.

It's snowing out, and DH wears bike shorts and camouflage winter coat into the gas station on the way back from spinning class. "I don't care--I need ice cream."

It's only February, but you've loaded all the local rides into your calendar. Already recruiting friends and family for Tour of Stooges--opening ride of the season.

You and DH have divided friends/family into A team and B team.

You're trying to avoid the winter weight gain, so you can fit in your favorite cycling shorts.
    Last edited by TrekTheKaty; 02-11-2010 at 01:41 PM.
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

'09 Trek WSD 2.1 with a Brooks B-68 saddle
    '11 Trek WSD Madone 5.2 with Brooks B-17

When your bike costs more than your car is worth. Or when you have been saving up for a car and realize you could buy a car or a bike with the amount you have in the bank. And that's a serious choice.

When you realize you've been walking around all day at work with a multitool in your pocket.

When you post your dream helmet on facebook.

You realize that you have not one but 2 LBS numbers in your phone - and use them both.

All the guys in the LBSs know not only your name, but all your bike's names.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Quote Originally Posted by MomOnBike View Post
    You realize that you have not one but 2 LBS numbers in your phone - and use them both.

All the guys in the LBSs know not only your name, but all your bike's names.
    as well as whether it is male or female, how long you've had it, what your are training for, and generally whether you take maintenance comments and suggestions positively or negatively. I tke my guys homemade cookies or brownies every now and then because they do so much for me.

marni

Quote Originally Posted by marni View Post
    I take my guys homemade cookies or brownies every now and then because they do so much for me.
    Those guys will be your friends for life!

Max

...you can identify the various local insect species by taste.

Ha!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by tangentgirl View Post
    ...you can identify the various local insect species by taste.
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

'09 Trek WSD 2.1 with a Brooks B-68 saddle
    '11 Trek WSD Madone 5.2 with Brooks B-17

You don't want to go on a vacation unless you can take your bike.

Now have Bike Friday.
    2007 Ruby Comp/Specialized Dolce
    2004 Bike Friday Crusoe/Specialized Dolce

You ditch evening plans to ride your bike and you haven't even graduated to the "real" road yet*

*the park I go to is large and has it all, hills, flats, curves, sharp turns...planning on moving to the road in the next week or so

You find yourself in retail store parking lots standing & staring at people's bikes on racks of vehicles... or the bike rack itself... just to check out bike-related gear. Then the owner appears in the parking lot with a suspicious eye at your actions... the conversation begins, "Hi! I am not a thief or a stalker, honest... uh, so, do you ride a lot?".

Sometimes I just feel so blessed to make it to the end of the day still alive (vs. beat to death, or shot lol).
    Last edited by Miranda; 04-09-2010 at 07:27 PM.

you have a nasty crash...one where your shin lays open to the bone and blood is filling your shoe...and you frantically ask your husband, "is my bike ok??"

You buy a spare saddle (or 2), in case the one you love is ever discontinued.

Miami, FL--if it's raining wait an hour and the sun will be out
    When you pay over $300 for a pair of cycling shoes but buy your everyday shoes at DSW on the clearance rack. And then you consider wearing your Sidi's out for other activities just b/c they are that sexy.
    And when your bibs cost you more than any suit in your closet.......hello Assos.