Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Just Ordered

Just Ordered

To disable ads, please log-in.

A shirt and shorts from performance, the tax and shipping were $10 I can't believe they want to charge $8.00 for shipping, I told them to just sent the shirt, I just bought a pair of descente shorts this past w/e so don't need them right now.

I ship stuff from work via UPS and don't pay that much.
    LIFE IS GOOD

You might want to see if you can find what you want at the TE site - I just checked, and their current shipping prices (via USPS priority mail) is $4.95 for orders under $150, and $6.95 for orders of $150 or greater. I think that is pretty reasonable.

I wonder if Performance is cutting prices on stuff and then making up for it by padding the shipping costs... Just out of curiosity I just checked Performances shipping rates, listed here. Their regular shipping ranges from $5 for orders of $1 - $18, to $10.75 for orders over $150 - and that is for ground (as in slow) shipping. If I compare my last TE shipment, at $4.95 for priority mail (which got to me in 2 days) - if I'd ordered the same stuff from Performance, I would have had to pay $8 for slow shipping or $11 for 2nd day. That's quite a difference.

--- Denise
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 07-19-2005 at 07:30 AM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

hmmm, something is not right! the shirt I ordered was just $19.98 and my total was $27 something. They charged me $8.00 for the 2nd day! I told them regular ground I am calling them again, thanks!
    LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by trigurl
    hmmm, something is not right! the shirt I ordered was just $19.98 and my total was $27 something. They charged me $8.00 for the 2nd day! I told them regular ground I am calling them again, thanks!
    I wonder if they charged you the correct amount for shipping ground (looks like $6.50) plus charged you sales tax. Since they have a store in Virginia (at least that's where your profile indicates that you are) they probably did charge sales tax.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

yep, they did charge tax! 5%. so my $19.98 bargain wasn't so good! BUT ITS PINK
    LIFE IS GOOD

Jersey: $19.98
    Shipping: $8.00
    Tax: 5%
    Colour: Priceless

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

LIFE IS GOOD

They have still NOT shipped my shirt! I don't get it - phone call
    LIFE IS GOOD