Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

September/October weight loss challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'll set up another 8 week spreadsheet. So anyone interested in joining in, just post here and let me know your:

** weight on Friday the 11th (though I'm totally flexible, whatever day works best for you to weigh in, don't worry about it, just weigh in when you want to around Fridays).
    ** goal weight for 8 weeks from this Friday (which actually takes us to the second of November). And if it would work best for you to just work on losing but not have an 8-week goal weight, no problemo!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I'm in, I will post my goal weight on Friday. Thank you Possegal, with out your tireless chart keeping I'm sure I would be much heavier.
    Jones

I'm in again, starting weight 134. I may weigh in only every other week this time. Trying AGAIN for 129 .

Thanks Possegal!
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

I'll have to weigh in now, and some odd day next week, as I'll be out of town for a couple weeks, minus a couple days!

I'm at (gulp) 169.2. YIKE... I was doing so well till a couple months ago!

Goal after 8 weeks: 156.
    This is good -- I've been doing more walking than anything, and I just cannot lose weight walking (obviously, I can GAIN though!).
    The 3-Day Breast Cancer walk is this coming weekend (YIPPEE!), and after that I can get back into a routine of workouts that really do get my intensity up. This will be excellent incentive to check in here each week!

THANKS POSSEGAL for doing this stuff!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

I'm in! I am 141 lbs today and goal is 135 lbs. THANKS for putting the spreadsheet together!

I will give it another try. My current weight is 154. Goal weight of 145.

Count me in, please! Starting weight- 182- goal weight 175.

And thanks for doing such a great job of keeping track.
    Please visit my etsy shop and support avian rescue and sanctuary efforts:
    http://www.BagsofAFeather.etsy.com

I'm in. Thanks!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I'm in. Starting weight is 128; goal is to stay under 130 as fall comes upon us.

Thanks!

Definitely in!
    I lost a whooping 1.8 pounds. I guess better than gaining.
    Nov. 2nd is the offically start to my marathon training. I really want to be at a much lower weight. So these next 8 weeks I need to be very serious. Now I just had a holiday weekend (drinking); have short family related vaca next week (eating & drinking)--but cooler weather and hills to run and lastly in Oct. 2 week vaca w/ 1 week a "bike vacation" = lots of eating/drinking!
    LOL...and I want to lose weight!

So I'll weigh in Th or Fri and goal...under 115? Do-able? Hm that is about 7 - 8 pounds. Better hit the ground running today!

Thanks Possegal for keeping us going!
    katluvr

Sign me up! Current weight 152, goal weight 148.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

coun't me in again too. I'll weigh in on Friday and report back with goal weight then. At a conference most of the week. I hope that doesn't put my starting weight too high! At least there's free access to the pool here so I can go for a swim each morning, and I'm trying to resist the treats at coffee breaks.

In as always. 125 goal for me again.

I just hired a coach to work with me on a training plan for November 2009 through June 2010, when I will compete in my 1st half-ironman. One of the things we are going to work on is to dial in my nutrition a little more. While my current weight is very healthy and well inside of normal for my height and body type, I want to change the composition of my body. Add to muscle mass and lose some more fat mass. Overall, that ought to take me down a few more net pounds over time.

This challenge will (hopefully) help keep me more accountable to that goal.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Count me in, too. My goal weight is 158.0

I've actually taken the last two weeks off from my weight training and logging my food and I've managed to keep my weight the same (Yay!). I'm getting back on the active effort bandwagon this week, so I'm hoping for more progress once again.

My final goal is 135 - by next March (or thereabouts).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Hi
    I'd like to join in - I am starting at 131 and would like to be 126 or below by the end of the 8 weeks. I'm doing Weightwatchers online, and was at 136-137 at the beginning of July. The cycling helped move me off a 7 week plateau, and I hope it keeps working. (Eventual goal: 120)

Thanks!
    Sharon