Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I like to skate ski too. I love getting into that certain rythm. Can't wait!!

We went to see Warren Miller's Dynasty last night. Great inspiration for the upcoming ski season! I actually like the older WM movies better...I miss his naration. But we really enjoyed it and were especially excited because they did some of the Tahoe filming at our local "home" resort. Probably the best part was the free lift ticket vouchers to Heavenly...I haven't skied there in years so I'm excited. Of course the voucher expires 1/15 and there are a bunch of blackout dates AND we have no snow so far, but I'm confident it will work out and we'll get to go.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Another weekend at Cannon Mountain up in Franconia Notch SP in New Hampshire. It was a hoot.
    Very challenging - flat light, WIND!!!, ice, and - on Monday - about 4-6 inches of powder. Here I am, coming out of a snow tunnel through the trees b/t two trails at the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regina_taft.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	10698  

Looks great! I'm glad you got some fresh snow.

I love Franconia. Great x country trails.

I am going on a gal's ski day on Friday Feb. 5th to Bretton Woods - most of the ladies are going downhill or riding but I would prefer to xc ski. If anyone wants to join me that day, shoot me a te-mail.
    Anj
    I can do five more miles.

Hey, if I wasn't going to be in VT, I would definitely go with you!
    Maybe another Friday?

DH and I just got back from our BIG ski trip - 7 days in Colorado. We skied Cooper Mountain in Leadville - a small area off the beaten track and empty, a nice way to kick off the week away from the big resorts. Then we headed to Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper, Vail, and then back to Keystone. 6 days of skiing in 7 days. My legs are pooped. Going through mountains of laundry right now.
    I hope we get a few more days in locally while all this snow is still around. The bikes will start calling soon enough!
    Here we are on Gandy Dancer at Vail:

Last edited by 7rider; 02-21-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    DH and I just got back from our BIG ski trip - 7 days in Colorado. We skied Cooper Mountain in Leadville - a small area off the beaten track and empty, a nice way to kick off the week away from the big resorts. Then we headed to Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper, Vail, and then back to Keystone. 6 days of skiing in 7 days. My legs are pooped. Going through mountains of laundry right now.
    I hope we get a few more days in locally while all this snow is still around. The bikes will start calling soon enough!
    Here we are on Gandy Dancer at Vail:

Welcome back 7Rider. Beautiful picture of the two of you on the mountain.

Bump!!!

We just booked flights to New Hampshire for MLK weekend in January. 5 days staying with a friend of ours at his ski club near Loon and Cannon. We'll try other areas this time - maybe Waterville Valley. Maybe Wildcat. Maybe Jay Peak. Maybe Sunday River. Maybe all at Cannon if our friend finds good deals on tickets for there. As long as there's cold and snow...we'll be happy.

Hopefully Colorado in February.

Anyone have some ski trips on the agenda??
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I was out in Colorado in April when they were selling their local ski passes - so I picked up the colorado pass for this ski season - which makes Colorado a good place for me to go

I have air miles, so I'm thinking January - but if they have a good early season I might do December.

We went to park city for a week last year - it was heaven. I got so much better being dragged around by a bunch of guys who've been snowboarding since I was in elementary school! If any of you guys fly into Denver this year let me know!

Loveland and A-Basin are teasing us by posting pictures on Facebook of their snowmaking. Copper mtn is now open for racers and they open on Nov. 5th to the general public. Snow is predicted in the mtns the next few days.

Planning on getting some turns in on Monday if A-Basin opens this weekend.

We are going to do a long weekend at Lovett's Inn, in Franconia. Don't have the details, yet. It's near Cannon; we ate at the inn this summer and it's awesome. Our friends have been going there for years. It's ski in/out.
    We probably will get to Bretton Woods, too. Not sure about Vermont this year.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Loveland opens tomorrow & A-basin opens Monday!! Woohoo!