Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

It has been snowing all day!!! We have friends that live up near Evergreen CO and they have gotten 2 feet so far

Any Mid-Atlantic ladies want to ski?

Any Mid-Atlantic ladies want to meet up for some skiing this year? DH is so ambivalent about the whole thing, and I prefer not to be at the mountain alone. Skiing alone is fine if I'm with someone more skilled than me (which is everybody!). Let me know!

(Also, does anyone know of a good shop for fitting/stretching boots in the Philly area? TIA!)

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Any Mid-Atlantic ladies want to meet up for some skiing this year? DH is so ambivalent about the whole thing, and I prefer not to be at the mountain alone. Skiing alone is fine if I'm with someone more skilled than me (which is everybody!). Let me know!

(Also, does anyone know of a good shop for fitting/stretching boots in the Philly area? TIA!)
    Becky, where do you want to go?

I'm going to be skiing in colorado dec 6-15th... if you wanna come with, that'd be great

I might be going out to canada in Jan to ski... also, if you wanna come with, again great

But I also can be persuaded to ski locally at any point...

i can get an evening ski pass that's good at whitetail, roundtop & liberty for like $170 that starts early Jan, I think... I got one last year and went enough times skiing in the evening that it was worth it - but I can't say the skiing is great at any of the above. But skiing is skiing I wasn't planning on getting it again this year, just cause running up to ski on my own on like 3 or 4 hours 3-4 times a week ended up feeling forced last year - but if you'd be interested, that could be fun. I think I ended up going to whitetail most of the time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    Becky, where do you want to go?
    OMG, I would love to go to CO again or try Canada, but I don't think it's in the budget this year :/

My parents and sister live close enough to Roundtop and Liberty that either is do-able. I've never been to Whitetail. I usually go to Blue Mountain- they have cheaper rates than a lot of the other Pocono mountains, and one of my coworkers is on the ski patrol there. The closest places are all at least a 2 hour drive each way for me, so I usually go for the whole day when I go. I'd like to try Elk Mountain this year- there's a bus trip there that some friend of a coworker runs, so I may jump in on that. It would save me some driving too.

Let's see what this ski season turns into, and we'll have to make plans to meet up some day.

Just let me know when you feel like going - whitetail was better skiing than Ski Liberty, i haven't been to roundtop since it's a little further from me and I think I looked at the stats/maps and decided that white tail was better.

Looks like Whitetail is ~1.5 hours from Mom and Dad's, which is definitely doable. They don't mind if I crash there afterwards

I'm more than willing to play hooky from work too- winter is usually slower than summer. Here's hoping for some good snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Looks like Whitetail is ~1.5 hours from Mom and Dad's, which is definitely doable. They don't mind if I crash there afterwards

I'm more than willing to play hooky from work too- winter is usually slower than summer. Here's hoping for some good snow!
    white tail is 45 mins or so from my house, so you can always crash in my guest room if you want. It will be clean, but I can't promise not cluttered. (chances are I will try to shove everything in the closet)

I haven't been to blue mountain in forever... i think i first went skiing there.

and probably in january, I won't have to worry about playing hookey from work... by february I might not be able to

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    ...and probably in january, I won't have to worry about playing hookey from work... by february I might not be able to
    What happens in February? Something good, I hope!

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    We just bought the Advantage Card for Whitetail/Liberty/Roundtop today (last day of the discounted rates). Since I refuse to ski Whitetail on a weekend, it looks like hookey days for me. Not a problem with oodles of leave and an unemployed DH.
    Also, we may be heading up to Stratton in VT over Christmas/New Year's, so the card is good there, too, which will help at that overpriced mountain. Ugh!
    Yesterday, I booked our flights up to NH to ski Cannon again over MLK weekend. I hope it's as good as it was last year (it was awesome last year).
    Colorado is on the agenda again for February.
    Holy Smokes. I'm spinning here, trying to figure out how we've suddenly planned for so much skiing this year.
    I think I'm tired of depriving myself, like we did last year.

Because Skiing = good.

I haven't done much east coast skiing in years - I should look up what the mountains are like in Vermont/NH - I went to killington way back when. Now I usually just fly out west.

If you're going to Colorado in February - you might want to consider getting the Abasin pass... (unlimited a basin, 4 days breckenridge or keystone, and 1 day vail) for $359. I usually get that one if I know I'm going out to Colorado.

hey there all you fellow skiers! I'm not much of a downhill skier but I love to cross country/ tour - nothing hard core but not only on groomed trails. I'm looking for a new ski package this year. I have 3 pin bindings and asolo boots that are VERY uncomfortable so I'm going to treat myself. Any suggestions? is there a site like teamestrogen for skiers? Thanks! Happy skiing!

avocet

Quote Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
    is there a site like teamestrogen for skiers? Thanks! Happy skiing!

avocet
    Welcome Avocet. Yes there is a women's ski forum, check out http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/.

We just made plans to go up to Craftsbury in February. We were going to go the last weekend in January, but that's when the Craftsbury Marathon is being held, so it will be crowded.
    It will be a long drive and freezing, but there's always snow there. The trails are the best groomed I've ever seen.

Another storm is heading our way. The mountains are supposed to get quite a bit of snow. Yes!!

Open here too.

Mount Hood Meadows had it's first day yesterday. I'm waiting to hear when they have my favorite nordic centre all groomed and ready for skating!!! Could be this weekend. Too bad I'll be heading for warmer climes but I bet I'll be skating come Thanksgiving!!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS