Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Finally some success!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have been taking a cyclocross clinic for the past 4 weeks. The first week went ok, but the last two were really frustrating. I couldn't seem to get any good timing going over the barriers, my dismounts and shouldering were awful and I practically had to come to a complete stop to mount my bike.

This week, I finally had a breakthrough! Everything just seemed to click, and I even managed to land a few running mounts without the dreaded stutter step! Yay! Now I just have to keep practicing until my first race a week from tomorrow. I'm so nervous!

(Also during last night's session, I managed to completely screw up a running mount - I didn't kick my leg up high enough and instead of my leg on top of the seat, it knocked my bike sideways. I landed on the ground, instead of the saddle. Other than that, the night went well )

Congrats! As much as I love to watch 'cross, the idea of doing it scares the bejeebus out of me. I've have tremendous respect for all of you masochistic folks who risk life and shin for this sport
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.