Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Cleats

Cleats

To disable ads, please log-in.

Okay, so my old shoes worked fine on my bike and in spinning. But I wanted new shoes for spinning. I bought some and some cleats to go with... but they were not the right cleats. Can anyone tell me about the different cleats?

bought some and some cleats to go with... but they were not the right cleats. Can anyone tell me about the different cleats?
    You might want to check with someone at your club that will know the name of the clips on the pedals they have. That or go online to one of the bike shops and compare the pedal pics with what your gym has to get the correct name for what you need.

My club used to have both the Look type and the SPD type, but they got rid of the Looks. I think SPD's are the most common as those are used in both mountain and road biking. Each type of cleat only mates with pedals of the same breed. There are other kinds too, but I would bet you won't encounter them at a spinning class (Times, Eggbeaters)

I hope you can take them back!!!

Irulan
    Last edited by Irulan; 01-07-2003 at 04:55 PM.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM