Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

If the swim was really about 200m too long then my swim was a respectable 2:19/100 and I freestyled the whole thing except for when I had to catch my cap so that was good. Still, with all the time I've put in on improving my swimming I would have hoped to do better than 40/56 relay and 910/1730 overall. Tough field!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Congratulations to all of you! Great photos and great race reports!

Pictures, finally! My sister showed up early to take pictures but since this was also HER first triathlon (as a spectator/photographer or anything) she had difficulties catching photos since she couldn't anticipate where I'd be.

At the start, looking nervous (believe me, that's my nervous smile):

And after the swim, looking much happier while trying not to fall on my butt on the slippery grass.

The one photo she got of me on the bike was so unflattering that there's no way I'm posting it. If you want to see that, you'll have to check out the professional photo: http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_p...=72045370&PWD=

And finally, at the end with my husband and kids (who clearly are big fans of tie dye):

Sarah,

You look great! Nice family, too.

Congrats
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Congratulations team! You all look fantastically, positively beaming! I too, love the colours of your team kit!

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Wow- congrats! Love the pictures for sure!!! Funny about the bike picture- but the professional one is really flattering and nicely shot.
    Way to go!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

What a fun race report thread. All of you ladies look fantastic and did really well. I am also really impressed with the matching team outfit. Super cute.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

OK, since you ladies did this as a relay, I need to ask some questions. I'm doing one as a relay on the 13th. Never done one before in my life, never even watched one other than on TV. Anything I need to know before hand? The guy who is doing the swim for us is not someone I know and he asked me recently:
    Also, not sure how relays work, do you want to practice whatever transition/handoff we have to do before the race?
    Is that something we should actually worry about practicing? What all is involved? Of course for us the first issue would be finding each other, since we've never met. I recommended him meeting up with me the day before when I have to rack my bike. Is this sufficient? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

And thanks so much MDHillSlug - your post on the tri board netted me 4 emails of people interested in joining my team. I took the first response once I knew I could change from a female relay to a co-ed one, as he was not interested in swimming in drag.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    OK, since you ladies did this as a relay, I need to ask some questions. I'm doing one as a relay on the 13th. Never done one before in my life, never even watched one other than on TV. Anything I need to know before hand? The guy who is doing the swim for us is not someone I know and he asked me recently:
    Also, not sure how relays work, do you want to practice whatever transition/handoff we have to do before the race?
    Is that something we should actually worry about practicing? What all is involved? Of course for us the first issue would be finding each other, since we've never met. I recommended him meeting up with me the day before when I have to rack my bike. Is this sufficient? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

And thanks so much MDHillSlug - your post on the tri board netted me 4 emails of people interested in joining my team. I took the first response once I knew I could change from a female relay to a co-ed one, as he was not interested in swimming in drag.
    I hadn't met our runner until the day before at packet pickup and bike racking; we then all went out to lunch to get to know each other and to talk about the race. For the day of the race we met at the bike/rack. I recommend making the bike your focal point.

Since there didn't seem to be a restriction on how many team members were allowed in transition we did it that the runner made the chip transfer from swimmer to biker and the swimmer made the transfer from biker to runner. I don't know what others were doing but this worked well for us. I don't think it needs practicing but you gotta make sure that everyone states an anticipated range of time for their event so that the others have a clue for when they need to be at the rack.

Have fun!
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er