Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey ladies, anyone has the time to look into finding her fan club's address? Perhaps we could organize to send her some fan mail and encouragement? A hug from the women of TE?

Finally....she has been cleared to compete. My wish is that all goes behind her and society learns something; the cynic in me....well....sigh....

http://www.feministing.com/archives/021756.html

I wish her the emotional strength to match her physical strength.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    This sounds like strange comment...but after such intense international scrutiny and also in South Africa (hope I got her country affiliation right), she's better off basing herself in a totally different country with different competitive sport/coaching support.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

She has nothing to be ashamed of.

I don't understand why she should move to another country. Everyone knows who she is, everyone knows she was cleared of cheating (deliberately or accidentally).

If her coach doesn't suit her, sure a new coach might be good. But why leave her home? She did nothing wrong.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 07-09-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I don't think she should move to another country either. Competition and training is tough, she's under much scrutiny. She should have the support of family and close friends nearby.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I don't think she should move to another country either. Competition and training is tough, she's under much scrutiny. She should have the support of family and close friends nearby.
    Most likely she has good support of some key family and friends.

This has nothing to do with being ashamed or "hiding". After all, whenever she competes, she will be forever scrutinized publicly more than others because of the international limelight. And probably parts of her personal life in her own country/city wherever she lives.

I knew my comment sounded strange...many people leave a country to live permanently elsewhere in a different culture/country faraway --even often leaving behind loving, supportive family members and friends. To begin the next stage of their life in...a different, freer way, away from frequent scrutiny/nosiness even if they have done nothing wrong.

This is all conjecture, of course.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

I hope she does whatever makes her happy and that she's happy, whatever she does.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

God plays different games. He makes some very beautiful and some have to face his anger. No matter how much advances medical science makes things still are dubious. It probably could be solved by some surgeon.

Unfair genetic advantage

I hope that I'm taking your reponse as something different than you intended it. I'm not sure that God "punishes" people or not, and I'm not sure that any of us knows the answer to that question.

Whether surgery is an option is not our decision to make. This woman will/has undergo lots of cristism, jeers and odd looks... why is it that we simply can't show some compassion here?

The fact remains that we are all different, and I would hope that as women we can extend compassion to people regardless of what our own personal beliefs are.

You're being very nice, ridebikeme. I'm not unsure at all - if God exists, He does not punish people or show his anger by making them not according to the current norm of beauty.

I can't believe I just wrote that.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

lph, thanks for the nice words! Regardless of what our personal beliefs concerning religion are; I simply can't imagine that people think that "God" punishes people by making them look a certain way or appear as something different. Have you ever noticed that some of the more attractive people in the world are ones that are in some sort of trouble? Appearance has nothing to do with God, but our actions are a definite reflection of who and what "we" are as a person. And out lack of compassion is something that I simply don't understand and never will...