Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Bike MS: The Mother Road Ride - Route 66 Oklahoma

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi All,

I will attempting my first really big benefit ride next month!! I am very excited!! I did my first century ride last September but I'm amping it up a notch this year. I hope to complete the 150 mile, 2 day ride, as successfully as I did my first (& only) century.

Of course, as with all big benefit rides, I am raising money for the cause, Multiple Sclerosis. I will be riding with my husband, dear friend and a co-worker. We are riding as "Team Sunbeam." Sunbeam Family Services is a non-profit organization that does everything from early childhood education to foster care, to senior services for homeless seniors. We have been in Oklahoma for 100 years helping people at "all ages at all stages of life."

If you can help our team reach our goal we would greatly appreciate the assistance. The funds go to the National MS society to benefit people living with MS. You can use the link below to access the Oklahoma Chapter where you can do a search to find our team.

Thank you in advance for your support!!!

http://bikeoke.nationalmssociety.org...E_OKE_homepage
    Kvixen23

"The biggest chance we ever take in life is not taking a chance."

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Very cool!!! I was actually going to do this, and had trained with a group- but had to pull out because of previous commitments. I wish it were the next weekend and I'd be able to go.
    I hope you raise the funds and have a GREAT time!!! Please report back on the ride and tell us how it goes. My thoughts will be with you.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Hey Tri Girl

Thank you for your thoughts.....I'll report back as soon as I recover from the ride!!! I can't wait!!
    Kvixen23

Kvixen - good luck on your MS ride! I'm doing the training rides for our Ms ride (south Louisiana) the first weekend of October. After today's ride, I think I can do it. On hot muggy days, I tend to think otherwise. The rides are great fun, and the volunteers are terrific. And yes, your buns will get numb. Motrin is your friend.
    Beth

Almost there!!

I've made it to 70% of my stated goal of $500!!! Yeah!!!

Thank you to all who have supported me.
    Kvixen23

My husband just started a new job and would love to put a team together but he doesn't have the time for this year. Hopefully next year! Maybe by then I just might try it.
    "He's really having to dig deeply into the suitcase of courage" Phil Liggett

i did the OKLAHOMA MS ride last year, its a blast! still debating on doing this years!
    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

strength to beat those neverending flats!

We did it!!

As promised....Here are some pictures from Team Sunbeam's ride. It was a beautiful route and it went without any major hitches. We finished 72 miles on Saturday in 5 hours. Sunday was a bit harder, more wind, hills and heat. It took us 4.5 hours to finish 61 miles. All in all, it was AWESOME!! Thank you to all who supported me. A special thanks to my teammates!! You guys ROCK!!
    Picture 1 - Day 1 start line.
    Picture 2 - Day 1 after lunch, gearing up again.
    Picture 3 - Day 1, mile 50 (that's me taking a real break thanks to the Sam's Club rest stop!!).
    Picture 4 - Day 2 at the finish line (we were all too tire to hold our bikes up!!).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	10141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	10142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0211.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	10143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	10144  
    Last edited by Kvixen23; 09-28-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: forgot photo descriptions
    Kvixen23

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    EXCELLENT!!!!! I was wondering how it went for you. I had a friend that did it, and he said it was nothing but hills all the live long day.
    I'm so excited for you! Your team looks like a fun bunch. Gotta love that Sam's Club recliner. That's livin' right!
    Congrats to you. I hope I can join the ride next year.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike