Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Komen Ride for the Cure-Aspen/Snowmass

To disable ads, please log-in.

This event takes place at the Snowmass Village Recreation Center on Saturday August 22, 2009 and participants have their choice of either a 10, 30, 50 or 100 mile route. This event raises funds for breast cancer research and awareness and Susan G. Komen for the Cure. www.komenaspen.org

I would love to take part in ride for the cure if there was one in Michigan. I've been to Aspen/Snowmass. My soul lives there, but unfortunately, I don't.

Aspen Snowmass Komen Ride for a Cure

Wow,I just returned from the Aspen/Snowmass Susan Komen Ride for a Cure event and I am just now coming out of my fog from the (my first) century. It was hot, hot, ladies. This is a beautifully organized ride with spectacular views of the mountains. The camaraderie is unmeasurable and I would recommend it to anybody!! Please take a very good look at the elevation that is required on the century route, it is VERY hilly, defenitally not for the casual at heart. However, you can pick the distance you want to ride and the other routes do not include such hills. It kicked my butt, but remembering friend suffering from cancer kept me going when I was all fussy about the hills. I have nothing to be fussy about compared to them!
    I know this is repeatitive but I would encourage every woman to do your monthly exams (me too) and see your MD regularly. Did anybody else ride?Bye for now, L.