Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Spazz, that's a possibility. Not bad.

However, what makes me uncomfortable is that Specialized does not allow mail order of their accessories. It doesn't seem fair for Susan to pay for market research for companies whose products she cannot sell.

Sidi wants to ask us how to make their shoes better? Go for it. Specialized? No. Tit for tat.

I know that leaves a gray area of companies whose products she may choose not to sell, but I haven't solved that one yet.

Specialized tends to take a heavyhanded approach with their dealers also. Maybe Rachel can read this part of the thread and take it back to management, not that they'll listen.
    I agree w/you, SK.

I don't think Rachael was "run off" the forum. She chose to no longer post, which is probably appropriate. She can easily do market research by lurking.
    Last edited by Selkie; 08-27-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwina View Post
    Actaully, you can mail-order specialized stuff. You just have to do it direct (no dealers)
    That's my point. I can't buy Specialized items from Susan.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I get the "no mail order" thing, but we all discuss products all the time that aren't purchasable here at TE. And, when we can, TE is a "preferred" point-of-purchase.

I'm thinking more around TE being the "bigger" person here (not that I think it isn't). I personally tout TE as the "everything-cycling-for-women place to hang out" as I'm sure many others do.

If it was also a place where cycle-centric companies could come and NOT market (without paying for an ad or letting TE sell their stuff) but do research about what women want or need, I think it would bring nothing but more kudos and good press to TE... why because every dealer that really wants to know what we think would be wise to post a link to the TE forums on their FB or Twitter or MySpace.

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog View Post
    A suggestion to toss into the community popcorn popper...

Perhaps TE could create a section on the forums for bike makers, equipment makers, etc and invite them to post research/development/consumer interest type threads. It's not "advertising" in the strictest sense of the word and it would put the manufacturers right here in the playpen... and put TE even more out there as a way fabulous site.

Just an idear...

spazz
    Hi Spazz,

I like that idea -- in fact, Susan and I have been discussing doing something similar - a closed forum (only moderators can post to) that manufacturers can request to be listed in, showing their contact info, and what kind of feedback they're looking for from our community.

I'd ask for a "real live human" contact name at each company, with a direct line phone number and/or email/webform/survey where people could provide them with feedback and suggestions.
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Sure, we discuss stuff all the time that we can't buy from TE, but this is a lot different than the manufacturer soliciting product advice for nothing.

It just doesn't sit well with me.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I like Spazz's idea a lot, probably because I was thinking the same thing just before I read it.
    I don't mind sharing my opinion for free. I do think it would be better to have a designated place for that to happen. I would not like to see this forum become one of those places where every third post is an advertisement for something I don't want to buy.

What's Going On on TE?
    Right now Currently Active Users: 232 (62 members and 170 guests)

My LBS checks TE (c'mon now, Chris. Who are you? ) not in the weird men reading the board creepy kind of way. He is honestly interested in what do those women riders want!?! I'd nominate him as an honorary woman because he treats his clients well but I don't think he'd accept and his wife and kid would have issues.

But 170 guests right now. Some of them are bike companies etc.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    But 170 guests right now. Some of them are bike companies etc.
    sad to say most of them are probably bots.......
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

bots?

that's just weird.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    that's just weird.
    nah - there are tons of little automated programs out there "crawling the web" sometimes they are simply reading and archiving or reading and generating key words linked to the URL, like the way back machine or search engines.

Sometimes they are more sinister - like bots that post ads on forums that don't have one of those little type in the wavy numbers and letters to verify you are real human boxes.

The Wiki on internet bots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N